HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden renovations

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
There will actually be 3 less boxes, so that's not happening.
how is that possible if the enitire ring that was the 200's is going to be luxury boxes?

Old
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
how is that possible if the enitire ring that was the 200's is going to be luxury boxes?
There are 3 different types of boxes. See the arena details information image in the first post.

Old
04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

Boxes are going to be much bigger, (545 - 590 sq. ft. as opposed 366 sq. ft.), so that'll make up for the space.

They also said that seating capacity will remain the same (18,200).

Old
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
as long as they dont get rid of the 400s, it doesnt matter

Old
04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
DTD With a Knee

Any word on if the Farley Post Office is still going to be redeveloped into the new Penn Station? Last I heard the discussion was that the project would entail both the terminal and the new MSG... That's obviously not the case anymore.

Old
04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Looks like there will only be 3 seatings levels. The lower level, boxes, mid level, upper level. So the 400s will probably become "300s."

Old
04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
ThisYearsModel

When they collapse the old reds and yellows (100's and below)and make them into a single lower bowl, they will simply move the sections forward by eliminating the inside ailseway. They will put the new boxes where the indoor aisle between yellow and green (200's-300's), and the balcony (blues) will be one large section. I think there will be more blues, but watch out. In the new arenas around the league, it is rare to get a ticket in a lower bowl for less than $85. I would be shocked to see any lower bowl seats go for less than that unless they are behind the goal. Surely, from goal line to goal line people will have to pay up. Of course, this would be the case if there was a new building also. The amazing feat will be their doing this while inside the confines of the existing building. That means that the upper lever will be much closer to the ice (not as high up) as most of the new buildings. Upper lever in LA, Colorado, Dallas, etc. is in the stratosphere. The puck looks like a pea.

Old
04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I talked to the guy in the lobby of the Garden last night by the preview center, and asked him the new seating arrangements as I am a STH as well. Here is what he told me, or at least what I remember. Im a structural Engineer so this stuff interests me.

Club seats will remain the same, only 100's will be attached in the same "section", thus making it one 'large section'. These will be the 100's, if you are club holder, you may have something like 101 Row B, if you are a 100 holder you may have 101 Row R. Directly behind these sections is a walkway connected to the interior concourse, thus making the ice viewable while inside the actual interior (Similar to the new Citi Field design.) Behind these are the suites. Directly above, not behind, is the 200 section. The new 200's will be the old 200's and 300's again combined into one, so if you are a 200 STH you may have 201 Row C, 300 STH you could have 201 Row T. Above these is another row of suites, or skyboxes. These will be located where the 400's are now. The NEW blue seats will be raised to where the skyboxes are now. (Back to the original location before the old renovation.) These will be the 300's. Behind one of the nets, the blue seats will extend lower into where the skyboxes are, making a larger section. The bar will also be located here.

Thats all I have

04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
im sure someone has said it but i dont feel like looking - whats the timeline on this project?

Old
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
im sure someone has said it but i dont feel like looking - whats the timeline on this project?
Its going to be done in time for Game 6 on Sunday. They had to push the start time back from 1:00 to 6:00pm just to make sure they could complete it.

Haha, It is a 6:00 start though

Old
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
Construction will commence in the summer and subsequent summers until its completion for 2012 seasons

The bigger question is what will the place look like during the next 3 seasons?

Will we have total capacity or will certain sections be off limits? This is the plan i'd like to hear.

Old
04-17-2008, 02:31 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Construction will commence in the summer and subsequent summers until its completion for 2012 seasons

Will we have total capacity or will certain sections be off limits? This is the plan i'd like to hear.
Just please tell me the rumor of the Rangers moving to Izod Center and the Knicks and Liberty moving to Nassau Colisuem arent coming true

Old
04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Any standing room? How many seats will there be

Old
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
When they collapse the old reds and yellows (100's and below)and make them into a single lower bowl, they will simply move the sections forward by eliminating the inside ailseway. They will put the new boxes where the indoor aisle between yellow and green (200's-300's), and the balcony (blues) will be one large section. I think there will be more blues, but watch out. In the new arenas around the league, it is rare to get a ticket in a lower bowl for less than $85. I would be shocked to see any lower bowl seats go for less than that unless they are behind the goal. Surely, from goal line to goal line people will have to pay up. Of course, this would be the case if there was a new building also. The amazing feat will be their doing this while inside the confines of the existing building. That means that the upper lever will be much closer to the ice (not as high up) as most of the new buildings. Upper lever in LA, Colorado, Dallas, etc. is in the stratosphere. The puck looks like a pea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I talked to the guy in the lobby of the Garden last night by the preview center, and asked him the new seating arrangements as I am a STH as well. Here is what he told me, or at least what I remember. Im a structural Engineer so this stuff interests me.

Club seats will remain the same, only 100's will be attached in the same "section", thus making it one 'large section'. These will be the 100's, if you are club holder, you may have something like 101 Row B, if you are a 100 holder you may have 101 Row R. Directly behind these sections is a walkway connected to the interior concourse, thus making the ice viewable while inside the actual interior (Similar to the new Citi Field design.) Behind these are the suites. Directly above, not behind, is the 200 section. The new 200's will be the old 200's and 300's again combined into one, so if you are a 200 STH you may have 201 Row C, 300 STH you could have 201 Row T. Above these is another row of suites, or skyboxes. These will be located where the 400's are now. The NEW blue seats will be raised to where the skyboxes are now. (Back to the original location before the old renovation.) These will be the 300's. Behind one of the nets, the blue seats will extend lower into where the skyboxes are, making a larger section. The bar will also be located here.

Thats all I have
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure why they are making the clubs and 100's all the same section though. Seems like it would make it easier on people if they kept the double digit numbers down low, then put a railing (like they have now between the 100's and 200's) to separate them from the 100's. Not a big deal. For some reason I thought the 300's would be directly above the mid level suites though. From what you're saying it sounds like Sec. 200, Row A will be money.

Old
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
Its going to be done in time for Game 6 on Sunday. They had to push the start time back from 1:00 to 6:00pm just to make sure they could complete it.
Haha, It is a 6:00 start though
haha

Quote:

thanks and touche.

Old
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Ih8theislanders

If the 3rd photo is true, I don't like the format of hanging the banners. All others look great though! I especially like their walk to the ice. It'd be nice to have 360's and PS3's (or whatever system is out then) having NHL (whatever year it's finsished) games playing. I always see people using it at the NHL Store.

Old
04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1488634113
here's the video that was on MSGNY that I had talked about a while back

Old
04-17-2008, 09:12 PM
The Thomas J.*

aeh figures i'm gonna get screwed out of my 104 row 1 seating.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:02 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Do you see ticket prices coming down? The Garden ownership seems to think they should get an increase EVERY year.
by the time this is done my seats (300 level) will probably cost between 6-8k for the pair..

these renovations are allegedly going to cost 500 million.. so ya gotta figure we'll get banged out in some aspect on this one..

Old
04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
nickrOck

Quote:

yeah i'm waiting to hear sorry your section will not be avaliable until home game 17 due to construction..

Old
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
aeh figures i'm gonna get screwed out of my 104 row 1 seating.
it's too early to say for sure. unless they add more rows of club seats (entirely possible) you may actually end up closer to the ice since the walkway will be gone.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:49 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
They are also getting rid of the aqua marine color seats....and going back to the BLUE SEATS.......why did they ever get rid of the blue seats?

MSG changed the blue seats to teal during the '91 renovation because the head honchos at the team felt the fans in the blueseats were too rowdy.... thus the teal seats would calm them down. I'd say it has worked.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:50 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
it all looks nice and dandy...as long as they dont hike the ticket prices by another 20% just because of these changes!
40%, not 20%, silly goose.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:58 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:

Thats all I have
Do you happen to have an idea of how many blueseats there are now, and how many there will be after the renovation?
I've never been able to put a figure on the actual number of blueseats MSG has right now.

Old
04-18-2008, 03:58 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
it's too early to say for sure. unless they add more rows of club seats (entirely possible) you may actually end up closer to the ice since the walkway will be gone.
Eh i'm close enough I like my Asile seats & having the wall there to lean on & jump over, I don't like all the people that walk around during the game.

Closed Thread