HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev, the warrior. *PIC*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2008, 12:33 AM
  #1
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Kovalev, the warrior. *PIC*



Cool pic isnt it?

He should definetaly play without his helmet.

Yeah i know this is a pretty useless thread but its better than all the negative thread out there.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:36 AM
  #2
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,347
vCash: 500
I was at the game and when he scored, I turned to my dad and said we both said at the same time "He looks like Guy Lafleur"

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:38 AM
  #3
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 1976
ya, what a warrior

where was he the rest of the night/series?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:40 AM
  #4
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya, what a warrior

where was he the rest of the night/series?
Banking four points in 5 games, giving Montreal the win in Game 2 while carrying Chara on his back. But **** it, let's just trade him.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
  #5
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Just being our best offensive player, not that there was much competition, he had the 3rd star too

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
  #6
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Banking four points in 5 games, giving Montreal the win in Game 2 while carrying Chara on his back. But **** it, let's just trade him.
-in game 2 the game only went to OT because of him.
-he has been INVISIBLE on the ice, much like many of his teammates.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:43 AM
  #7
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya, what a warrior

where was he the rest of the night/series?
Well at least, he is the best player of his line and actually, the only guy that is working hard and talking hits. The other two are just skating around.

And one more thing, i HIGLHY doubt that Kovalev doesnt give his 100%, he is almost double team everytime he has the puck and say what you want about Chara but he is still 6"9 with a long stick that Kovy has to play against everytime hes on ice, that doesnt make thing easier.

One more thing, the Bruins defensive system doenst give much space for the Habs to play. They know they cant beat the habs playing open-ice hockey they use the famous boring "trap" system all game long and wait for turnovers. I rather give a little credit for the Bruins than blaming all our fowards.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:44 AM
  #8
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Don't understand how the team wasn't able to turn it into overdrive after that goal.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:46 AM
  #9
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,858
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Well at least, he is the best player of his line and actually, the only guy that is working hard and talking hits. The other two are just skating around.

And one more thing, i HIGLHY doubt that Kovalev doesnt give his 100%, he is almost double team everytime he has the puck and say what you want about Chara but he is still 6"9 with a long stick.

One more thing, the Bruins defensive system doenst give much space for the Habs to play. They know they cant beat the habs playing open-ice hockey they use the famous boring "trap" system all game long and wait for turnovers. I rather give a little credit for the Bruins than blaming all our fowards.
i give alot of credit to the Bruins, not a little.

but the fact that the bruins are playing well defensivly is not an excuse for our lack of offence. we owned the team all year. We are quite simply put, not skating. We are not using our speed and the few times that we do, we get chances.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
  #10
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
-in game 2 the game only went to OT because of him.
-he has been INVISIBLE on the ice, much like many of his teammates.
Invisible? Seems that way cuz he's always double teamed. Still he puts up respectable numbers and decent play. There's only so much a guy can do alone against a team that largely focuses on covering him. Can't really single him out by saying "What has he done" when 3/4 of the team fits description a lot more. I'd bet had he put up the same numbers now backed up by secondary scoring from his teammates, that would be the last thing you'd say.

Is he carrying the team? No, nor should he since that gets you no where in the playoffs. Is he pulling his weight? The guy leads this team in points. That's not even up for debate.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:58 AM
  #11
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Invisible? Seems that way cuz he's always double teamed. Still he puts up respectable numbers and decent play. There's only so much a guy can do alone against a team that largely focuses on covering him. Can't really single him out by saying "What has he done" when 3/4 of the team fits description a lot more. I'd bet had he put up the same numbers now backed up by secondary scoring from his teammates, that would be the last thing you'd say.

Is he carrying the team? No, nor should he since that gets you no where in the playoffs. Is he pulling his weight? The guy leads this team in points. That's not even up for debate.
He needs help from some secondary scoring right now....

Can the real Captain K please come forward?? We need you...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:15 AM
  #12
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
He needs help from some secondary scoring right now....

Can the real Captain K please come forward?? We need you...
Bad.

Not only does it give us another line, it opens up Kovy's.Waiting for game 7 would be cutting it pretty tight although I don't know how much a weakened captain can effectively boost his team. 100% Koivu would just fire these guys up, we might not have that luxury.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:17 AM
  #13
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Bad.

Not only does it give us another line, it opens up Kovy's.Waiting for game 7 would be cutting it pretty tight although I don't know how much a weakened captain can effectively boost his team. 100% Koivu would just fire these guys up, we might not have that luxury.
Its been three weeks as of today.... He's gotta be 75% at least..... 75% of Saku is better than what we have.... shoot him up with novacane and get him out there.... PLEASE.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:23 AM
  #14
Masao
Registered User
 
Masao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 10,136
vCash: 500
If Kovalev wants to be a Warrior, he needs to paint his face like this:


Masao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:58 AM
  #15
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post


Cool pic isnt it?

He should definetaly play without his helmet.

Yeah i know this is a pretty useless thread but its better than all the negative thread out there.
bandwagon full

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:02 AM
  #16
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,323
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao View Post
If Kovalev wants to be a Warrior, he needs to paint his face like this:

oh god! NO! NO!

BAD!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:28 AM
  #17
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya, what a warrior

where was he the rest of the night/series?
Go learn about hockey please.
Kovalev was the best player on the ice last night and made 3 key plays last game in Boston to save the game.

thankyou.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:53 AM
  #18
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
We are not using our speed and the few times that we do, we get chances.
Boston also has a lot to do with the inability to use speed, y'know.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
  #19
Guy Germaine
Registered User
 
Guy Germaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
-in game 2 the game only went to OT because of him.
-he has been INVISIBLE on the ice, much like many of his teammates.
I can't agree with that.
Kovalev's hitting, he's competing hard and making things happen on almost every shift. Nobody can fault Kovalev or accuse him of dissapearing.
The rest of our top six has vanished and that's the problem.

Higgins, Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn and Markov need to step the **** up. These are supposed to be impact guys and right now they're just passengers.

The checking lines are playing pretty good. I was actually really impressed with Lats (for moments) , Lapierre and Dandy yesterday.
Anyway, Koivu should be back very soon (possibly next game) and that'll be like a shot of adrenaline to the whole team.

I say we rebound and take game 6 in Boston.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
  #20
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
I was getting dizzy yesterday in section 424, seeing Plekanec and Kostitsyn cycle on the perimeter over and over again, without cutting inside and paying the price to get to Thomas.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
  #21
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
That's an awesome picture, and when I saw the goal I immediately thought, "Guy Lafleur."
Lets hope he brings it for 60 minutes on Saturday.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 10:27 AM
  #22
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Is it just me or does he look a bit like that actor from that Shakespeare movie (10 things I hate about you or something) in this picture?

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
  #23
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Go learn about hockey please.
Kovalev was the best player on the ice last night and made 3 key plays last game in Boston to save the game.

thankyou.
I hate to say this, but Kovalev has been far from a difference maker in this series.

Price, Smolinski, Kostopoulos, and Begin have had a far greater impact on this series so far than Kovalev. There have been far worse players than Kovalev, but I think most will agree he's the the same Kovalev from the regular season.

Koivu back would definitely help, but I hope last night was the wake up call that line needed. I'm pretty doubtful it'll wake up anyone though, because we've had wake up call after wake up call this entire series and never really responded.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 10:55 AM
  #24
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I hate to say this, but Kovalev has been far from a difference maker in this series.

Price, Smolinski, Kostopoulos, and Begin have had a far greater impact on this series so far than Kovalev.
Price yes, but Smolinski, Kostopoulos and Begin no. They have played very well for a #4 line but I just can't agree that they have had a greater impact than Kovalev.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 11:14 AM
  #25
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Boston also has a lot to do with the inability to use speed, y'know.
I disagree.
Its quite simple to use your speed, all you have to do is skate.
Boston has a lot to do with us not using our finesse. When you cut the finesse, you go to a dump&chase game and we rarely seem to win those battles. The Plek line is probably the worst at it too.

Not only are the Bruins playing the trap beautifully, but it seems they're getting the lucky bounces. Everytime we try a pass with a player rushing us, it touches a skate or something. During the season, those passes were getting through.

I think its weak to blame Kovalev alone(not that you were..just responding to the subject). Even though its not his best serie performance, averaging close a 1pt per game in the POs is still somewhat good.
The fact that Higgins-Ryder-Latendresse have 0pt..Streit and Markov 1pt..and even SKost-AKost-Plek with only 2pts..is scarier.
Those are the guys that have to give more.

I really want Koivu back, and Bouillon. But im not sure how much of an effect it'll have. Koivu is a monster in POs, but im sure Bruins will pound them right off the bat.
Nonetheless, we need the whole team behind Kovalev to give more if we want our Offensive back.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.