HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick Lie + Curve

Old
04-14-2008, 02:39 PM
ApeZilla

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Stick Lie + Curve

I'm getting a new stick today. I wanted to move to the Bauer Malkin curve over the NAslund because of the square toe, and the curve seems the same. However the Lie of the Malkin is 5, as opposed to the Naslund which is a 6. The Blade seems to wear evenly with my 6 but I'm not sure I'm looking at it right, would I notice the change from 6 to 5?

Also, does anyone have experince with the Bauer pm9 curve. It has been the Hossa and St. Louis before the Malkin. My Friend has this curve and I noticed a positive change in my wrist shot

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:30 PM
SSM12

If you have been playing long the lie shouldnt make too much of a difference or it hasnt for me, but Ive only gone up or down by .5 so I dont know if a whole number may change that Personally I stick with the Naslund cause it is as close to my Semin prostock that I could find. The gagne curve is also very similar to malkin/naslund.

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Orthodox Caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM12 View Post
If you have been playing long the lie shouldnt make too much of a difference or it hasnt for me, but Ive only gone up or down by .5 so I dont know if a whole number may change that Personally I stick with the Naslund cause it is as close to my Semin prostock that I could find. The gagne curve is also very similar to malkin/naslund.
Is it easier to get the puck off the ice on shots with the Naslund curve? I have the Forsberg curve (which is similiar to Malkin/St Louis) and I love it but I'd like to life the puck faster.

Orthodox Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:37 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Not to say you can't adjust, but you will notice a difference. You can make lie adjustments a little easier by extending or cutting down your shaft depending on which way you go.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote