HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread: Kovalev with OT winner, Habs win 3-2 and take a 2-0 series lead

Old
04-13-2008, 10:47 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fins420 View Post
Kovy in the RDS interview said something to the effect of "the guys were telling me after that Carbo was calling me, but I didn't hear. Guess I made the right decision."

Of course it'll get blown out of proportion, and who knows what happens. Certainly hope Carbo doesn't get his back up, cause it could cause trouble. Shrug it off, be happy you won, and focus on tomorrow night.
Carbo often stated that he doesn't care what his player do or don't do about his authority (if they practice hard in the training sessions, or obey what he tell them), as long as they really play during the game.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:00 AM
PricePkPatch

oh, and to add something, about a comment I heard a few pages ago:

"If we win the 3rd game, we'll have clinched it!"

here's my answer:

YOU HAVEN'T CLINCHED UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY CLINCH!

YOU DON'T WIN A GAME UNTIL THE HORN SOUNDS!

I though we had learned our lesson last night! We tought we had won the game easily after the 2nd period, yet we hadn't. If we think we have won the serie it after a (potential) 3rd win, we're being pathetic!!

Old
04-13-2008, 11:23 AM
TheGoalJudge

Streit is so much better as a forward. I wouldn't mind him in place of Dandenault to give that added secondary scoring.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Bouillon comes back quick. He really has been great this year.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:29 AM
jcpenny

Was at the game.

-Latendresse and Dandenault are liabilities in their zone. They will eventually be benched.

-Ryder is clearly not as bad as people want to make him. He only played 9:46 mins and still made a few things happen and never put the team in trouble. Guys stop hating the guy for nothing please...

-Price was great but that first was his mistake. Very bad rebound and it gave the Bruins some wings. The game should have never gone in OT. Good thing he won, he'll learn from that mistake.

-Props to Brisebois (minus the silly turnovers)

-Two breakaways with two of your most talented players, you hve to score. Thomas was good i must admit but Kovy had him beat on his breakaway, the puck just never settled and he totally missed his backhand.

-Bruins worked and deserved better but too bad!!

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
I just want to tell you guys that I watched the game yesterday with a bunch of Montreal fans at a bar in NYC. Your fans are absolute class and know their hockey (not that that is a surprise). It was a joy to watch the game with knowledgeable people like that. Good luck tonight. I'm pulling for the Habs. Watching games on TV at the Bell Centre just gives me chills.
Thanks man, makes me feel better that some people think we have class because on the Bruins board they all say how classless we are etc.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Thanks man, makes me feel better that some people think we have class because on the Bruins board they all say how classless we are etc.
You trust the Bruin Fans to be objective on the matter?

Or, any other team's fans that we are playing against?

Old
04-13-2008, 04:47 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but the Price had the first goal saved until Gorges deflected it the opposite way.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 04:54 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but the Price had the first goal saved until Gorges deflected it the opposite way.
Hmm makes more sense now cuz Price was in the zone yesterday but i still think he gave a really bad rebound on that play.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Hmm makes more sense now cuz Price was in the zone yesterday but i still think he gave a really bad rebound on that play.
No question he did. But he would've made up for it, had it not been deflected in mid-flight back to his left.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Seriously, i thought i was the only one on the entire planet that saw the puck go off gorges stick, i thought i was crazy, not ONE SINGLE POST on the game day thread mentioned it so i thought i wouldnt, Cuz price seemed to have the rebound covered as u can see in his reaction, ..he kicks right, and the puck goes left..the kids not an idiot..the puck went off gorges stick

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Seriously, i thought i was the only one on the entire planet that saw the puck go off gorges stick, i thought i was crazy, not ONE SINGLE POST on the game day thread mentioned it so i thought i wouldnt, Cuz price seemed to have the rebound covered as u can see in his reaction, ..he kicks right, and the puck goes left..the kids not an idiot..the puck went off gorges stick
I agree... Price was in perfect position to play that rebound, but it was an unfortunate tip by Gorges.

These things happen, but it does put the Bruins' purported domination into perspective. La Presse, in Tremblay's comment, reports that the Habs had around 20 scoring chances and the Bruins around 10.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote