HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help Z40 with new mission inline skates

Old
04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Help Z40 with new mission inline skates

Hey fellas!

Well, a few yearsa go i dropped 400 on new helium mission skates. Well i tore my acl that year and a few of my buddies wore my skates and ruined them so i had to sell them, however i kept the bearings since they were godly.

I need new ones, which ones are the hot ones right now outside heliums?

thanks!

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Hey fellas!

Well, a few yearsa go i dropped 400 on new helium mission skates. Well i tore my acl that year and a few of my buddies wore my skates and ruined them so i had to sell them, however i kept the bearings since they were godly.

I need new ones, which ones are the hot ones right now outside heliums?

thanks!
What kind of bearings are they? And can you find new skates with those bearings? That's what I would do. I would find out what type of bearings you like so much and them contact the manufacture and find out who they sell their bearings too, or at least find out who (skate manufacture) has those bearings.

If you know who makes the bearing, let us know and I will do some digging for you.

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 12:34 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
What kind of bearings are they? And can you find new skates with those bearings? That's what I would do. I would find out what type of bearings you like so much and them contact the manufacture and find out who they sell their bearings too, or at least find out who (skate manufacture) has those bearings.

If you know who makes the bearing, let us know and I will do some digging for you.

Head coach
thing is, they are some kind of prototype stock bearings mission tried on their first set of heliums and they are amazing. Im not looking for skates with great bearings, ill use those as back ups someday, what i want is a nice boot and light chassis...

Old
04-20-2008, 01:54 PM
190Octane

Do you like stiff skates? If so.... http://hockeymonkey.com/mission-inli...icked1-sr.html

These are the stiffest they come and they are a ***** to break in but they are light weight and sturdy.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
thing is, they are some kind of prototype stock bearings mission tried on their first set of heliums and they are amazing. Im not looking for skates with great bearings, ill use those as back ups someday, what i want is a nice boot and light chassis...
Well, go to my page here and check out some of the links that I have there for In-line. Maybe they might help.
http://www.passthepuck.net/id66.htm

On another note, I ran across a company that makes new in-line skates, that have the feel of ice. So they tell me. I will see if I can find the link and get back with you.

Head coach

Old
04-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Headcoach

Ok I found it. Sorry it took so long. I know I had it somewhere in all of this stuff. Check it out. You can contact them directly if you like, just let them know that I recommended you. They might give you a deal...you never now!
http://www.newronsport.com/

Enjoy
Head coach

Old
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
zetterberg40

thanks for the help fellas... i do need a stiff skate because if they are too flimsy ill just slop around...ever since i tore my acl my ankles havent been what thye used to.