HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

key to an easy game 4 victory.

Old
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
we had a lot of power play success over the regular season it has not made it's way through to the post season just yet, however once that element of our game returns... lights out.

they're looking to get too pretty, pass after pass nothing if lucky 1 shot per pp is what were averaging. i say make them pay shoot the damn puck from the point hit one of them if you have to, they're not afraid to get out of the way right now so hit them hard take them out, it's soo easy they do this 2-3 times and all of a sudden they'll think twice and be doubtfull of taking the shooting lane.

i believe the point shot is our key to game 4, rebounds and screens, then once they see we're actually shooting from the point we can now decieve them with the nice passes to the slot, becuase right now boston can see that pass coming lets make them second guess our moves.

anyways go habs go.

edit: shoot the puck in lucic's direction it's bound to hit his ugly nose! that my freind is a "honkin' schnoz"

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 03:47 PM.
#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I agree, our PP when through cold streaks this year (2 or 3 games) but came back with like 5-6 amazing games. If our PP gets hot, Habs will not only beat the Bruins in 5 but can go all the way. The key is to look at videos of how it worked...fast passing and fast shooting. Now all they do is look for the perfect play by standing still when at first the great passing led to a perfect play.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Puckhead58*

We're taking too many big long slapshots and they are all getting blocked or re-directed into the corner. We need to make quicker, smarter passes into the slot and have our shooters ready to shoot and we need to shoot a lot quicker too.

We also have to start hitting the net. We've had too many chances in front of the net and not even got a shot on goal....that has to change....the more shots on goal we get, the more goals we'll have because Thomas isn't good enough to stop them all....we just have to get the shots past their defence and we'll be ok.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:10 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

we need to start hitting the net with shots, weather its on the PP or at even strength. Thomas was very skaky lastnight

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:15 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
we need to start hitting the net with shots, weather its on the PP or at even strength. Thomas was very skaky lastnight
Early on he was but he settled down as the game went on.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Boston is doing a good job cutting off the 1 timer attempt from Markov to Kovalev. Montreal has to solve Boston's neutral zone clog. Boston is using the same strategy as Calgary IMO

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Chomsky

I'd consider putting Lats on the first PP unit to screen, and reuniting both brothers on the 2nd wave at this point, we need to simplify our plays.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Streit has been the weak link on the power play these playoffs. I'd like to see a Markov, Kovy blue-line (with Markov quarterbacking at the point) with the Kost brothers and Plekanec.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
LastRide

If the Habs come ready to play they will win like game 1. The habs are the better team. If they come out flat like game 2 & 3 then who knows whats going to happen. They managed to win game 2 not playing well at all. Game 3 they were flat again and lost.We need a team effort like game 1 and not just 1-2 players showing up.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
#44_delivers

I agree with having lats as the screen, we need someone to take the punishment so we got more room between the slot and the blueline.
All there doing is clogging the lanes so we got to have someone close to the net take there attention.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
MTL-rules

With Koivu out, there's no doubt Lats should be on the PP... and I agree with the Kost brothers... How about Higgins with them and Lats in front with Pleks and Kovy?

Anyway, Carbonneau has to find a way to get his team skating again...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
lasainteflanelle*

there is no "easy" way to win game 4

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
we had a lot of power play success over the regular season it has not made it's way through to the post season just yet, however once that element of our game returns... lights out.

they're looking to get too pretty, pass after pass nothing if lucky 1 shot per pp is what were averaging. i say make them pay shoot the damn puck from the point hit one of them if you have to, they're not afraid to get out of the way right now so hit them hard take them out, it's soo easy they do this 2-3 times and all of a sudden they'll think twice and be doubtfull of taking the shooting lane.

i believe the point shot is our key to game 4, rebounds and screens, then once they see we're actually shooting from the point we can now decieve them with the nice passes to the slot, becuase right now boston can see that pass coming lets make them second guess our moves.

anyways go habs go.

edit: shoot the puck in lucic's direction it's bound to hit his ugly nose! that my freind is a "honkin' schnoz"
In theory i believe you are right.

BUT (there's always a but) according to Scott Bowman, Habs are the only team in the NHL that does not sit at least 1 guy in front of the net on the PP -- they prefer player and puck movement -- which so far in this series has not worked well for them.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
j52

Playing Ryder on the PP has not helped things! Halak would be more useful!

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
le_sean

Just play as hard as Boston. If all lines gave 110%, like they should, the Habs would win no problem.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
kernkraft

Score early and often. We have to make Boston open up their play and we'll hit them where it hurts the most, right in the back of the net.

I say we win 5-0.

PP is very important of course.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Just play as hard as Boston. If all lines gave 110%, like they should, the Habs would win no problem.
Agreed, we have a better team on every aspect, offense, defense, goalie. If we out worked the Bruins, we should win.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Hermamoud

Streit should consider doing other plays than his end to end rushes. It seems that every time he does his rush to the blue line and dump, the bruins always clear it.

His one-timers are getting less effective too, even in the 5-on-3s we had.

Hermamoud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Streit should consider doing other plays than his end to end rushes. It seems that every time he does his rush to the blue line and dump, the bruins always clear it.

Bad play on the Lucic goal in front of the net too. Brisebois is getting outmuscled in the corners. O'Byrne needs to take his place and Bouillon needs to come back. Replace Gui up front with Streit.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post

He hasn't been doing one timers as I've noticed. He receives the puck and usually keeps it a bit, fakes either a shot and passes, or shoots after everyone has moved adequately(but he's done this many times during the regular season.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:00 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Just play like Game 1.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
he was? He gave up one goal and made about 4 brilliant saves in OT. Looked like the number 1 star to me.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
If the Habs come ready to play they will win like game 1. The habs are the better team. If they come out flat like game 2 & 3 then who knows whats going to happen. They managed to win game 2 not playing well at all. Game 3 they were flat again and lost.We need a team effort like game 1 and not just 1-2 players showing up.
we were good after the 1st period of game 3. I think we will be fine for game 4. Thomas can't play like that every night.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post

anyways go habs go.

meh, the PP at this point in time is simply "get the puck to Kovalev on the half boards and see what he does with it". They've got to get more creative. Point shots can be a waste of time with a hard working Boston team that's willing to block them.

Once again Plekanec has to improve, and the second PP unit has to step up. Good news on the Koivu front would help that area tremendously.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
NCHarleyHardtail

Send a message via AIM to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via MSN to NCHarleyHardtail Send a message via Yahoo to NCHarleyHardtail
iF THE BRUINS DO LOSE THE SERIES WHICH NEVER SURPRISES ME. i HOPE THE HABS CAN GO ALL THE WAY.they have peaked at a great time. they truley show what team play is in all games. Price is just plain outstanding. As life long Bruins fan I still am all in favor of Montreal taking care of business if the Bruins go by the wayside.

NCHarleyHardtail is offline   Reply With Quote