HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PLAYOFF GDT: GM4 : Detroit@Nashville : 4-16-08 : 8:00pmCDT

Old
04-17-2008, 12:08 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Is there a better way to start the day than some nerve-wrecking playoff hockey?

Now off to the next game. C'mon now, a road win, it can be done!
Aye, lunch time now here, followed by I'll be very happy at work tonight.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:10 AM
5H4RK5

Your Dmen sure can score. Trade.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4RK5 View Post
Your Dmen sure can score. Trade.
Sure, Zanon for Clowe, right now.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:31 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Sure, Zanon for Clowe, right now.
Umm, I don't know about that. I'm not sure that that is a good enough return for one of our premiere d-men.

Wink,Wink,,,,just go along with it,,,,he may not notice.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You win, Clowe and a 4th for Zanon.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

ranking the crowds in the last three home games ...

St Louis game crowd (to get us into the playoffs)
Game 3
tonight

but damm they were all awesome crowds (in terms of energy & passion)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:59 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

Anyone go to tonight's game? Anyone been to both home games? comparisons between the two nights?

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:22 AM
vipera1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
Anyone go to tonight's game? Anyone been to both home games? comparisons between the two nights?
I was at both of them. As far as maximum intensity, Monday's game was better, but there were times in that game where the entire crowd was deathly silent (like after the Datsyuk goal). Today's game got pretty loud after the first two goals and a couple of times in the 3rd, but let's face it, it's really hard to scream at the top of your lungs for 60 minutes of hockey (plus TV timeouts ).

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:28 AM
braindead

Made it to both but in a box tonight so very different experience.

As to the crowd, I'd say more consistently loud tonight (getting the lead helps) but in terms of a crowd literally willing a team to win a game, I'm not sure you will ever match Monday night. And the sheer pandemonium after the 2 in 9 seconds Monday night overwhelms any crowd highlight from tonight.

As to the games, tonight felt much more like a trench warfare, Mike Tyson bite-your-ear off kind of fight. Monday was more of a Sugar Ray pick yourself up off the canvas and throw some speed bag punches to drop them kind of fight.

The Preds looked gassed part way through the 3rd but I thought they got a second wind around the 4 minute mark to close it out. I'm not sure if they can shorten the bench for the entire series and survive. I do think they can win one of two in Detroit.
I keep thinking the schedule of a game every other day favors DRW but I'm not sure why-- they feel like they have a deeper team although I think our D has more legs than them. I also worry about Ellis but he shows no signs of slowing down.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that was at both the Joe and the Sommet Center. I know the DRW have a great building but I'm hard pressed to believe the crowds in games 1 and 2 matched the crowds in games 3 and 4.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Pred303

great Caesar's ghost!.. what a frigging experience that was..

it's a different kind of nervousness when you're trying to protect a lead than what it is when you're trying to catch up to some team isn't it? i must have looked at the clock 500 times in the last 15 minutes of the game to see how much time was left. felt like time was standing still, defying all laws of physics.

add in the fact that Nichole Kidmann sat in the box about ten feet away form me playing kissy face with Keith Urban all night long.. most distracting, as if i didn't have enough to worry and think about already..

what an unforgettable night of hockey ladies and gentlemen. here we are with a legitimate chance now to win this series. all comes down to the best out of three, and you know down deep Detroit is mighty worried... they should be.

just imagine if we can somehow steal friday's game and come back here playing for a chance to win the series Sunday. the place will be a frigging madhouse if that happens..

this team has character. this team has something it's hard to put your finger on. you cann't help but love this bunch of relative no-names taking the wings down to the wire.

wouldn't miss it for the world

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:40 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
great Caesar's ghost!.. what a frigging experience that was..

it's a different kind of nervousness when you're trying to protect a lead than what it is when you're trying to catch up to some team isn't it? i must have looked at the clock 500 times in the last 15 minutes of the game to see how much time was left. felt like time was standing still, defying all laws of physics.

add in the fact that Nichole Kidmann sat in the box about ten feet away form me playing kissy face with Keith Urban all night long.. most distracting, as if i didn't have enough to worry and think about already..

what an unforgettable night of hockey ladies and gentlemen. here we are with a legitimate chance now to win this series. all comes down to the best out of three, and you know down deep Detroit is mighty worried... they should be.

just imagine if we can somehow steal friday's game and come back here playing for a chance to win the series Sunday. the place will be a frigging madhouse if that happens..

this team has character. this team has something it's hard to put your finger on. you cann't help but love this bunch of relative no-names taking the wings down to the wire.

wouldn't miss it for the world
Australians preds fans represent, though follow the mother ****ing game Keith

yeah I was going to post how I couldn't imagine the excitement of the game 3 turnaround being matched in this game but you are right holding a lead like that for 16 mins of the 3rd period just brings the butterflies to life!

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

I am very close to jumping off the Rangers' bandwagon and joining yours'. I'll have to look through your avtar thread and find one of Arnott though.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 04:54 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow that was awesome. All Dmen scoring!

Legwand was insane on one of the PKs. I don't remember which one it was but he got 2 clears and denied passes and was just a force out there all night.

deVries goal was huge! It was perfect timing.

Great pass by Rads for Hammers goal.

Arnott has played so much better in these last 2 games than he did in the two in Detroit. He has been hitting people, shooting, and just being hard to play against. It's night and day the difference, hopefully he will continue playing like these home games in Detroit on Friday.

I'm most excited that we get another home game!

Monday night was completely insane. Wednesday was more nervous excitement.

On Monday everyone screamed so loud and for so long that our voices were pretty much gone. We all sounded OK when we got to the game Wednesday. When everyone started yelling when the players came out for the first period everyone's voices went out almost right away. That's why I think it wasn't quite as loud. But near the end of the third period it got really loud again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead
The Preds looked gassed part way through the 3rd but I thought they got a second wind around the 4 minute mark to close it out.
It was the crowd. That's around when everyone got up and stayed up cheering them on. We gave them that extra effort and they responded by digging pucks out and diving to make the play for a clearing.

see everyone on SUNDAY!!!! Wooohooo, there will be another home game! Game 6!!!

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Osprey

From my experience, when the Red Wings get in situations like this, instead of roaring back and proving their eliteness, they often fold up. They have such fantastic regular seasons and come into the playoffs with so much confidence that, when faced with some adversity, especially by a team that they should be creaming, they go deer-in-the-headlights and don't snap out of it until they're eliminated.

So far, this series is exactly like 2001. The Red Wings won both home games and had the lead in the 3rd period of Game 3, but the Kings stormed back and won that game and the next three (four straight). It was after Game 4, when the series was 2-2, that it was clear that the Red Wings were too shocked at having blown a 2-0 series lead to a puny 7th seed to find a way to reverse the momentum. They played Game 5 and 6 with little passion (and a dead-silent, disbelieving crowd), each goal against like a nail in the coffin.

Here's hoping that the 2001 similarities continue. The Preds have an extraordinary chance here. Of course, they need to come out strong in Game 5, control the play and get the first goal. That'll be huge for their confidence, but, more importantly, it could start an avalanche of doubt for the Wings. I've seen it before. Friday's game should be a terrific one.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

JUST WIN BABY!

I'll be at game 6! I'm hoping for a series clinching win !

Osgood typically plays well against us.....It will be interesting to see if he is the starter for game 5.

2 goals in 22 seconds (I believe that is what I heard) in this game......

Last edited by Enoch: 04-17-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
RollingPredFan

First off let me say I HATE JIP games lol

Well I'm out of town and they blacked out the other broadcasts I had to see a game break to see that we had jumped out to a quick lead. I was about to have a conniption fit Thank goodness the Rangers scored and won in regulation. I have no clue why they couldn't show the cbc broadcast on center ice!

Anyways so I pretty much missed the best part of the game lol... but I did see the answer goal from DeVries, that was REALLY big for momentum. The rest of the game couldn't get over quick enough for me. It looked like we were protecting the lead to me. Ellis with a pretty strong game, he had to face alot of rubber.

Anyways I would think Detroit will start Osgood, he looked pretty sharp there. And someone do something about that Datsyuk, he's beginning to annoy me

Oh well I'm proud of this team. I'm even starting to think, hey we could actually do this... but we have to have a road win, something we haven't been able to do... yet.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:42 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 14200
Preds dominated the game until the third period, which is interesting because on SportsCenter Barry Melrose could only talk about how awesome Datsyuk is. What a biased mullethead.

My inlaws are now a perfect 4-0 in games attended, i hope they can come back Sunday!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Can we get our first playoff road win?

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it's hilarious to read the thread on the main board and see Wings fans comforting themselves with statements like, "yeah, well, we DOMINATED, but still lost...so...yeah"

It doesn't take a hillbilly to know that we started sending 1 man into the zone in the third period and were content to let the Wings play with the puck along the boards, and continually force them to reset. Now, I'm not advocating that style of play, but you'd think "higher intelligence" would recognize a defensive shell for what it is, rather than being fooled by a high shot count.

I liked that Kronwall threw yet another high, leaping hit. That's three thus far, with no retribution from our players or the refs...though I do thank him for the dumb penalty in the first that set up the Hamhuis goal.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
TheSlapper

Freaking Grats Preds!
I was watching and screaming when the preds scored.

Preds played a great game, they show so much heart and character, really fun to watch them!

so happy for the preds and pred fans, I really mean that!!!

TheSlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Can we get our first playoff road win?
Friday works for me...
And if so, Sunday at the Sommet will be an amazing atmposphere.

Just keep putting on the hits, with the wings double shifting Datsyuk and Zetterberg late in the games the boys just need to keep bringing the body.
Wear them down..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Does anyone think the Wing's coaches might have over played Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the third? They both looked totally spent. And, could this be a factor in the rest of this series?

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTooth View Post
Does anyone think the Wing's coaches might have over played Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the third? They both looked totally spent. And, could this be a factor in the rest of this series?
Geez, it looked seriously like they were out there every other shift in the third period. Over 22:30 for each of them last night. There were clearly some times late in the game that you could tell they were gassed, but to their credit...they kept coming over the boards.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 11:36 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 14200
As I was walking to my car last night I looked over at the slow traffic that was making its way up the street and I see none other than Kevin Klein in a really sweet black Mercedes convertible. he didnt look happy either.

I guess he is at least being paid well to sit and watch his team play.

I still wonder how he was half way up 7th avenue before I even reached my parking lot.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
As I was walking to my car last night I looked over at the slow traffic that was making its way up the street and I see none other than Kevin Klein in a really sweet black Mercedes convertible. he didnt look happy either.

I guess he is at least being paid well to sit and watch his team play.

I still wonder how he was half way up 7th avenue before I even reached my parking lot.
He probably got out of the arena as fast as you did, and he didn't have to walk as far to get to his car.

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote