HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to the Fans at the Game tonight!!

Old
04-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
I almost coughed up my coffee this morning, my younger brother, who was at the game, appears twice in LaPresse's sports section (p. 2 and 5) and once more on Cyberpresse.ca. On the first one he is in a friendly brawl with a bruins fan, on the second one he's alone yelling at a bunch of Bostonians and on the third one (link) he gives the "aaah shut up" look at a guy yelling to his face.

Way to go, bro

It's kinda sad though, me and my brother went to see the Habs in Boston on both ends of the 13-game winning streak

You are not allowed to go to Boston ever again.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:00 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Phew. And I thought it was me. It was definitely him.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The last two times I saw Habs playoff hockey were both times we got eliminated by Carolina...

It's a good thing we can't loose the series on thursday, because if we were in that position, I swear I would've given my ticket to somebody else...really I'm not joking.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:53 PM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Next time I hear those U-S-A, U-S-A chants, I'll put my foot on the hose that runs from Canada to the US, (you know, we're their #1 source of oil), and sing CA-NA-DA for a while, just to see what happens.
Jackie, you can be smarter than that.

Take your foot off the hose and charge more $$, that way you will obtain a bigger profit. That is the way the oil companies do it and they are making big profits and no one can touch them.

:

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The last two times I saw Habs playoff hockey were both times we got eliminated by Carolina...

It's a good thing we can't loose the series on thursday, because if we were in that position, I swear I would've given my ticket to somebody else...really I'm not joking.
Jesus some people should never be allowed to see Habs games.

Old
04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Jesus some people should never be allowed to see Habs games.
Everyone should agree with him and try to stop me from going to thursday's game! But being the die hard fan that I am, cuts and bruises won't do the trick.... SHOW ME THE MONEY!

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
I almost coughed up my coffee this morning, my younger brother, who was at the game, appears twice in LaPresse's sports section (p. 2 and 5) and once more on Cyberpresse.ca. On the first one he is in a friendly brawl with a bruins fan, on the second one he's alone yelling at a bunch of Bostonians and on the third one (link) he gives the "aaah shut up" look at a guy yelling to his face.

Way to go, bro

It's kinda sad though, me and my brother went to see the Habs in Boston on both ends of the 13-game winning streak

Haha oh ****! He goes to my school, me and him worked together in an english class in Cegep. Small world.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Bouchard

Was nice to hear the OLE chants, and hearing Chara being boo'ed in his own arena

Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:34 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouchard View Post
Was nice to hear the OLE chants, and hearing Chara being boo'ed in his own arena
i couldn't agree more! i hope it'll the same tomorrow, only twice as intense because we'll score more goals

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

vCash: 720
To kick off the CBC broadcast yesterday, they had an outdoor shot of a large group of fans dressed in red, and I thought, "Wow, fans are gathering outside the Bell Centre for a road game... incredible!" And then they announced that we were indeed looking at the market in Boston... I was stunned. I never expected THAT many Habs fans to show up!

It was great... during the game, you could clearly hear OLE OLE OLE OLE but the "u-s-a" just came over the TV sounding like booing. Seriously, I thought Bruins fans were booing the chant, cuz that's what it sounded like. It looked really funny, cuz the Bruins would be skating up the ice with the puck as their fans were "boo"ing haha.

I noticed the board ads too... Didn't know if Jeld-Wen was the Canadian or American version of the company, cuz the "windows and doors/portes et fenetres" part was too small to read. But, to add to the list earlier in the thread, there was a Pizza Pizza ad as well! Just incredible.

Guess the Yankees-Red Sox game was too big to pass up.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
To kick off the CBC broadcast yesterday, they had an outdoor shot of a large group of fans dressed in red, and I thought, "Wow, fans are gathering outside the Bell Centre for a road game... incredible!" And then they announced that we were indeed looking at the market in Boston... I was stunned. I never expected THAT many Habs fans to show up!

It was great... during the game, you could clearly hear OLE OLE OLE OLE but the "u-s-a" just came over the TV sounding like booing. Seriously, I thought Bruins fans were booing the chant, cuz that's what it sounded like. It looked really funny, cuz the Bruins would be skating up the ice with the puck as their fans were "boo"ing haha.

I noticed the board ads too... Didn't know if Jeld-Wen was the Canadian or American version of the company, cuz the "windows and doors/portes et fenetres" part was too small to read. But, to add to the list earlier in the thread, there was a Pizza Pizza ad as well! Just incredible.

Guess the Yankees-Red Sox game was too big to pass up.
That was part of the fun. In our section we were trying to ole ole during the Bruins PPs, so they would boo the chant and then it'd be like they were booing the Bruins PP.

Heh.

Old
04-15-2008, 01:46 AM
LV Hab

Just got back from the game and man was it ever an experience! We got the arena at about 5 and were greeted by about 200 Montreal fans cheering and chanting. On the other side of the crowd I could see a few Boston fans hanging in there and chanting back, crossed the street to find out there were about 10 of them to our 200...good for them for being there.
Next we went to a bar, forget the name, I was the first to walk in not, really knowing what to expect and we got a huge ovation! Just brilliant! Felt right at home! Met an American father and son, who were hardcore Habs fans, we had a few beers and they told us a few stories about the rivalry and what it's like to be a Hab fan in Boston. His one piece of advice for us was to keep our hands out of our pockets and have our heads on a swivel. Good advice...
The atmosphere in the building was great no love loss between these two sets of fans. Our section was pretty civil, mainly focusing on the game and directing our voices at the players, but if we had sat 10 rows up it definitely would have been a lot more tense. Met a lot of good people there, but there were a lot of people pissed that we showed up to their building in such big numbers...and I don't blame them.
The end of the game was always going to be the craziest, we left a couple minutes after the goal, shook a few hands gave some props, but reminded them there was plenty more series to come and that Mtl would be back and better than tonight. Unfortunately I got split up from my friends going down the stairwell, when I met up with them after a couple of minutes I saw my buddy coming down the stairs with a pretty decent cut over the eye. Some B's fan sucker punched him. All he said to the guy was "2-1, the series is still 2-1" Then got cracked. Very unlucky to run into the wrong retard. Every set of fans has some bad apples so I'm not going to stereotype all Bruins fans. Clearly you have to expect when your traveling in the playoffs some dudes are there to scrap, it's weak that it was a sucker punch and that a comment like that is enough to jump a rival fan. I'd love to see guys with mentalities like that come to Montreal and watch a game in the Bell center.
The end of the night obviously ruined what was a great experience, just wanted to give props to all the road fans!
Habs in 5!

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote