HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hatcher Suspended

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
Hatcher Suspended

For three games by the NHL according to NHL.com for the elbowing incident during the Calgary series.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:26 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Further proof that the NHL reacts to injury's. Lombardi announced with a concussion, boom 3 game suspension. What a joke.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Further proof that the NHL reacts to injury's. Lombardi announced with a concussion, boom 3 game suspension. What a joke.
I think moreso than that is Hatcher's history with the elbow. The injury is one thing, but he consistantly commits rather blatant elbowing penalties. I agree with the suspension on a number of levels, and that's the first and most basic one. I think Lombardi's injury lengthened it, but didn't cause it.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Whatever, he deserved what he got. If only the NHL would keep cracking down consistently.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Nic

Hatcher has a history of those kind of elbows. On sportsnet they showed him doing pretty much the exact same thing a few years ago, when he was still with Dallas.

The NHL should take a hardline on players who injure, and attempt to injure other players. For example, I think Hatchers elbow on Lombardi should have drawn at least a 10-game suspension. Harsh? of course, but I would rather the punishment be overly harsh then the three measly games that Hatcher got.

Deturrance and education are the key elements to eliminating the needless violence in hockey

Old
05-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Spaceace

Hatcher is a punk-ass *****!! :mad: He SUCKS!!! He skates like he has weights in his skates. He looks like Lurch from The Addams Family, "You Rannnnnnnggggggg?" In March 2001, he took out Jeff Finley w/ one of his patened elbows. Finley was out for the rest of the year. Any Detroit fan who defends Mr. Elbow is a joke themselves.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
Why should the injury sustained by the innocent party not be factored in the suspension? Does this have to with you being located in Vancouver and poor, innocent Todd Bertuzzi got "too severe" a penalty?

If you shoot someone and they survive, you would get a much different sentence than if you shoot them and they die. Would you agree?

Old
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Hellsempire

OK this is a repeat topic and this bum Hatcher does not need this many threads. So far we have three of the same reguarding Hatcher.

Old
05-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
Why should the injury sustained by the innocent party not be factored in the suspension? Does this have to with you being located in Vancouver and poor, innocent Todd Bertuzzi got "too severe" a penalty?

If you shoot someone and they survive, you would get a much different sentence than if you shoot them and they die. Would you agree?
LET IT GO!!

Old
05-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

As a Wings fans, 3 games is fair. You could make a better argument that he deserves more games than less games.

Old
05-12-2004, 02:46 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
It is definitely wrong if the NHL is only suspending Hatcher because Lombardi ended up injured. However, the injury should certainly play a factor in how long the player is suspended for..

Old
05-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
It is definitely wrong if the NHL is only suspending Hatcher because Lombardi ended up injured. However, the injury should certainly play a factor in how long the player is suspended for..
That is exactly what the NHL does. Example: earlier in the year when Bryan Allen slashed Zetterberg in front of the net in a manner that you see hundreds of time in the course of a game that goes unpenalized....the only difference was that it hit the exact right spot on Zetterberg and fractured his leg. The slash wasn't even called a penalty, but Allen got 2 games. There is no way the league would have even reviewed the play had Zetterberg not broken his leg.

Old
05-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Wisent

Quote:

I would agree to that, but I think that this is wrong too. One should get the penalty for the attempt not for the effect. If I try to shoot someone, to stay on your terms, and he survives it is not because I wanted him to survive, it's because he got lucky. Same with an attempt to injure in hockey.

Old
05-12-2004, 06:14 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:

What about the Moore hit that caused Naslund to have a concussion. Hatcher deserved what he got. Comparing it to Bertuzzi....? I agree with whoever said it. Let it go. Get over it. Hatcher has to pay. IMO, this is good news. Hatcher will actually make it to the 4th game of the regular season as a Red Wing....wait...maybe thats bad news...

Old
05-12-2004, 06:15 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent
I would agree to that, but I think that this is wrong too. One should get the penalty for the attempt not for the effect. If I try to shoot someone, to stay on your terms, and he survives it is not because I wanted him to survive, it's because he got lucky. Same with an attempt to injure in hockey.
Maybe you are just a horrible shot.

Old
05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle axe
That is exactly what the NHL does. Example: earlier in the year when Bryan Allen slashed Zetterberg in front of the net in a manner that you see hundreds of time in the course of a game that goes unpenalized....the only difference was that it hit the exact right spot on Zetterberg and fractured his leg. The slash wasn't even called a penalty, but Allen got 2 games. There is no way the league would have even reviewed the play had Zetterberg not broken his leg.
yeah and I can say this: Schneider accidently hits-not even slashes-Glen Murray (a good friend of Schneiders) on the neck with his stick. Is Murray injured? No. Does Murray have to be taken out of the game? No. What does Murray do? He winces, and continues to play. Schneider gets 2 games. No penalty assessed. No injury occurs, an immediate 2 games. Steve Yzerman gets catapulted in the mouth by Adam Foote's stick. There is 1 second left in the game when this occurs. Its careless use of the stick, just like the case with Schneider, a penalty is assesed. Yzerman goes on to have a few teeth knocked out, a bloodied mouth, and stitches. He has to wear braces and a mouth guard for 3 weeks. Does Foote get a suspension? No. It works in all areas. Stop trying to make it sound like the league favors the Wings when it comes to suspensions.

Old
05-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
yeah and I can say this: Schneider accidently hits-not even slashes-Glen Murray (a good friend of Schneiders) on the neck with his stick. Is Murray injured? No. Does Murray have to be taken out of the game? No. What does Murray do? He winces, and continues to play. Schneider gets 2 games. No penalty assessed. No injury occurs, an immediate 2 games. Steve Yzerman gets catapulted in the mouth by Adam Foote's stick. There is 1 second left in the game when this occurs. Its careless use of the stick, just like the case with Schneider, a penalty is assesed. Yzerman goes on to have a few teeth knocked out, a bloodied mouth, and stitches. He has to wear braces and a mouth guard for 3 weeks. Does Foote get a suspension? No. It works in all areas. Stop trying to make it sound like the league favors the Wings when it comes to suspensions.
What the hell are you talking about?!?! It just so happened that the example I used involved a Red Wings player. The reason I used that example is because it involved player on the Canucks, which, by coincedence, just happens to be the team I follow and see the most of. In no way did I say, implicitely or explicitely, that the league favours the Wings in any way, shape, or form. So maybe you might want to tone down the accusations there buddy.

Closed Thread