HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery Postgame Interview

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
otterulz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Maybe because he cheap shotted him after the Rangers scored. Why does everyone take everything Sean says so seriously?
Because not only does he piss off the opposing team, he pisses off their fans. That is the power and might of Sean Avery.

You wanna take what he said about Marty at face value, are you really surprised? He responded to John Giannone's queston about Marty not shaking his hand. He gave his honest opinion. The fatso thing, was it necessary? Nah. But it's just childish and won't hurt anyone unless Marty has some really thin skin.

I love how Avery haters love to take every little thing he says and blow it way out of proportion. Ooooh, he called him fatso! Well Marty didn't shake Avery's hand after he extended it to him. Look at your own goalie before you start whining about class.

Old
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
And that SHOULD be all you care about tonight. That's what is so annoying about this moron. The rest of the Rangers were very respectful, mature, classy, and professional about a decent series that fortunately went their way. And I'm talking about guys with legitimate world-class skills like Jagr, Drury, Shanny etc.... Then up to the microphone comes this hack and he's a total sore winner and an embarrassment to an organization that SHOULD be basking in a proud moment.
And you know what the best part is?

He's having fun doing it, and pissing off the Debbies and their fans in the same breath.

What's better than that?

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
And that SHOULD be all you care about tonight. That's what is so annoying about this moron. The rest of the Rangers were very respectful, mature, classy, and professional about a decent series that fortunately went their way. And I'm talking about guys with legitimate world-class skills like Jagr, Drury, Shanny etc.... Then up to the microphone comes this hack and he's a total sore winner and an embarrassment to an organization that SHOULD be basking in a proud moment.
I'm sure that's one of the reasons they wanted to speak with Sean. They know he's one of the few guys who will make a few jokes and lighten things up. How much can you take of Gomez talking about how great competitors the Devils are? We get it. Sean adds some levity and humor. He's a breath of fresh air in a game filled with guys who are too afraid to offend anyone.

Old
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
But here's the thing. Why did Sean Avery even feel the need to bring up Clarkson in an interview? Obviously Clarkson is under his skin pretty bad. My best guess is that Avery is still pissed off from the absolute beat down he received from Clarkson this year, because there was really no need to even mention him in an interview.
I don't think this is the first time they've had some negative play together. I believe earlier in the season Avery wouldn't fight Clarkson, and Avery said something to the effect of not fighting him because Clarkson was a 4th liner, career minor leaguer at best (not sure if this is the beat down you keep referencing).

Quote:
Clarkson is also a 23 year old rookie still learning how to play the game in this league.
It's exactly that type of attitude that will get you eaten up alive at this time of the year. Take a look at any of the Rangers rookies, they've done well and don't need anyone to make excuses for them.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Old
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
I don't think he's an embarrassment to the organization. It's not like his feelings represent the entire team. Maybe they do represent some players' feelings, but it's unfair to lump the entire team in with the way Avery thinks.

Sorry to bring this up again, but that would be like saying Brodeur embarrassed the Devils organization by not shaking Avery's hand. Every other player had the class to do so.

Old
04-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i dont know what happened with the handshake. when i saw it, i noticed tehy didnt shake hands or just slapped or something, im not going to dissect the motions and different meanings of a handshakes but why should marty have shaken averys hand? avery showed marty absolutley no respect on and off the ice. i dont minds so much avery hitting marty every chance he gets but the things he said to him about marty and his personal life and past, i mean i wouldnt shake anybodys hand who disrespects me. would any of you? if someone brought up some bad thing about my past which is completley irelevant anything we were doing i would absolutley not shake that persons hand. its a respect thing, avery just doesnt get it.

Old
04-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Beakermania*

I've had to delete way too many posts in this thread.... Locked.

Closed Thread