HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tribute to Mats Sundin

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 10:41 PM
MLSE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1
What did Mats Sundin do to deserve a tribute? I didn't see him do anything worth one.
:lol

Old
05-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Mike1

Where did Mats lead this team? 2nd round out. The guy is such an icon..... Nobody seems to mention that this guy was a minus 4 in game 5 & the guy that Hitchcock puts out there to check HIM gets a hat trick. The team didn't accomplish anything,lead by Mats Sundin & here's a topic calling Mats the best Leaf ever......

Old
05-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Where did Mats lead this team? 2nd round out. The guy is such an icon..... Nobody seems to mention that this guy was a minus 4 in game 5 & the guy that Hitchcock puts out there to check HIM gets a hat trick. The team didn't accomplish anything,lead by Mats Sundin & here's a topic calling Mats the best Leaf ever......

The Whole team had one TERRIBLE game... and you pin it on a -4? McCabe had not one, but TWO gifts for Philly... Dont pin that loss on Mats the whole team played like ****, that includes Mats and Eddie.

Old
05-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Poikilitic

Quote:
I think his team, Sweden, has won at least 3 gold medals in World Championship play while he played for them.
And he's always Captain of the Swedish team too. Pretty cool, seeing that Forsberg is in that team too.
Too bad they lost today. Congrats to Canada...again

Old
05-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Mike1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
The Whole team had one TERRIBLE game... and you pin it on a -4? McCabe had not one, but TWO gifts for Philly... Dont pin that loss on Mats the whole team played like ****, that includes Mats and Eddie.
I pin it on a Sundin's -4 because the guy that Hitchcock put out there against Sundin OUTPLAYED HIM in a pivotal game & was a big reason for that score. Primeau had an excellent performance in game 5 & his team took the series because of it. I would be happy to give Mat Sundin a tribute once he accomplishes something of significance in the NHL & leads a team somewhere IN THE PLAYOFFS. A second round playoff loss isn't the time in my opinion.Especially with the 103pts season,60+ million dollar team that was assembled to help him win & they didn't do anything.

Last edited by Mike1: 05-10-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Epoch

Give Mike1 a break, it's his opinion.

Old
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Schenn02

I KNOW. But this thread is a Pro-Sundin thread. All the haters should get the hell out.

Old
05-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
I pin it on a Sundin's -4 because the guy that Hitchcock put out there against Sundin OUTPLAYED HIM in a pivotal game & was a big reason for that score. Primeau had an excellent performance in game 5 & his team took the series because of it. I would be happy to give Mat Sundin a tribute once he accomplishes something of significance in the NHL & leads a team somewhere IN THE PLAYOFFS. A second round playoff loss isn't the time in my opinion.Especially with the 103pts season,60+ million dollar team that was assembled to help him win & they didn't do anything.
in a 7-2 game, would it have mattered whether sundin showed up if the rest of the team didn't? that game was a blowout and not even sundin could have changed the final result. why don't you open your eyes and see what sundin did when the leafs needed him the most. game 6, down 2-0 headed into the third, he gets a goal and an assist to send it into ovetime. no good for you?? how about the fact that he's led the team in scoring all but 1 year since he's been here.
primeau's only good game of the series was game 5. he didn't even score in any other games. game 5 was a bust and we all know that. give him a break. he played at about 75%...if that. coming back early after a torn groin. he did his part and more. it was the supporting players that didn't produce. [antropov etc.] would you blame the canucks loss on markus naslund??? that's what i thought.

Old
05-10-2004, 06:09 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Primeau was healthy and Sundin was not... that being said I'm not sure why you are bashing your captain? I thought that stuff only happened on the Habs boards. Sundin is without a doubt one of the best players in the league, and I don't think you can blame him for assembling a team with a high payroll and a ton of vets... and a coach that just sends them out and hopes for the best!

Old
05-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Poikilitic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Primeau was healthy and Sundin was not... that being said I'm not sure why you are bashing your captain? I thought that stuff only happened on the Habs boards. Sundin is without a doubt one of the best players in the league, and I don't think you can blame him for assembling a team with a high payroll and a ton of vets... and a coach that just sends them out and hopes for the best!
That one guy is bashing Sundin, if you read the first 3 pages, we're idolizing him.

Old
05-10-2004, 08:13 PM
MLSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_tml89
in a 7-2 game, would it have mattered whether sundin showed up if the rest of the team didn't? that game was a blowout and not even sundin could have changed the final result. why don't you open your eyes and see what sundin did when the leafs needed him the most. game 6, down 2-0 headed into the third, he gets a goal and an assist to send it into ovetime. no good for you?? how about the fact that he's led the team in scoring all but 1 year since he's been here.
primeau's only good game of the series was game 5. he didn't even score in any other games. game 5 was a bust and we all know that. give him a break. he played at about 75%...if that. coming back early after a torn groin. he did his part and more. it was the supporting players that didn't produce. [antropov etc.] would you blame the canucks loss on markus naslund??? that's what i thought.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Mike1

Quote:

No it's not good enough for me.The Leafs still lost that game. Sundin ties the game & then they lose. Outstanding stuff.They go down 2-0 after they got their ***** handed to them the previous game.Primeau picked the right time to have a great game. Considering that the teams that win game 5 are undefeated in this years playoffs & have an 80 percent success rate of winning the series.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Quote:
No it's not good enough for me.The Leafs still lost that game. Sundin ties the game & then they lose. Outstanding stuff.They go down 2-0 after they got their ***** handed to them the previous game.Primeau picked the right time to have a great game. Considering that the teams that win game 5 are undefeated in this years playoffs & have an 80 percent success rate of winning the series.
you're one sour dude. why don't you take your whiney ass somewhere else. **** doesn't always work out. mats did a good job. he had a great series. the winning goal was on the 2nd 2 on 1 given up within 30 seconds. what do you want sundin to do? fill in on defence too? come on.

Old
05-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Ladies; Gentlemen; diplomats of the BWO security council,

I have a very important announcement to make.

As of this very moment, I, Yes Im Peter Ing... am wearing Mats Sunin boxer shorts.

Thank you.

Old
05-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Mike1

Quote:
what do you want sundin to do? fill in on defence too? come on.
No, I just a expect a team that has had such a poor effort to come out & play with some pride & fire instead of going down 2-0 in the first period. I guess that is too much to expect out of this bunch lead by Mats. Considering that historically they don't mind having embarassing performances in the playoffs.I'am one sour dude...... because i don't enjoy watching my favorite team go out in the second round in an embarassing way.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:04 PM
loveshack2

Quote:
No, I just a expect a team that has had such a poor effort to come out & play with some pride & fire instead of going down 2-0 in the first period. I guess that is too much to expect out of this bunch lead by Mats. Considering that historically they don't mind having embarassing performances in the playoffs.I'am one sour dude...... because i don't enjoy watching my favorite team go out in the second round in an embarassing way.
They came back from a 2-0 deficit and lost in overtime. In the 2nd and 3rd period they outshot the Flyers 24-7. How is that so embarrassing?

Old
05-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
They came back from a 2-0 deficit and lost in overtime. In the 2nd and 3rd period they outshot the Flyers 24-7. How is that so embarrassing?
he thinks they should never have been down 2-0 in the first place. that's what he finds embarassing.

why don't you give them some credit that they were able to come back from the deficit only to go out on a lucky 2 on 1 break. they had their chances, and they badly outplayed the flyers after they were down 2-0. they weren't able to catch the break they deserved.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Quote:
I'am one sour dude...... because i don't enjoy watching my favorite team go out in the second round in an embarassing way.
no one else here likes to see that either...believe me, we are all bitter. it's just that we know that they gave it a strong effort and put up a good fight and showed us that they did care. it's not like they handed it over to philly and didn't show up.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Mike1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
After you lose 7-2 you expect a much better performance than that from a team. The Flyers were sitting back & playing defense first after they got the 2-0 lead.

Old
05-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Quote:
After you lose 7-2 you expect a much better performance than that from a team. The Flyers were sitting back & playing defense first after they got the 2-0 lead.
this thread=tribute to mats sundin.
the fact that the leafs came out flat is not his fault, as he was pretty alive, and those comments belong on another board.
part of sundin's tribute was earned by rescuing his team from the 2-0 hole they unfortonately dug themselves into.

Old
05-12-2004, 10:27 AM
berney fkaj

Good Jobs Mats, and see ya next year

Old
05-12-2004, 03:41 PM
MLSE

My favorite guy to watch this playoffs when he was playing, great player. I hope we can win a cup for this guy Go Mats Go.

Closed Thread