HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We Repent Please Come Back Koivu

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2008, 02:40 AM
  #1
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
We Repent Please Come Back Koivu

So... this is for all the fans who thought we didn't need Koivu to win this series. Come one come all... and repent your blasphemous thoughts/words


Starting with me


I repent oh Koivu, our offense just isn't the same without you. In the playoffs you clearly will be the #1 Center since Pleks has kind of gone missing


Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:00 AM
  #2
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
So... this is for all the fans who thought we didn't need Koivu to win this series. Come one come all... and repent your blasphemous thoughts/words


Starting with me


I repent oh Koivu, our offense just isn't the same without you. In the playoffs you clearly will be the #1 Center since Pleks has kind of gone missing



I just finished watching the game (downloaded from torrents)... man it is tough
Heuh.. We dont need Koivu to win that serie, but it will be a total different story against the Rags..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:03 AM
  #3
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Heuh.. We dont need Koivu to win that serie, but it will be a total different story against the Rags..
We've been outplayed the last 2 games. The faster Koivu can come back the better.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:25 AM
  #4
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Koivu will provide a moral as well as an offensive boost, but CBC said he won't be re-evaluated until Wednesday, so that means he won't be back until Game 5 at the absolute earliest, and even that I wouldn't count on.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:34 AM
  #5
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Koivu will provide a moral as well as an offensive boost, but CBC said he won't be re-evaluated until Wednesday, so that means he won't be back until Game 5 at the absolute earliest, and even that I wouldn't count on.
I actually heard that too during the game tonight. I guess a lot will depend on how well we play in game 4. I think if we win we won't see him in game 5, but *cringes* if we lose IMO he'll be in.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:51 AM
  #6
revolverjgw
Registered User
 
revolverjgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
I don't think we'll need him this series. Rushing him back when he's not 100% might not even make the team better, and it 100% sure as heck won't be a good long term decision.

We will need him next round, though.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:09 AM
  #7
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Heuh.. We dont need Koivu to win that serie, but it will be a total different story against the Rags..
We'll play the Flyers in round 2. Ovechkin and the Caps are gonna pull a Crosby-Pens 2007.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:19 AM
  #8
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
there's no need to rush koivu.

Montreal still holds the hammer in this series, no pun intended.

Carbo usually shakes things up when he loses but he's doing it one game late IMO. I'd move streit up front, sit dandy, and dress ryan o'byrne. If there ever was a series tailor made for O'Byrne's assets, its this one. Also, if Bouillon is ready to go, I'd sit Brisebois. Breezer has been okay but we could use Bouillon's mobility and physicality back there. Brisebois got burned a couple times last night, including a boneheaded pinch resulting in a 2 on1 with 9 minutes left in tied game.

If Carbo makes these changes, I think the habs get that split on the road that they were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
I don't think we'll need him this series. Rushing him back when he's not 100% might not even make the team better, and it 100% sure as heck won't be a good long term decision.

We will need him next round, though.
yikes, lets not make enemies with the hockey gods


Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:05 AM
  #9
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
I REPENT !!!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:28 AM
  #10
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
We'll play the Flyers in round 2. Ovechkin and the Caps are gonna pull a Crosby-Pens 2007.
Seriously..

Too much talk about "next rounds" on this board.. Lets worry about eliminating the Bruins first..

Yeah, I believe in karma.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
  #11
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
I don't think we're missing Koivu in this series as much as we are the skill of the players actually on the ice. What the hell has happened to Plekanec? And Hamrlik and Andrei Kosty seemed pretty exhausted in Game 3. And so on. I mean. Higgins isn't even hitting the post 20 times a game, you know there's something wrong there. I hope this loss motivates them to play like they did in game 1 otherwise it's going to be Bruins in 7 not Habs in 7 like I had been predicting.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
  #12
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Heuh.. We dont need Koivu to win that serie, but it will be a total different story against the Rags..
We'll be playing the Flyers, who we could beat without our top 3 lines.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
  #13
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
there's no need to rush koivu.

Montreal still holds the hammer in this series, no pun intended.

Carbo usually shakes things up when he loses but he's doing it one game late IMO. I'd move streit up front, sit dandy, and dress ryan o'byrne. If there ever was a series tailor made for O'Byrne's assets, its this one. Also, if Bouillon is ready to go, I'd sit Brisebois. Breezer has been okay but we could use Bouillon's mobility and physicality back there. Brisebois got burned a couple times last night, including a boneheaded pinch resulting in a 2 on1 with 9 minutes left in tied game.
I can't remember but was Breezy really on for that goal? Just asking because he was a 0 +/- yesterday with no points.

pepperMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:41 AM
  #14
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I can't remember but was Breezy really on for that goal? Just asking because he was a 0 +/- yesterday with no points.
They didnt score on the odd man rush... Price made the save.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
  #15
Mister Tazzi
Registered User
 
Mister Tazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kirkland
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
I always loved Saks, hope he comes back soon... This guy is the heart of this team even if some don't realize it. He's a very good center, maybe not in the lecacalier mold or even in sundin's but this guy is a monster in the playoffs... Who knows, he might be the first european born captain to ever win a cup lol

Mister Tazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:47 AM
  #16
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
They didnt score on the odd man rush... Price made the save.
Ahh, one of those. Thanks.

pepperMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:59 AM
  #17
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Anyone who actually thought or said out loud that the Habs did not need Koivu on this current roster deserves a losing team.

Simple.

You think that, your team deserves to lose.

Duh!

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:25 AM
  #18
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
36 pts in 43 career playoffs games is always missed...However we can and should win this series even without him.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
  #19
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
We knew missing Saku would hurt us. He needs to suit up for game 4.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
  #20
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
When game 4 comes around Koivu will be two days shy of being 3 weeks off from his fractured foot. That's quite enough time to heal. Carbo was probably waiting for the right moment to insert him back.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
  #21
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Bow your heads and join me in prayer, my children:

O Holy Koivu,
attendant of my wretched soul
and of mine afflicted life,
forsake me not, a Hab-lover,
neither depart from me for mine inconstancy.
Give no place to the evil Bruin to subdue me
with the oppression of this mortal body;
but take me by my wretched and outstretched hand,
and lead me in the way of Stanley.
Yea, O holy Angel of Koivu,
the guardian and protector
of my hapless soul and body,
forgive me all things
whatsoever wherewith I have doubted thee,
all the days of the season,
and if I have sinned in anything this day.
Shelter me in this present quarter-final,
and keep me from every affront of the Bruin,
lest I anger Price by any sin;
and intercede with the Kovalev in my behalf,
that He might strengthen me in the fear of Him,
and make me a worthy fan of His goodness.

Amen

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:32 PM
  #22
ari1160
 
ari1160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I don't think we're missing Koivu in this series
ohhh really, am just saying cause we cant score on pp, i think we are 1 for 18 or something and even on 5 on 5 he is missed. he puts good numbers in playoffs and anytime you dont have a guy who puts a good stats in playoffs he is always missed in a team, and on top of everything he is our captain, and a team need their captain. i hope he is back around game 5, dont think he will play in game 4 but we are missing saku's presence.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
  #23
Habbiebo0gie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mtl
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
We really need Koivu, he's a guy that can shine in a tight checking game, unlike other small-ish centers (i.e. Pleks). Koivu can take some pressure off our big boys, cuz the B's will have to watch 2 dangerous offensive lines.

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
  #24
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I don't think we're missing Koivu in this series as much as we are the skill of the players actually on the ice. What the hell has happened to Plekanec? And Hamrlik and Andrei Kosty seemed pretty exhausted in Game 3. And so on. I mean. Higgins isn't even hitting the post 20 times a game, you know there's something wrong there. I hope this loss motivates them to play like they did in game 1 otherwise it's going to be Bruins in 7 not Habs in 7 like I had been predicting.
If Plekanec and others aren't performing, maybe it's because the Bruins are targeting them. If Koivu were available, it would give the Bruins something else to think about because they can't just ignore him.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.