HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge & Le Cabaret Part V, The Banana(AD) Strikes Back!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2008, 06:23 PM
  #51
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Yes but a director has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of the Corporation which outweighs his/her rights as a shareholder. In this instance it could be argued that by threatening to merge my alleged superfluous posts you are acting as an agent for and on behalf of Poutine and not in the best interest of the board (which is clearly to have this AymanD inspired thread die a quick death).
As a director I wish to call on the Business Judgment Rule to not have my decisions as to what is in the best interests of the board questioned by the court in this case. A thread honouring a good and loyal habs poster like AD with over 10,000 posts is in the best interests of the board in my opinion. AD is nearly as funny and important as McPhee, and his thread was in the best interests of the board. I am clearly still acting as a director, and my affiliation with the PHC in no way is clouding my behaviour. Despite the apparent conflict of interest, this has been well disclosed and was ratified by an uninterested party... Namely our other Mod, Darz.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  #52
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Psst, Beek.......I have some cheap D&O insurance I can get you if you're interested in having a good time and crossing the line.

Fido22 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
  #53
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
As a director I wish to call on the Business Judgment Rule to not have my decisions as to what is in the best interests of the board questioned. A thread honouring a good and loyal habs poster like AD with over 10,000 posts is in the best interests of the board in my opinion. I am clearly still acting as a director, and my affiliation with the PHC in no way is clouding my behaviour. Despite the apparent conflict of interest, this has been well disclosed and was ratified by an uninterested party... Namely our other Mod, Darz.
Darz? What kind of authority is that to cite? Making such a claim is ample grounds for appeal in and of itself.

Enjoy the game Beaker

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
  #54
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Yes but a director has a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of the Corporation which outweighs his/her rights as a shareholder. In this instance it could be argued that by threatening to merge my alleged superfluous posts you are acting as an agent for and on behalf of Poutine and not in the best interest of the board (which is clearly to have this AymanD inspired thread die a quick death).
Meh... The "interests of the corporation" is a shifting duty that depends on the circumstances. In addition, I highly doubt that an objective reasonable onlooker would say that Beaker acted against proper business judgment.

Edit: there ya go Beaker. I see you've argues the business judgment rule before me. I guess you aced that exam.

AD is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:30 PM
  #55
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Meh... The "interests of the corporation" is a shifting duty that depends on the circumstances. In addition, I highly doubt that an objective reasonable onlooker would say that Beaker acted against proper business judgment.
Beaker's admitted conflict of interest does not bode well for your case, he should recuse himself.

Edit: Did beaker just get promoted? He's gone all purple.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:33 PM
  #56
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Meh... The "interests of the corporation" is a shifting duty that depends on the circumstances. In addition, I highly doubt that an objective reasonable onlooker would say that Beaker acted against proper business judgment.

Edit: there ya go Beaker. I see you've argues the business judgment rule before me. I guess you aced that exam.
I hope so.... Finishing my outline at 5:00am and writing at 9:00am was a problem..... As was losing all my notes as my motherboard on the laptop failed and i had to get notes from elsewhere monday night. Oh well I think I did okay under the circumstances.

But thats enough Corporate Law for one day... time to go Drinking.

And then when I come back later all drunky... I can try out my new powers..... So Fido where do i get that D&O insurance??

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:33 PM
  #57
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Psst, Beek.......I have some cheap D&O insurance I can get you if you're interested in having a good time and crossing the line.
Im a rich man as a result of all that errors and omissions money I've collected from LPIC.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:33 PM
  #58
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Beaker's admitted conflict of interest does not bode well for your case, he should recuse himself.
No conflict of interest. The PHC is the Habs board. The Habs board is the PHC.

We are of the Habs board, by the Habs board, for the Habs board.


The sooner you accept that, the better.

AD is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
  #59
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Holy smokes. You've gone global!

AD is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:37 PM
  #60
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Holy smokes. You've gone global!
I figure if I continue to antagonize him he'll make admin before the end of the week.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
  #61
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Beaker's admitted conflict of interest does not bode well for your case, he should recuse himself.

Edit: Did beaker just get promoted? He's gone all purple.
Darz and the other mods ratified it; A disintrested majority of the board ratified the thread, and as such any such allegations based on the conflict of interest are defeated. S. 120 of the CBCA

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
  #62
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
... time to go Drinking.

And then when I come back later all drunky... I can try out my new powers..... So Fido where do i get that D&O insurance??
I'll PM you my list of posters to vanquish later.


Edit: This remark was at the time tongue in cheek, but after checking out the GDT and the post loss threads, not so much.


Last edited by habfan4: 04-17-2008 at 09:53 PM.
habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
  #63
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I'll PM you my list of posters to vanquish later.


Edit: This remark was at the time tongue in cheek, but after checking out the GDT and the post loss threads, not so much.
I'm here...

Considerably less drunk then I should be
Walked the girl from the bar home to her front door and only got a hug....

But most of all as upset as most hab fans with tonight's performance.

Yeah I'm a little angry..... Trolls be wary.... Lock and Load time.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
  #64
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Yeah I'm a little angry..... Trolls be wary.... Lock and Load time.
Wary trolls = oxymoron. FWIW.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
  #65
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Holy Moly Beak! I've never seen anything like that. Are you, like, God now?

This is even better than Habfan4 posting without a green light on. Way better.

As for the director's liability insurance, I know some prestigious non-accredited insurance brokers I can refer you too. Imagine: God like powers + liability insurance. What FUN!

Fido22 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
  #66
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Thank god I was not around last night I would have hated sifting through all the garbage as the bandwagoners jumped.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
  #67
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Thank god I was not around last night I would have hated sifting through all the garbage as the bandwagoners jumped.
All the usual suspects came out of the wood works last night. I can understand people being pessimistic or reactionary after a loss, but when it's the same guys with the same acts it really makes you wonder what motivates them to follow the Habs and/or to post here.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
  #68
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Holy Moly Beak! I've never seen anything like that. Are you, like, God now?

This is even better than Habfan4 posting without a green light on. Way better.

As for the director's liability insurance, I know some prestigious non-accredited insurance brokers I can refer you too. Imagine: God like powers + liability insurance. What FUN!
I smell a Revnge of the Beaker thread in the future.

you have all been warned......

Artie is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM
  #69
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
I smell a Revnge of the Beaker thread in the future.

you have all been warned......
Beaker doesn't have the requisite level of blood lust to produce a decent revenge thread.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
  #70
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm here...

Considerably less drunk then I should be
Walked the girl from the bar home to her front door and only got a hug....

But most of all as upset as most hab fans with tonight's performance.

Yeah I'm a little angry..... Trolls be wary.... Lock and Load time.
But was it a good hug?

 
Old
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
  #71
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Beaker doesn't have the requisite level of blood lust to produce a decent revenge thread.
He gets a fuzzy ewokesque "return thread" instead. No revenging or striking back, just returning. With cute spin-off product marketing potential.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
  #72
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
All the usual suspects came out of the wood works last night. I can understand people being pessimistic or reactionary after a loss, but when it's the same guys with the same acts it really makes you wonder what motivates them to follow the Habs and/or to post here.
I guess it takes all kinds.
They just make themselves look foolish and show how good many of the more even tempered posters are.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
  #73
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
blue power shnitzel stuck in a ninja orange percolator in a joyful orange fortress of doom

Iwishihadacup is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
  #74
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Beaker doesn't have the requisite level of blood lust to produce a decent revenge thread.
that's what gros bill is for....

Artie is offline  
Old
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
  #75
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He gets a fuzzy ewokesque "return thread" instead. No revenging or striking back, just returning. With cute spin-off product marketing potential.
I thought you'd go with the phantom menace angle? Beaker as an ewoke vs Beaker as Jar-Jar Binks? The needs a poll.

habfan4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.