HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do you realize we are playing without Koivu?

Old
04-13-2008, 11:17 AM
AH

vCash: 500
Even when Koivu gets back, there is going to be Bouillon in the lineup as well. I feel that we are missing Bou really bad out there.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
I feel that we are missing Bou really bad out there.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but we are missing Bou.

Komo is not 100% out there and his timing is off, it's quite obvious. With OB and Bou in the stands our D is really soft right now. Only Hammer is dishing out big hits. We are going to need some more muscle back there.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Ive been hard on him all the season long for good reason, the guy looked tired most of the game and wasnt effective.. I was praying that we would wake up at some point and it happened, near the end of the season Koivu played a couple of games that reassured me where he was more alive, more effective and all.. So I think afterall he still has something left in the tank and that we will see an inspirated Koivu when he comes back.. That injury is maybe the best thing that could happen, Koivu has the chance to rest alot and we are proving that even without him, the team still can win.. If Koivu comes back on fire, that will be an incredible boost for this team and the Rags will have a little surprise..

If ever we win the cup, Koivu is the one I'll be the most happy for cause he really deserves it when you know all what happened in his carreer.. He always said he wanted to win the cup here even after so many years of darkness where Koivu had no support..
i agree with you . He didn't have a good season , but was playing well at the end of the season . I hope he will continue to play that kind of hockey once he will be back . I also like the the fact that he has a lot of time to rest . It will be a + at some point .

We have 7 goals in 2 games , and we gave 3 goals only . No need to rush him .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Honestly Koivu is the 7th best player on this team right now. Even lower next year. He's our captain, but Komi, Markov, Hamr, Price, Plek, Kovalev are all easily more important than him. Maybe ties with Higgins and A Kost.
Are you kidding me, Plek? Where has he been the last two to three weeks? Have you noticed that since Pleks is MIA, Kovy has had to carry all the load for his line and has become less effective? Are you starting to see the similarity from Kovy's play lately to last season?

Koivu is still the second best forward on this team and has always been a player that step up in the playoffs.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Are you kidding me, Plek? Where has he been the last two to three weeks? Have you noticed that since Pleks is MIA, Kovy has had to carry all the load for his line and has become less effective? Are you starting to see the similarity from Kovy's play lately to last season?

Koivu is still the second best forward on this team and has always been a player that step up in the playoffs.
He has seemed off lately ehh ? On the pp, I've found that he isn't moving enough. He had this play going where he'd disappear behind the net and come out the other side when Kovy was mesmerizing the D. I've found him to be stationary where Koivu tends to set up. When he gets it, he doesn't take the step towards the net to force anyone to go to him.

OR, I could be wrong.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
MontrealHabitant

I like to believe that Higgins-Koivu was duo that worked for most of the year ( IMO Koivu is one of the reason Higgins had success and almost 30 goals)

The only reason Koivu and Higgins don't have 60+ points is because we haven't been able to figure out whos gonna be their winger ? We tried Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Lapierre, Ryder, Grabovski.. and to be honest none had the skills to follow Higgings and Koivu around...

I'd say try Kostitsyn again.. he's been playing well lately.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:51 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Koi-who?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Pleks has difinitively been our #1 center all the season long and its not just about his wingers, he deserves alot of credit for making his line work.. Remember in the second half of the last season where he was our best player, he was the one carrying the team offensively, made Higgins find his confidence back..

I will agree on one thing, when Koivu is at his best, he might be slighty better than a Plekanec at his best, its debatable.. But if you take in consideration that Koivu isnt getting younger, that the cancer he had to face possibly took 3 years from him, the eye injury and all.. Its just normal that a kid like Pleks became the one to rely on the most..

I think Kovalev has been playing ugly selfish hockey since the begin of the playoffs, I dont know if he wants to prove somehting to his dad but Kovy has to come back at what made him sucessful during the season, using his linemates more instead wanting to do too much by himself, skate foward with the puck, be more in movement, make his plays quicker with more intensity.. At the moment he looks like he has no jump, slow motion, east west, exactly how he played last season and thats why Carbo wasnt happy about his play in the last game..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
I like to believe that Higgins-Koivu was duo that worked for most of the year ( IMO Koivu is one of the reason Higgins had success and almost 30 goals)

The only reason Koivu and Higgins don't have 60+ points is because we haven't been able to figure out whos gonna be their winger ? We tried Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Lapierre, Ryder, Grabovski.. and to be honest none had the skills to follow Higgings and Koivu around...

I'd say try Kostitsyn again.. he's been playing well lately.
Higgins does not work with Koivu. his shooting is too erratic and his play too inconsistent to be on the top 2 lines.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Who needs Koivu when we have Kaptain Kovy
We do, 36 pts in 43 games not to shabby.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Lone Rogue

Oh, we need him.

We're just not the same.

I love Kovalev, but he does not bring the same level of leadership. We're lost a bit.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Oh, we need him.

We're just not the same.

I love Kovalev, but he does not bring the same level of leadership. We're lost a bit.
At this point it be nice if Kovalev brought his "B" game.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Pleks has difinitively been our #1 center all the season long and its not just about his wingers, he deserves alot of credit for making his line work.. Remember in the second half of the last season where he was our best player, he was the one carrying the team offensively, made Higgins find his confidence back..
Our #1 center is non-existent again tonight. Playoff hockey sure changes perceptions of players.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
CPrice

Pleks needs to pick his game up thats for sure.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Our #1 center is non-existent again tonight. Playoff hockey sure changes perceptions of players.
The guy has played like 9 playoff games and has something like 6 pts, so first off hes inexperienced, and 2nd he can score in the playoffs because hes done it before

The whole team was crap tonight, its not just one players problem. Having Koivu would be a huge boost though we really need him.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Ross MacLochness

How has Koivu not even tried to get his foot in a skate yet?

He can't be close if thats the case.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
How has Koivu not even tried to get his foot in a skate yet?

He can't be close if thats the case.

Well there is no point in him skating and reinjuring himself at this point, and we are up in the series so again no rush.

broken bone in the foot though again is a few weeks unless its some sort of different injury which it very possibly could be.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote