HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2nd for Huet a steal... FOR US!!!

Old
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
wow 5 threads already on Price... !!!!
better than 5 threads on that ogre Lucic

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:47 PM
windycity

I thought it was a pretty good deal at the time. Like it even better now

As for Lucic, I have this feeling he's going to do something really stupid the next game and cost the Ruins

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Plekanec was a 3rd rounder
Ribeiro was a 2nd
Theodore was a 2nd
S. Kostitsyn was a 6th
Patrice Bergeron was a 2nd as well
Lucic was a 2nd too no?
second rounds picks are really good, i dont know why some people think its "just a second" round. and the 2009 picks are really good.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
LyleOdelein

It is not a steal of a trade. However, it is an example of Gainey's GM style. Instead of making a bunch of deals or a multiplayer blockbuster, Gainey made a well thoughtout deal that has thus far proved to be a great use of asset management. The trade has given Price the opportunity to become a number one guy and Halak NHL time he deserves. Very sagacious managerial work by Gainey and a great example as to why he's an excellent GM.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Question: Is the 2nd for next year? Lets say Anaheim gets eliminated first round by Dallas, Selanne ect. say forget it next year, Anaheim drops in the standings...? Quality pick? Realistic or not? I dont know Anaheim enough to know, all I know is Giggy/Getz/Perry

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
People keep saying it's "only" a second rounder too, take a look at some of our second round picks:
- Latendresse
- Lapierre
- Carle
- Maxwell
- Subban

Timmins will probably turn that 2nd into another beauty.
These are all beauties? If the Habs didn't have Price, I'd hesitate to trade Huet for any of them this season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Plekanec was a 3rd rounder
Ribeiro was a 2nd
Theodore was a 2nd
S. Kostitsyn was a 6th
Patrice Bergeron was a 2nd as well
Lucic was a 2nd too no?
You're forgetting Urquhart.

Old
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_guy9 View Post
Nevermind, Balej was a 3rd...my error
Balej was a 2nd I think, but just our 3rd choice because we had 2 first rounders that year. EDIT: I too stand corrected.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:21 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
These are all beauties? If the Habs didn't have Price, I'd hesitate to trade Huet for any of them this season.
well, you have to wait a few more years before making that call

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Wow one round of the playoffs aren't over and the Huet bashing has begun again. How ironic would it be if the Bruins beat the Habs the next 3 games and won the series to repay Montreal. Good thing some fans here are so overconfident.
If the Bruins win three 2-1 games and the Flyers continue to beat the Caps by big scores, as they did in games 2 and 3, I'd still rather have the second rounder. Having Price isn't just for this season's playoffs, it's for the next 12-15 years.

Old
04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You're forgetting Urquhart.
I think he did that voluntarily..

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
baboinfou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Question: Is the 2nd for next year? Lets say Anaheim gets eliminated first round by Dallas, Selanne ect. say forget it next year, Anaheim drops in the standings...? Quality pick? Realistic or not? I dont know Anaheim enough to know, all I know is Giggy/Getz/Perry
Anaheim could be an average team next year.
No more Selanne and NIedermayer
Bertuzzi.... getting less of a factor
They still have a good core with Perry, Getzlaf, Gigučre and Pronger but for the rest, a lot of question marks...

baboinfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I thought we were not supposed to make threads about former Habs ?
Only when they struggled....

I hate those reactionary threads. So tonight it appears as a steal 'cause Huet gives 5 goals. In 2 days, not so much, 'cause he'll rebound in a 40-save performance. Then, next year, not all, 'cause he'll have a good season. But then, great steal, 'cause he'll suck in playoffs again....And then an incredible steal, 'cause the guy we picked is suppose to be all that.

4 years later......Timmins rare mistake, the guy don't develop as promised, Huet is retired.....and it's neither a good or bad trade after all....

Can we just wait a little? Are we that convinced that it's Huet departure that made the goalie that Price is or it's not the fact that Carbo OFFICIALLY gave him the #1 label no matter what?

So RIGHT NOW, looks great. And I love picks 'cause I'm a draft maniac. 2009 will be awesome or so they say. It will make up for the picks we don't have this year. But how about not using events like tonight before making a statement?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-15-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Artyukhin*

Here is an Idea.

With TT and crews ability to come up with diamond in the late round (Kosty Jr , Halak , Valentenko, Torp etc) trade the second round pick down and get 2 or 3 late round picks out of it .

NOT until i see how Huets (2nd rd pick) is used and who we pick with it or use it on in a trade , only then will i make a judgment

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 04-16-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_guy9 View Post
Wasn't Jozef Balej a 2nd?
He netted us a Kovalev. I want another one.

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Habitant#1

Huet played extremely well for the Caps down the stretch. He seems to have blown his cool in the playoffs though. He's giving a beatdown to everyone in his crease! In Montreal he'd give some players a piece of his mind once in a while, but Philly seems to have gotten under his skin.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
snap-bar

they talked about this on tsn tonight... its on the broadband now. Price Vs Huet

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Huet has the biggest GAA in all of the 16 teams. Not to mention we have an amunition for a trade next year when we will become much better then we currently are
Nice way to sum up a classy player's career, Hab fans are the most laughable homers in the league. Huet went 11-2, got the Caps into the playoffs all by himself.

He took a team with no business being near the playoffs to the promised land. He did his job in Montreal well, no controversy and was a class act.

Washington is not a good team, they are lacking in many areas. Huet is being hung out to dry.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Could we please refrain from using the word steal here at hfboards? It's just about to lose all meaning.

"Price was a 'steal' at 5th overall". ->no, you're supposed to draft franchise players in the top 10, stupid.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 06:44 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The Huet deal was the kick off Price needed to have confidence in himself, and looked what happens.. Price ends being the current best goalie in the playoffs at 20 years old and Huet has the biggest GAA in all of the 16 teams. Not to mention we have an amunition for a trade next year when we will become much better then we currently are
Huet could not win the big game for us. However, he may change. Just thank god it won't be with us.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Not to mention that Huet seems to be making sure that if we win this series, we won't face the Rangers in round 2.

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Wow one round of the playoffs aren't over and the Huet bashing has begun again. How ironic would it be if the Bruins beat the Habs the next 3 games and won the series to repay Montreal. Good thing some fans here are so overconfident.
Have you seen the goal Huet has given up? Have you watched him in pressure situations in the past?

Old
04-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Huey is Not! a playoff Goalie. I think Bob Gainey saw the vision.

Old
04-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Only when they struggled....

I hate those reactionary threads. So tonight it appears as a steal 'cause Huet gives 5 goals. In 2 days, not so much, 'cause he'll rebound in a 40-save performance. Then, next year, not all, 'cause he'll have a good season. But then, great steal, 'cause he'll suck in playoffs again....And then an incredible steal, 'cause the guy we picked is suppose to be all that.

4 years later......Timmins rare mistake, the guy don't develop as promised, Huet is retired.....and it's neither a good or bad trade after all....

Can we just wait a little? Are we that convinced that it's Huet departure that made the goalie that Price is or it's not the fact that Carbo OFFICIALLY gave him the #1 label no matter what?

So RIGHT NOW, looks great. And I love picks 'cause I'm a draft maniac. 2009 will be awesome or so they say. It will make up for the picks we don't have this year. But how about not using events like tonight before making a statement?
Look at it now, later, whatever. Huet is/was never a good pressure performer. THAT is the point. The return for him was irrelevant. Price had to be made number one regardless. These latest results just confirm it.

Old
04-16-2008, 07:10 AM
ThePriceisRight

Quote:
Huet sucks, Price is god, don't forget that!

ThePriceisRight is offline   Reply With Quote