HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Preds @ Wings - 1pm CST (Eventual Road win Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
zackisonfire*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Yesterday the lineman cleary skated into the path of an attempt.
When exactly are you referring to?

I remember when the linesman got smashed with the puck in the thigh, which I don't see how that was clearly getting in the path when he tried to jump over it.

Last edited by zackisonfire*: 04-13-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Yesterday the lineman cleary skated into the path of an attempt.
And you really think he did it on purpose? Do you realize how silly that is to even assume?

Look, I think the waved off goal was crap. I sympathize with all of you on that. Tough, tough break and I would be just as upset had it happened to the Wings.

But to insinuate the linesmen are intentionally getting in the path of Predator clearing attempts is just silly.

Old
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
Yes, I'll agree, Arnott is not really looking like a 'throw it all on the line' kind a guy for you.
To be honest, if you asked me, and I'm not a big Tootoo guy after watching his antics down here in MKE - give him the 'C'...He's throwin' it all out on the ice. Good on him...
Good on him indeed. And I may piss off some of my fellow Wings fans when I say this, but I would love it if Tootoo were on the Wings. I love agitating players. Tootoo, Avery, Corey Perry....I love all those guys.

He is a pain in the Wings ass, but I love the way he plays.

Old
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
DTownWingsfan

I'm not here to troll, just to ask a question. I understand you guys are upset about the off-side play that resulted in Hank scoring a goal in game 1, and wanting the goal to count that you guys scored yesterday but was waved off, but are you seriously trying to suggest that the linesmen have purposely interfered to help Detroit win the games?

Honestly, I'd be more upset with the fact that Arnott has one shot on goal through 2 games, or that Ellis had terrible rebound control yesterday, or even that your coach doesn't seem to be concerned with your best players not showing up to play. As much as I can't stand Tootoo, it seems like he is the only guy on your team giving full effort so far on the ice. Like I said, I understand being upset with a few things, but there is no way the linesmen are the reason the Wings won yesterday. Nashville tied it up at 2 and had all the momentum, and then your own defenseman caused the GWG to be scored.

I do wish you guys a little luck the rest of the series, just not too much

Old
04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
zackisonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Can a mod please start issuing warnings for the trolls. Either that or this thread and others will start getting ugly. The stupid effing stereotyping BS and repetitive crap that is meant to keep the PREDATORS fans on this board from having a conversation is a ****ing disgrace. This board is supposed to be moded better than this.
Nobody here is trolling.
I just heard some fans of the predators sincerely think the officials are intentionally getting in the way of pucks, and of course, i didn't believe it. But as it turns out, it's true. Really, i can understand anger over the call of the 1st period goal, but I can't believe people honestly think there is a conspiracy going on. Not to mention theres people mis quoting Babcock horribly.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsnazzy View Post
How ironic the person calling for the mods is being more derogatory than anyone else in this thread.

The goal shouldn't have been called off I agree 100%.
The Holmstrom goal I understand it is possible that he did impede his movement but I don't think so.

The reason this thread has drawn so much attention is that it seems you guys want everyone to believe that it was an illegitimate win for the wings.

Refs played a part, as the play a part in every game. Sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesn't, it will happen to us as well. Lets hope for a well officiated rest of the series.
Then go complain on your board about us complaining. If a couple of the Wing fans weren't here dragging on the discussion it would be over already. Not to mention the fact that the posters on this board are pretty good about giving the one poster talking about refs throwing the games crap. It's not like the vast majority of the Nashville posters are talking about a conspiracy.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
zackisonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Then go complain on your board about us complaining. If a couple of the Wing fans weren't here dragging on the discussion it would be over already. Not to mention the fact that the posters on this board are pretty good about giving the one poster talking about refs throwing the games crap. It's not like the vast majority of the Nashville posters are talking about a conspiracy.
I'm not complaining at all.

I've been reading this thread and I agree with you guys on most of the points you have brought up.

However, yeah we gave the guy crap who said the refs intentionally got in the way of the play to stop nashville.

Which even that I would consider that if there was some proof of it. Like I said earlier the only time I remember it happening he tried to get out of the way and took a puck in the leg.

Is there a play that I missed?

Old
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsnazzy View Post
I'm not complaining at all.

I've been reading this thread and I agree with you guys on most of the points you have brought up.

However, yeah we gave the guy crap who said the refs intentionally got in the way of the play to stop nashville.

Which even that I would consider that if there was some proof of it. Like I said earlier the only time I remember it happening he tried to get out of the way and took a puck in the leg.

Is there a play that I missed?
I don't know it's not my theory. But you do have to realize it's happened a couple of times now and in game 1 the linesmen said that the puck didn't touch him...now if he had said it touched me but I was in the zone so the play is onside...that would be easier to take. Then you could say okay he made a mistake/misjudged where he was on the rink. Couple that with the lie of "intent to blow the whistle" just to cover a mistake and you can see how someone might start thinking about conspiracy.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

new game tomorrow. this thread has run its course.

Closed Thread