HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Malmö Redhawks Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2008, 10:54 AM
  #1
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Malmö Redhawks Thread

Thought i'd start a new thread, as we're in All-Svenskan and don't quite fit on the Elitserien thread.

Contracted and staying:
Robin Weihager (Signed 16/4)
Robin Alvarez (Signed 16/4)
Daniel Casselståhl (2009)
Antti Bruun (2009)
Calle Steen (2009)
Tomas Wallgren (2009)
Marcus Paulsson (confirmed 29/4)
Frederik Eriksson (confirmed 29/4)
Martin Samuelsson (confirmed 29/4)
Johan Björk (confirmed 1/5)
Henrik Karlsson (staying 2/5)
Jan Öberg (staying 6/5)
Jani Hurme (2010)

Without contract:
Carl Söderberg (to go)
Kim Johansson (unsure)

Gone:
Lasse Pirjetä (Gone 16/4)
Andreas Byström (Gone 16/4)
Patrik Lundh (Gone 19/4)
Jyrki Välivaara (Gone 21/4)
Cole Jarrett (gone 21/4)
Emil Lundgren (gone 21/4)
Jens Svensson (gone 21/4)
Mikael Wahlberg (Gone 21/4)
Ville Niemenen (Gone 20/5)
Frank Banham

New:
Marcus Olsson (2/5)
Mathias Johansson (22/5)
Jesper Damgaard (29/5)
Don MacLean (3/6)
Nichlas Hardt (20/6)
Jonas Höglund


Last edited by calgarylen13: 07-27-2008 at 03:30 PM.
calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
  #2
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Just to see what our lineup may look like:
(if we are to believe reports)

Offence:
MacLean-M.Johansson-Söderberg
Eriksson-Steen-Paulsson
Hardt-Olsson-Höglund
Wallgren-Alvarez-Samuelsson

Defence:
Casselståhl - Björk
Weihager - Bruun
Öberg - Damgaard

Net:
Karlsson
Hurme

Looking through the lists, I hope that we can say goodbye to quite a few players.
Of the 'contracted but have Elitserien Clause' players, I hope they all bugger off other than Mikko Eloranta. He's worth keeping, but the rest gone would make us a better team.

The 'other' are more concerning, and I hope we can convince them all to stay. They're much more valuable to the team.

With regards to uncontracted players, there are some which need to be taken care of first and foremost:
Weihager
Alvarez
Banham
Karlsson (even if only as a backup/shared starter)
Desparately convince Calle Söderberg to stay!

After that, I wouldn't mind seeing back Jan Öberg. But losing him wouldn't be that bad either.

Jarrett, Byström and Pirjetä will not be missed.

I'll try keep this updated.


Last edited by calgarylen13: 07-27-2008 at 03:31 PM.
calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 03:14 AM
  #3
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
According to Sydsvenskan and Svenskafans:

Pirjeta and Byström are gonesky!

Good to see they are getting rid of the dead weight.

Apparently Färjestad want Paulsson and Eriksson. HANDS OFF!

Further reports its likely Banham will stay in Malmö, but they mention Johan Björk as not being sure??? Don't know when his status changed, but I hope he stays.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
  #4
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Great with the two Robins staying.

Jyrki Välivaara is most likely gone according to Sydsvenskan: http://sydsvenskan.se/sport/redhawks/article316403.ece

So I would put him and Björk under "Contracted and unsure" for now.

Bobo Simensen and Torgny Bendelin will stay according to Peo Larsson: http://www.svenskafans.com/hockeyzon....asp?id=231357

Gustav Nyquist is apparently still deciding between college hockey and Malmö, now that Malmö will play in HockeyAllsvenskan next season: http://mrmadhawk.blogg.se/2008/april...inte-best.html

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
  #5
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Great with the two Robins staying.

Jyrki Välivaara is most likely gone according to Sydsvenskan: http://sydsvenskan.se/sport/redhawks/article316403.ece

So I would put him and Björk under "Contracted and unsure" for now.

Bobo Simensen and Torgny Bendelin will stay according to Peo Larsson: http://www.svenskafans.com/hockeyzon....asp?id=231357

Gustav Nyquist is apparently still deciding between college hockey and Malmö, now that Malmö will play in HockeyAllsvenskan next season: http://mrmadhawk.blogg.se/2008/april...inte-best.html
Thanks a heap! My Swedish isn't fantastic (Level C at SFI), but its coming.

Do you know any other forums where there'd be more Redhawks interest?

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 05:06 AM
  #6
BlackAdderI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oulu, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Lasse Pirjetä

Hi! I'm interested to hear something about the last season of Lasse "Lazy" Pirjetä. How did he play? Did he have any bad injuries? What is the todays speed of Lazy? Any possibilities to play in the Elitserien or Finnish SM-league level anymore?

Lazy is native of Oulu and did play one season here in Kärpät in the beginning of 21'st century So... because he is without contract at the moment I'm just interested to know would there be any changes that he would play in Kärpät again...

BlackAdderI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
  #7
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdderI View Post
Hi! I'm interested to hear something about the last season of Lasse "Lazy" Pirjetä. How did he play? Did he have any bad injuries? What is the todays speed of Lazy? Any possibilities to play in the Elitserien or Finnish SM-league level anymore?

Lazy is native of Oulu and did play one season here in Kärpät in the beginning of 21'st century So... because he is without contract at the moment I'm just interested to know would there be any changes that he would play in Kärpät again...
I am not sure of where he will end up, but what I can tell you is the following:
- he was injured most of this season
- when he returned, he was quite effective against the weaker teams of All-svenskan
- in the big games, he didn't show up (other than taking poor penalties at key moments)
- Definitely had chemstry on the all finnish line (Bruun, Väliivaara, Niemenen, Eloranta and Pirjetä), but the one who benefitted most from this line was Eloranta.
- Needed Niemenen to come and lay hits for him, as he was rather soft.

He will not be returning to Malmö (the papers have made that quite clear), so he'll likely be sent off to the SM Liga. I just doubt any Elitserien team will want him, if he can't keep up in Kvalserien. Chance of him returning to Kärpät would be reasonable, if thats near where he is from , but don't take my word for it, its just a prediction.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
  #8
Calgary_Moe
Registered User
 
Calgary_Moe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarylen13 View Post
Thought i'd start a new thread, as we're in All-Svenskan and don't quite fit on the Elitserien thread.

Anyways today in Malmö Lund City newpaper, it discusses the off-season for Malmö players.

Contracted and staying:
Robin Weihager (Signed 16/4)
Robin Alvarez (Signed 16/4)
Daniel Casselståhl (2009)
Antti Bruun (2009)
Calle Steen (2009)

Contracted and unsure:
Elitserien Clause
Andreas Byström (Gone 16/4)
Jani Hurme (2010)
Mikko Eloranta (2009)
Ville Niemenen (2009)
Johan Björk (2009)
Jyrki Välivaara (2009)

Other
Marcus Paulsson (2010)
Frederik Eriksson (2010)
Mikael Wahlberg (2010)
Martin Samuelsson (2009)
Patrik Lundh (2009)
Tomas Wallgren (2009)

Without contract:
Jan Öberg (to go)
Carl Söderberg (to go)
Frank Banham (to stay)
Henrik Karlsson (unsure)
Cole Jarrett (gone)
Emil Lundgren (gone)
Jens Svensson (different reports, to go, to stay)
Kim Johansson (unsure)
Lasse Pirjetä (Gone 16/4)

Is it confirmed that Carl Soderberg is going? The article I read sort of implied he would like to stay in Sweden IF Malmo made the jump up to the Elitserien. With that not happening, are people expecting him to attend the Boston Bruins NHL camp or is there an recent update confirming this, that I missed?

Calgary_Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
  #9
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe View Post
Is it confirmed that Carl Soderberg is going? The article I read sort of implied he would like to stay in Sweden IF Malmo made the jump up to the Elitserien. With that not happening, are people expecting him to attend the Boston Bruins NHL camp or is there an recent update confirming this, that I missed?
The latest interview with him that I've read, he was sad and depressed about Malmö not getting promoted and that it will take a couple of weeks before he starts thinking about the future.

My own opinion about it, which I posted over at the Boston forum:
"Personally I doubt he will go to a SEL team. There are a lot of teams that want to sign him, but I think his Malmö heart is too big. Maybe I'm naive when I say that, since hockey is mostly about money etc nowadays, but that's the feeling I got about him.

I think it will be between another year in Malmö and the AHL/NHL with me leaning towards him going to the States. First off, it will probably be a much more interesting option for him now that Malmö didn't get promoted. Second off, Boston is probably not a fan of him playing another year in the 2nd-tier league and will put more pressure on him."

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 10:57 AM
  #10
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
The latest interview with him that I've read, he was sad and depressed about Malmö not getting promoted and that it will take a couple of weeks before he starts thinking about the future.

My own opinion about it, which I posted over at the Boston forum:
"Personally I doubt he will go to a SEL team. There are a lot of teams that want to sign him, but I think his Malmö heart is too big. Maybe I'm naive when I say that, since hockey is mostly about money etc nowadays, but that's the feeling I got about him.

I think it will be between another year in Malmö and the AHL/NHL with me leaning towards him going to the States. First off, it will probably be a much more interesting option for him now that Malmö didn't get promoted. Second off, Boston is probably not a fan of him playing another year in the 2nd-tier league and will put more pressure on him."
I agree with you. He's one of those guys, I think it would be wrong to see him in any other Swedish jersey. That said, I am pretty sure that Boston will be calling him over, and he'll make the jump. Perhaps he might go over, and if its a big failure for him, come back for the rest of next season, but I don't know how possible that is (with Swedish/NHL rules)

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 05:04 AM
  #11
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Peppe Lundh has left Malmö to Bofors.

A move which doesn't make much sense...leaving an All-svenskan contender to go to a mid-ranked Allsvenskan team.

Also word that Ville Niemenen wants to go back to Tappara in Finland.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:00 AM
  #12
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Confirmed today by the official site that a bunch of players are leaving: http://www.malmoredhawks.com/engines/page___3303.aspx

Emil Lundgren
Mikael Wahlberg
Andreas Byström
Patrik Lundh (to Bofors as said before)
Jyrki Välivaara (to JYP)
Jens Svensson
Cole Jarrett
Lasse Pirjetä

Hopefully there will be a longer interview with Wahlberg, because this is a pretty awful way to say goodbye to the captain who has been with the team for 8 seasons. Sad he never got to experience any big success with the team and for example had to go through 5 straight Kvalserier.

Really sad to see him go, but I respect his decision and hope he gets to win a championship somewhere (hopefully outside Sweden). Good luck, Sälen!

Also sad to see Välivaara go. He surprised me though last year when he decided to stay, so I'll accept it.

BTW our "Holmström", Tomas Wallgren that is, has decided to stay according to Johan's blogg.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
  #13
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Confirmed today by the official site that a bunch of players are leaving: http://www.malmoredhawks.com/engines/page___3303.aspx

Emil Lundgren
Mikael Wahlberg
Andreas Byström
Patrik Lundh (to Bofors as said before)
Jyrki Välivaara (to JYP)
Jens Svensson
Cole Jarrett
Lasse Pirjetä

Hopefully there will be a longer interview with Wahlberg, because this is a pretty awful way to say goodbye to the captain who has been with the team for 8 seasons. Sad he never got to experience any big success with the team and for example had to go through 5 straight Kvalserier.

Really sad to see him go, but I respect his decision and hope he gets to win a championship somewhere (hopefully outside Sweden). Good luck, Sälen!

Also sad to see Välivaara go. He surprised me though last year when he decided to stay, so I'll accept it.

BTW our "Holmström", Tomas Wallgren that is, has decided to stay according to Johan's blogg.
Just read this off the website now...mostly blah players, but Wahlberg will be sadly missed. I wish the guy the best of luck, he's all heart and really deserved to go out in a better way. Välivaara is a guy I also would've prefered to keep. The rest won't be missed.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 05:54 AM
  #14
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Latest Rumours:

Henrik Karlsson to Södertailje (would be a shame for us)
Ville Niemenen to HIFK (Helsinki)
Eriksson and Paulsson in negotiations with Larsson (to stay at Malmö)

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
  #15
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
I read about Michael Wahlberg today leaving the Redhawks. I think it seems weird and rather sad. He doesn't understand why, he was just told that he would not be continuing next season. He accepted it, and didn't ask why either.

It makes no sense that they'd just dump him, when in this article he makes it very clear his heart is in and with Malmö, he wants to stay and once he has retired from hockey he will be returning to and live in Malmö with his family. From what it said, it gave me the impression he'd've even taken a paycut to stay, and there's definitely space for a player of his calibre in the lineup.

So why don't they keep him?

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 08:00 AM
  #16
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Jens 'bonehead' Svensson has signed a contract with Kristianstad for 4 years...so we say 'Russia goodbye' to him!

Kvällsposten is reporting that Bobo and Torgny were told to find new jobs from the board.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned, with AIK and Bofors making moves to put together teams for next year, while we're still on our heels. We need to act soon, or we'll be in strife next year (after losing a bulk of the lineup).

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:29 PM
  #17
celticredhawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to celticredhawk Send a message via Yahoo to celticredhawk
Nice thread.

I thought I would add a third voice.

Shame indeed about Wahlberg, an important player in Malmös history for sure but I think he has achieved as much as he could for the club and should Malmö make it to the SEL next season I don't know if he would be as effective. So in my opinion a good move for the club and the player, hopefully he will end up somewhere and make loads of cash.


I am not so concerned about the other clubs loading up on players. Malmö have the size and the budget (at least in Allsvenskan terms) to be able to attract players that those clubs would not be able to even dream of, its just a case of picking the right ones.

Brett HArkins name in the news as a possible signing, I know that the word in Helsingborg, where he lives is stronger than in Malmö but I know for certain that he is fairly keen to stay in the south of Sweden, I just don't know if he is the kind of players that Malmö needs .

celticredhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
  #18
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
According to http://mrmadhawk.blogg.se, Malmö is close to re-sign Fredrik Eriksson (1+1 years), Marcus Paulsson (1+1 years) och Johan Björk (3 years). Would be nice.

While Malmö probably is looking for offensive defensemen that could quarterback the powerplay, I doubt the super slow Harkins would be the best solution.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
  #19
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Welcome to posting celticredhawk!

Good news about Eriksson and Paulsson, they're both valuable to the teams return. Also Johan Björk, whos a 'friend of a friend', i've heard he will be staying here too. (don't take my word for it though, I prefer to see something official)

Also read about a couple of others:
Andreas Johansson is in town. He's a guy i'd like to see in a Redhawks jersey, I remember back when he used to be with the Flames.

Pierre Alexandre Parenteau of Hartford. A high scoring Canadian centre. Would be a very good addition, especially along side Banham. But I cannot understand why he wouldn't stay in the AHL with a shot at NHL, just to come play for an All-Svenskan team. It just seems unlikely.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:09 AM
  #20
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticredhawk View Post
Nice thread.

I thought I would add a third voice.

Shame indeed about Wahlberg, an important player in Malmös history for sure but I think he has achieved as much as he could for the club and should Malmö make it to the SEL next season I don't know if he would be as effective. So in my opinion a good move for the club and the player, hopefully he will end up somewhere and make loads of cash.


I am not so concerned about the other clubs loading up on players. Malmö have the size and the budget (at least in Allsvenskan terms) to be able to attract players that those clubs would not be able to even dream of, its just a case of picking the right ones.

Brett HArkins name in the news as a possible signing, I know that the word in Helsingborg, where he lives is stronger than in Malmö but I know for certain that he is fairly keen to stay in the south of Sweden, I just don't know if he is the kind of players that Malmö needs .
My main concern with Bofors and AIK etc. loading up, is it was those 'plucky' teams which caused us problems last season. Add to that Björklöven and Växjo.

Too many of these teams, means a greater chance of slipping up. Though unless we remain sitting on our hands (which I doubt) I still think a place in Kvalserien will be Malmö's, Leksands and Mora's to miss.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
  #21
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Eriksson and Paulsson stay!

http://www.malmoredhawks.com/engines/page___3314.aspx

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
  #22
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
This is very good news Two much needed parts of the puzzle

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:25 AM
  #23
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Samuelsson is staying too

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
  #24
calgarylen13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Roskilde
Country: San Marino
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarylen13 View Post
Just to see what our lineup may look like:
(if we are to believe reports)

Offence:
XXX-XXX-(Banham)
Eriksson-Steen-Paulsson
XXX-XXX-XXX
Wallgren-Alvarez-Samuelsson



Defence:
Casselståhl - Björk
Weihager - Bruun
XXX-XXX

Net:
XXX
XXX
So we have a 2nd line, 4th line and two defensive lines.

Still no clarity for whats happening in Net.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
  #25
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Bruins fan here...any new word on Soderberg? I really think that he needs to make the leap to NA or play in the SEL. It seems that many believe that he will play for no team other than Malmo. If that's the case, than he should come over. I really can't see him developing his game much further in the Allvenskan.

If any new info comes to the surface it would be great if somebody from this board could give us a heads up on the B's board. Thanks


ps Anything new on Brunnstrom? According to Boston's GM, he's confident that the B's are on FB's "short list".

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.