HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Malkin/Evgenii Ovechkin?

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Dextrous*

vCash: 500
I think that they are closer than people think. Often 1st overall is a curse. Either one is good to us.

Old
05-15-2004, 07:33 AM
iagreewithidiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Kovalev
Ask anyone on this board, throw a poll up on the poll board if you want and I guarantee you that most people will feel that Malkin has better offensive potential. I would say probably even 70%.
Think about what youre asking me.

70% of the people on HF are totally clueless.

Quote:
I think you may need to do a little more research on both guys.
I dont understand why if I see players differently I have to do more research.

Quote:
Holik may be a bad comparison, but Olesz players more of well rounded game, where Malkin and Ovechkin mainly focus on offense.
Olesz is not as offensive as you think he is. Sure he is a very skilled player but honestly Olesz's offensive potential is not even close to AO's or Malkin's for that matter. Olesz is probably gonna be like a 60-70 pt guy at best. Malkin and Ovechkin should probably end up 80+ type guys.
Im going to hold off on my point predictions at least until I see these guys in camp.

Kinda like I said though. Olesz "is probably" while Malkin and Ovechkin "should probably".

Quote:
And by the way, Malkin and Ovechkin are definitely the two best players in the draft.
They, as of right now, have the most potential. Ill tell you if I think they are the beat players in the draft in 10 years or so.

Last edited by iagreewithidiots: 05-15-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old
05-15-2004, 08:18 AM
iagreewithidiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Lost it with that statement. As far as sheer prospects go, AO is the best to come out in a loooong time.
Lost what?

As far as prospects go I liked Kovalchuk more then then I like Ovechkin now.

Ovechkin is the best prospect since Lemieux, hes also the best prospect since Kovalchuk who was the best since Lemieux, and he was the best since Lecavalier who was the best since Lemieux, and he was the best since Thornton who was the best since Lemieux, and he was the best since Daigle who was the best since Lemieux, and he was the best since Lindros who was the best since Lemieux, and he was the best since Nolan who was the best since Lemieux.

Every tow or three years theres a best prospect thats come out in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Im actully getting sick of hearing it.

And lets not forget Crosby whos the best since Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Thornton, Daigle, Lindros, and Nolan but he is the best since Lemieux.

Quote:
Whether it translates into NHL success is irrelevant when discussing who the better prospect was.
I think we can agree that is pretty obvious.

Quote:
When Kovalchuk was a prospect and not an established star, his upside wasnt considered to be as great as Ovechkins as an all around player.
As an all around player Id agree. My problem with it is I dont see Ovechkin having the offensive potential of Kovalchuk. Give me a guy with offensive know how and Ill teach him defense.

Quote:
And then you combine Malkin with AO and STILL think Kovalchuk is a better prospect than the 2 of them together???
Well, ya got me with that one.
Yes. I think Kovalchuk was a far superior offensive prospect. His skills are very hard to come by. I just dont see Ovechkin or Malkin having that same amount of rare talent.

Quote:
As far as Olesz goes, everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But there is no way that I would draft him ahead of these two if I were a GM.
I wouldnt either.

You ake the better prospect or you trade down.

I cant argue that Malkin and Ovechkin are the top two prospects. I cant argue that their potential is higher. Im just looking past the hype at what I think the truth will be. I think all three will be great players. I just dont think Malkin and Ovechkin are super human.

Old
05-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Dextrous*

Ya with the nhl like it is the top players points are factored. So a guy like st louis gets 90 points and a guy who isnt that good could get 50 points.(morozov:/) So either way i think they will be close in the future.

Closed Thread