HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are the Habs able to make the necessary adjustments?

Old
04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
cprice31

vCash: 500
Are the Habs able to make the necessary adjustments?

We are playing right into the hands on Claude Julien's strategy

1- hitting our defense, putting pressure causing turnovers. In game 2, we turnedover the puck on a 2:1 ratio vs. the Bruins

2- Our Line 1 and 2 is completely non-existant. Either on the PP or even strength. The only dim of light is Sergei Kostitsyn

In your opinion, how can we adjust to the Bruins reality? I was at the game last night, and was very alarmed.

Although the shots were close, the Bruins outplayed us in every respect but goaltending (they had better chances on Price than we did on Thomas)?

Mark
-A concerned Habs fan

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
lasainteflanelle*

i'd even say thomas outplayed price. not saying price was bad in any way, he was amazing...but thomas was spectacular. thomas is the reason the habs didn't win in OT.

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
cprice31

Fair enough, but Price is the reason why we got to OT (Krejci breakaways - 2, glove saves).

Old
04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

we will see a different team tomorrow night. that loss was the wake up call the team needed. as for Thomas, if we had more shots that hit the net we would have won that game.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Alarming ???

If there's anything, I'm somewhat happy the way the game went yesterday... we had 6-7 VERY GOOD chances in OT, and only cause we came back to our basics, wich are : 1. no def to def passes, from def to forwards right away. 2. skating at full speed coming out of our zone. 3. tape to tape passes.

if there's anything (assuming Habs learned their lesson yesterday) it's for the B's that it should be alarming... come on, they played their best game of the season while we were average, and they needed the OT (with an extra men) to win this one...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Marco Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
we will see a different team tomorrow night. that loss was the wake up call the team needed.
I agree. The boys are now grounded after the loss last night and can get back to the basics.

Keep things simple. Get the puck on net, backcheck, skate, skate and skate some more.

I predict a HUGE Hab win on Tuesday!

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Russeltown

I am not worried at all. I just hope this series ends as soon as possible... .

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

""Are the Habs able to make the necessary adjustments?""

If the Ruins were able to make the necessary adjustments, why would the Habs be unable to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Alarming ???

If there's anything, I'm somewhat happy the way the game went yesterday... we had 6-7 VERY GOOD chances in OT, and only cause we came back to our basics, wich are : 1. no def to def passes, from def to forwards right away. 2. skating at full speed coming out of our zone. 3. tape to tape passes.

if there's anything (assuming Habs learned their lesson yesterday) it's for the B's that it should be alarming... come on, they played their best game of the season while we were average, and they needed the OT (with an extra men) to win this one...
My thoughts exactly.

Carbo will know what to say and do to make them win.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
cprice31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
""Are the Habs able to make the necessary adjustments?""

If the Ruins were able to make the necessary adjustments, why would the Habs be unable to do the same.
I argue the Bruins were lost game 1. Game 2 or 3 was more returning to normal play.

Old
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Netro

I'd be more concerned if I didn't like what I saw after period 1. The game opened up in the second and the Habs, I thought, took the game over. If it wasn't for Thomas, it would be 3-0.

The reality is that this is playoff hockey. Chances are reduced and teams must be opportunistic. In game 2, the habs were and won despite being outplayed. In game 3, the habs had there chances to win but didn't capitalize. Kudos to Thomas, I thought he was the game's first star.

The Habs are still getting powerplays against the B's. They need to capitalize. Bottom line, if players like Kovy, Pleks, Kosty, Higgins and Ryder don't capitalize and contribute, the Habs won't win. I am confident seeing as how they got the game to open up in game 3 that they will be better in game 4. If the game is played at a faster rate, it is just a matter of time.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice31 View Post
I argue the Bruins were lost game 1. Game 2 or 3 was more returning to normal play.
Same could be said of the Habs in game 3...

The Ruins did make adjustments... the Habs will too.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Travis Moen

We only need to get our PP back and we'll be rolling over them.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
i'd even say thomas outplayed price. not saying price was bad in any way, he was amazing...but thomas was spectacular. thomas is the reason the habs didn't win in OT.
I was also at the game last night and agree that Thomas was excellent. My only problem with the contention that he was better than Price is that most of the scoring chances against him were produced by our lesser-talented 3rd and 4th lines because, as cp31 says, our first two lines have disappeared.

My opinion remains as it was before the playoffs. We may or may not beat the Bruins but the Habs top six forwards are too soft and it's the only reason we are not real Stanley Cup contenders (that and maybe Carbonneau's incessant playing of Brisebois as well as his relentless urge to give Streit a regular even strength shift - both piss poor decisions). If we could fix this one (maybe two) issue(s), things would be different.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:14 PM
ed ible*

hey we still got home ice advantage and even if we lose tomorrow we still got home ice..............Im not worried at all.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
i'd even say thomas outplayed price. not saying price was bad in any way, he was amazing...but thomas was amazing AND lucky. Thomas and Bad luck is the reason the habs didn't win in OT.
Fixed for more accuracy.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Iwishihadacup

We lost a game in front of a team that did not beat us for 10 matchs, we can easily put a competition with them

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Habbiebo0gie

I want Koivu.

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
We lost a game in front of a team that did not beat us for 10 matchs, we can easily put a competition with them
What he said.

We won 13 straight games against the Bruins and lost one. I'm very far away from thinking we can't beat them.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:18 PM
j52

If the CH play the next game like the last one, then the Bruins will upset them in 6 games.
Our invisible players-Higgins, Pleks, Lats, et al have to play offensive. Ryder, Brisebois, and Streit should be benched, and please don't bring back Bouillon!

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
ap3lovr

Hate to cross boards to make a post, as a B's fan, I just need to say this...

The Canadians are still winning the series, Price has been amazing and that's exactly why the Canadians are going to beat the Bruins. The Habs aren't playing into Julien's system by any means, they just ran into a hot Goalie last night.

That being said, the last 2 games where very, very entertaining and I only hope the next 2-4 games are just as good.

ap3lovr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
If the CH play the next game like the last one, then the Bruins will upset them in 6 games.
Our invisible players-Higgins, Pleks, Lats, et al have to play offensive. Ryder, Brisebois, and Streit should be benched, and please don't bring back Bouillon!
Exactly, lets play with only 4 D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post

The Canadians are still winning the series, Price has been amazing and that's exactly why the Canadians are going to beat the Bruins. The Habs aren't playing into Julien's system by any means, they just ran into a hot Goalie last night.

That being said, the last 2 games where very, very entertaining and I only hope the next 2-4 games are just as good.
Agreed, lots of kids on both side, only hoping this will grow into a great rivalry again, for years to come...

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 05:44 PM.
ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post

Its always good to get a differing perspective than those that we normally get on this board. It even better that its not an Avery post .

As for the series, the Habs will make the necessary adjustments, specifically on the PP. Needs to be simplified with shots from the point, fast puck movement, and the use of the Kovy option from time to time. In essence, make it less predictable.

As for last game, from the second period onwards the Habs were the better team. They were able to generate the better chances and were unfortunate that they faced a hot goalie like Thomas. IMHO, Price will not allow more than 2 goals a game unlike Thomas.

And yes, the series is an entertaining one with crushing hits from both teams. Its just that its a little too close for comfort .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice31 View Post
We are playing right into the hands on Claude Julien's strategy

1- hitting our defense, putting pressure causing turnovers. In game 2, we turnedover the puck on a 2:1 ratio vs. the Bruins

2- Our Line 1 and 2 is completely non-existant. Either on the PP or even strength. The only dim of light is Sergei Kostitsyn

In your opinion, how can we adjust to the Bruins reality? I was at the game last night, and was very alarmed.

Although the shots were close, the Bruins outplayed us in every respect but goaltending (they had better chances on Price than we did on Thomas)?

Mark
-A concerned Habs fan
Habs need skaters and scoring, easy like that.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think the Bruins played it perfectly. They hit us all night long and kept calling us soft and weak after the whistles. Soon enough we forgot about playing hockey and tried to prove how tough we were.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote