HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Seabass, question(s) for you

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Seabass, question(s) for you

What is your impression of Whitney so far?

Which WBS prospect has impressed you the most? The least? (Besides Beech)

Old
05-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Send a message via AIM to Seabass
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly>
What is your impression of Whitney so far?
He's as great of a skater as everyone's said. He needs to use his body more, but he pays the price to make the right play. I still think he can improve positionally, working angles and whatnot. You can tell he's still used to the NCAA-style of play; he has the tendency to hang his forwards out to dry with two-line passes.

Quote:
Which WBS prospect has impressed you the most? The least? (Besides Beech)
Endicott has really turned it up this playoff. He's showing moves I've never seen him try (confidently), planting himself in front, and not falling down the 5 times a game I've grown used to.

Armstrong has played really well too. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, once he puts on some pounds, he'll be a great 3rd liner. Think Kevin Dineen.

I think everyone here knows I'm not especially fond of Lupaschuk. He's got the #8 syndrome. He pulled it together at the end of the year, but has gone back in the crapper during the playoffs. He's trying to be a goon now, or something.

I still don't know why Tobler plays.

Old
05-14-2004, 05:46 PM
No Quarter

How is Brooks Orpik playing?
Is he destroying people down there?

Old
05-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass
He's as great of a skater as everyone's said. He needs to use his body more, but he pays the price to make the right play. I still think he can improve positionally, working angles and whatnot. You can tell he's still used to the NCAA-style of play; he has the tendency to hang his forwards out to dry with two-line passes.
I think as with Orpik, it will probably take him a couple years to bring it all together.

Does Whitney seem to pinch well?

How does he man the point? How is his shot/vision on the PP.

Quote:
Endicott has really turned it up this playoff. He's showing moves I've never seen him try (confidently), planting himself in front, and not falling down the 5 times a game I've grown used to.
Endicott's skating is still a problem I assume?

Quote:
I think everyone here knows I'm not especially fond of Lupaschuk. He's got the #8 syndrome. He pulled it together at the end of the year, but has gone back in the crapper during the playoffs. He's trying to be a goon now, or something.
Ya I know you don't like Lupy, he is one of my fav. prospects, so I am still holding out hope for him.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly>
Does Whitney seem to pinch well?

How does he man the point? How is his shot/vision on the PP.
Honestly, he's only pinched dow low twice, that I've seen, while they've had control of the offensive zone. He's very quick to get back in position. I really like the way he plays in the transition game. Surovy's goal was all made by Whitney using his body to shield the puck and sending a beauty of a backhanded saucer.

It seemed like someone pissed in his Gatorade. He was pretty physical.

Quote:
Endicott's skating is still a problem I assume?
Not nearly as much as it was. I'm not joking when I say that he used to fall down 5 times a game. He did. It really looks like he's tried to improve, and it's paid off. He's always the last one off the ice.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Seabass
Onward and Upward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy page
How is Brooks Orpik playing?
Is he destroying people down there?
He's had to adjust to the speed of the AHL again. The NHL flow is much different. His hipcheck in Game 4 vs. Philly was a thing off beauty, but I'd like to see him be a bit more aggressive in the open ice.

Closed Thread