HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PLAYOFF GDT: GM3 : Detroit@Nashville : 4-14-08 : 6:30pmCDT

Old
04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
SCORE ERAT!!!!!

PREDS WIN!!!!!

Drury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
fielding

That was a roller coaster of a game! Wow!

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Paincakes

Hell Yeah You Mother ****ers!

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Change of the lines - 4 ES goals in less than 30 minutes of play....

04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Trotz finally willing to change things up for real, and we ****ing win baby.............

Now on to game 4

Drury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

Man oh man that was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Awesome turn around for you guys.

The Preds have had some awful luck, good to see them in the series.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
isleskovalchuk

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

What A Comeback Win!!!

Still In The Series, Win Game 4 Now And Keep The Home Ice Alive!!!!

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
Sorry guys. I wasnt meaning to patronize or anything of that nature. I just thought I would try and have some fun with you guys and was expecting the same in return. Its better than pissing and moaning at each other isnt it?

I dont know...maybe not.

Enjoy the game!
**** that, this is the playoffs, it's war.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Preds outchanced and outshot the Wings, while having a 52% faceoff percentage. Legwand with a goal, +3, and 5 SOG tonight in 16 minutes...

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
DManPreds11

All I can say is WOW, hardly ever do I get down in any game because I know how quickly things can turn around. BUT 9 SECONDS?????????? I about had a stroke. The thought of going down 3 games to 0 started ticking in my head as each second was ticking off the clock about mid-way through the 3rd. Awesome win, WE"RE RIGHT BACK IN IT BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DManPreds11: 04-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.
DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
braindead

Just back from the game and it's a good thing this isn't a voice-activated keyboard. I'll say this: I think the DRW's are likely to win this series on the strength of fat Ellis rebounds alone, as much as I hate to say it, as they have the speed and structure to exploit his weakness.

Now that that is out of the way, the entire series, the entire season, the entire offseason of torture.... the entire history of watching the Preds day in and day out since inception, it was all worth it just to be at this game tonight and be a part of it.

And the crowd was a part of it. I have no idea if it showed on TV but I would argue that this crowd was closer to willing a victory than any crowd at any sporting event that I've ever attended.

Another TV timeout with spontaneous, sustained deafening cheering (that prevented the performance of the Zoopers- a plus) put life back in them in the second. The recovery from the devestating third goal started near the 10 minute mark of the 3rd and just kept building. The eruption for those two goals in the 3rd was sustained through the entire end of the game, including stoppages, timeout, etc...

It may not have been the loudest in the building's history but it was close. There were some erie silences when the DRW's shut the crowd down.

In the end though, it was everything you could hope for in any hockey market in North America.

It was worth the price of season tickets. I hope the guys aren't satisfied with this one win but it's a hell of a consolation prize for at least one long-suffering fan if we don't pull out the series.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
irisheyes555

This game was a microcosime of this season, keep hanging on long enough to get it done.

and i don't expect to win many games when we have to play 9-5 every night. the whole WWE flying elbow no-call followed by the touch-slash is just comical at this point. i am the last guy to be a homer about the refs, but this is the POs and i expect more the than helen keller skewl for the blind on ice when it comes to calls. of course we have always been playing against the refs in every PO series.

time to roll the rock back up the hill i guess.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
This game was a microcosime of this season, keep hanging on long enough to get it done.

and i don't expect to win many games when we have to play 9-5 every night. the whole WWE flying elbow no-call followed by the touch-slash is just comical at this point. i am the last guy to be a homer about the refs, but this is the POs and i expect more the than helen keller skewl for the blind on ice when it comes to calls. of course we have always been playing against the refs in every PO series.

time to roll the rock back up the hill i guess.
The non-call on Kronwall followed by the touch-slash on Radulov was highly comical (in an exasperated way). That said, we caught a break with Zidlicky's hit a few minutes later.....

We won, so who cares! Someone in Nashville please give me a heads up when game 6 tickets go on sale!

Old
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
braindead

I saw the hit live from directly across the rink and honestly thought it looked ok. Was the replay bad? Those are the hits Tootoo throws and lots are legal, some are not. Let the legal ones go, call the illegal ones... both ways. Destroying a guy doesn't make it illegal.

I think some (3?) of what turned out to be really huge calls have been screwed up (or maybe just the explanation was botched) but I'd say on the whole they have called a much, much, much better series than last year with San Jose.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The non-call on Kronwall followed by the touch-slash on Radulov was highly comical (in an exasperated way). That said, we caught a break with Zidlicky's hit a few minutes later.....

We won, so who cares! Someone in Nashville please give me a heads up when game 6 tickets go on sale!
they announced that tixs for G6 were on sale as we were egressing tonight.

oh and BTW 7-0 this year in games i have attended. anyone want to buy me one for game 6????? here is to hoping the streak continues wednesday.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I saw the hit live from directly across the rink and honestly thought it looked ok. Was the replay bad? Those are the hits Tootoo throws and lots are legal, some are not. Let the legal ones go, call the illegal ones... both ways. Destroying a guy doesn't make it illegal.

I think some (3?) of what turned out to be really huge calls have been screwed up (or maybe just the explanation was botched) but I'd say on the whole they have called a much, much, much better series than last year with San Jose.
The hit was a charge (he left his feet), but it looked worse than it was because Bonk was at a stop and falling backwards.

Old
04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'll say this: I think the DRW's are likely to win this series on the strength of fat Ellis rebounds alone, as much as I hate to say it, as they have the speed and structure to exploit his weakness.
Agreed.. they were trying it tonight with two guys crashing the net with shots across the goal hoping to get a juicy one off of his pads. I think they'll try it more so in the next game. What I hate is how easy we are letting them in over the blue line. Obviously Detroit doesn't want to dump the puck in because of the stick handling of Ellis. We have to find a way to force them to dump it in.

Quote:
Now that that is out of the way, the entire series, the entire season, the entire offseason of torture.... the entire history of watching the Preds day in and day out since inception, it was all worth it just to be at this game tonight and be a part of it.

And the crowd was a part of it. I have no idea if it showed on TV but I would argue that this crowd was closer to willing a victory than any crowd at any sporting event that I've ever attended.

Another TV timeout with spontaneous, sustained deafening cheering (that prevented the performance of the Zoopers- a plus) put life back in them in the second. The recovery from the devestating third goal started near the 10 minute mark of the 3rd and just kept building. The eruption for those two goals in the 3rd was sustained through the entire end of the game, including stoppages, timeout, etc...

It may not have been the loudest in the building's history but it was close. There were some erie silences when the DRW's shut the crowd down.

In the end though, it was everything you could hope for in any hockey market in North America.

It was worth the price of season tickets. I hope the guys aren't satisfied with this one win but it's a hell of a consolation prize for at least one long-suffering fan if we don't pull out the series.
Agreed. They probably didn't show it on TV, but who cares. We know we did our part tonight; you could just see the energy going into the players.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:12 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Wow. No trolls imagine that. I wish someone would come here and help us interpret what happened in this game for us.

As for me...I just got done watching on the DVR and I don't even have the words for what I saw tonight. Other than maybe Trotz is growing up....but we'll see on the road, we have to win at least one there.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I wasn't paying attention during the game (too busy drinking/screaming/cursing/jumping) , but how did Trotz change the lines during the game?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:19 AM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Agreed.. they were trying it tonight with two guys crashing the net with shots across the goal hoping to get a juicy one off of his pads. I think they'll try it more so in the next game. What I hate is how easy we are letting them in over the blue line. Obviously Detroit doesn't want to dump the puck in because of the stick handling of Ellis. We have to find a way to force them to dump it in.

Agreed. They probably didn't show it on TV, but who cares. We know we did our part tonight; you could just see the energy going into the players.
they actually did mention it, to my surprise. After the 2 second period goals, they talked about how loud the place was, how no you could barely hear the wistle, and how everybody was standing. Then after they tied it/ and took the lead within 9 seconds they kept taking about the noise level in there. Great to see, sounded like a great tiem to be there

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I wasn't paying attention during the game (too busy drinking/screaming/cursing/jumping) , but how did Trotz change the lines during the game?
Hordichuk and Peverley were pinned to the bench and Smithson only got the occasional shift. Legwand stepped up and we kept rolling the lines. They changed several times throughout due to simply the shift lengths and seeing who was ready to go on the bench. On Arnott's goal for example Radulov was out there with Dumont and Arnott, but Hlavac and Erat also appeared on that line. Legwand appeared with all sorts of combinations of Erat, Hlavac, Radulov, Tootoo, and Fiddler. And we pretty much kept intact our checking line of Fiddler with Tootoo and Smithson.

Seriously, I'll have to look at a shift chart, but I think we honestly might have shortened our bench down to about 8 skaters for most of the last half of the third period.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

It seemed to me to be:

Hlavac - Legwand - Dumont
Erat - Arnott - Radulov

This of course was after Trotz shook up the lines in the second period.

Old
04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Fiddler not getting the puck out when he got the chance to on the PK could have sealed our fate IF the boys didn't respond the way they did the rest of the game

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote