HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev, the warrior. *PIC*

Old
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya, what a warrior

where was he the rest of the night/series?
LOL buzz off, Kovy gets all of the attention it should be pleks and kostitsyn time to shine. You probably want to question where has Plekanec and Kostitsyn been since the playoffs started not to mention Higgins 0 points..

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
ed ible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Don't understand how the team wasn't able to turn it into overdrive after that goal.
And that scares the bejesus out of me.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Dandes

I would prefer kovy with a mohawk

Dandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

we cant put all the blame on Kovy for not being able to score.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
bcrt2000

I didn't see anyone else scoring in Game 5, so to blame him is <insert favourite insult here>. Try putting the blame on the other guys who are expected to produce. Even if Price didn't start self-destructing after it was 1-1 (in which case the final score would have been 2-1 for the Bruins instead of 5-1), you still have to point the finger at the other players who didn't create offense.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
I didn't see anyone else scoring in Game 5, so to blame him is <insert favourite insult here>. Try putting the blame on the other guys who are expected to produce. Even if Price didn't start self-destructing after it was 1-1 (in which case the final score would have been 2-1 for the Bruins instead of 5-1), you still have to point the finger at the other players who didn't create offense.
exactly!!

and the goal he scored was ALL him, from winning the battle with Chara and then starting and finishing the play.
He wanted to finish the series last night so we could have an almost week long rest...too bad he did'nt get any help.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I disagree.
Its quite simple to use your speed, all you have to do is skate.
It sounds simple. But it's simply not going to work if you're going to run into a Boston jersey if you skate. You will go nowhere, but you will go there very fast, no doubt.

Boston's strategy is all about clogging the ice. That's what the trap is about. And you cannot break it with just speed. That is the point of the trap.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It sounds simple. But it's simply not going to work if you're going to run into a Boston jersey if you skate. You will go nowhere, but you will go there very fast, no doubt.

Boston's strategy is all about clogging the ice. That's what the trap is about. And you cannot break it with just speed. That is the point of the trap.
No the point of the trap is to limit the passes/stickhandling/room in the neutral zone. Not prevent speed.

Playing a dump&chase style would not mean losing speed. Dump it in...skate fast and outnumber the Bruins, chances are you'll come out with the puck.

I make it sound a lot easier than it is, but i haven't seen the Habs outnumber the Bruins around the boards once.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No the point of the trap is to limit the passes/stickhandling/room in the neutral zone. Not prevent speed.

Playing a dump&chase style would not mean losing speed. Dump it in...skate fast and outnumber the Bruins, chances are you'll come out with the puck.

I make it sound a lot easier than it is, but i haven't seen the Habs outnumber the Bruins around the boards once.
That's because the Habs are trapping too....

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

When that happened if really felt like a moment in time, another "demon blond" making incredible plays and scoring with his blond hair flowing in the wind. I know we lost that game but it felt like destiny.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
That's because the Habs are trapping too....
And that is why the Habs stopped attacking after the Kovy goal. They were more concerned of protecting their lead.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Koivu coming back would help even if the only thing he does is take faceoffs.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Incredible how some people blame Kovalev here. Best player yesterday, he hit a post and could have scored another goal. He is hit like nobody in this series, nobody is stepping up for him when it happens and he has played with a hurt ankle since game 50.

And even if some people are goig to bash me for saying this, it's incredible how Higgins gets a free ride around here. 0 points in 5 games! not 1. not 2. 0!!! NIET! NOTHING! I did not even see him getting a scoring chance. Did he hit at least one time since the beginning of the series.

And don't tell me he is playing so well defensively and all... If he was that much of a great leader he would lead by example.

Kovalev is the only reason why we are in the playoffs. If it's not about him, we fight with the Leafs for rank 12.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 05:18 PM
HabsPack

Without Kovy playing as he has this series would already be over, with a Boston victory. There's no second scoring line, Higgins is not cut out for being a second line center. If Koivu can't go on Saturday and Grabs is fully recovered from the flu he should be second line center.

Habs have scored 1 goal in each of the last 3 games, that is a very worrisome trend and you just know Boston will play real hard in game 6 knowing they're back in this series.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
MdGazou

Everytime Kovy is on the ice he looks like he's the only guy vs the whole Boston team and still creates chances. If only the other 2 players on his line would "remove" their cloaks this series would be over.

Even on the PP, we saw Markov being pissed that Akost and Pleks were being pylons out there not trying to create openings.

If Pleks keeps it up, I'd put CHip on the ice instead of him, he would be more valuable to us ATM. I still thinks he plays like a little girl out there...

MdGazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Without Kovy playing as he has this series would already be over, with a Boston victory. There's no second scoring line, Higgins is not cut out for being a second line center. If Koivu can't go on Saturday and Grabs is fully recovered from the flu he should be second line center.

Habs have scored 1 goal in each of the last 3 games, that is a very worrisome trend and you just know Boston will play real hard in game 6 knowing they're back in this series.
Higgins isn't cut out to be a center period. It's been obvious how uncomfortable he looks not playing LW.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Higgins isn't cut out to be a center period. It's been obvious how uncomfortable he looks not playing LW.
You dont learn to play center over 4-5Playoff Games.
If Koivu plays i expect Higgins to turn it up on the wing. Having your centerman and captain back should pump you up.
If it doesn't, Higgins will be the biggest disappointment of the POs.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Cool pic isnt it?

He should definetaly play without his helmet.

Yeah i know this is a pretty useless thread but its better than all the negative thread out there.
love it

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote