HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game takes - Bruins simply want it more

Old
04-20-2008, 10:24 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
How are the all-Canadian beef Ducks doing this year? Or, how good are the Pens without Malkin? Even better, the Sens' Spezza and Heatley sure gave it their all. I'm sure the Rangers will go down because of Jagr and Lundqvist.
Don't worry about him, he thinks that way because Don Cherry popped his cherry.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Carbo N8

The problem is not nationality of the players per se, it's that the Bruins are playing their game better than the Habs are playing theirs. The physical game of the Bruins has worked since game 1. Too many players are 2nd into the corner or getting rid of the puck too soon to avoid the hit.

The refs are not going to call the overzealous hits that are borderline or the slight interference in the neutral zone, so, the Bruins can play this & kill off the occasional penalty that might result from it.

The Habs have to start paying the price like they did earlier in the series & keep skating to win. They don't need to save their energy for the summer.

Either way, this team has provided a surprising & entertaining year for me & has me excited for the future.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 12:54 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
The problem is not nationality of the players per se, it's that the Bruins are playing their game better than the Habs are playing theirs. The physical game of the Bruins has worked since game 1. Too many players are 2nd into the corner or getting rid of the puck too soon to avoid the hit.

The refs are not going to call the overzealous hits that are borderline or the slight interference in the neutral zone, so, the Bruins can play this & kill off the occasional penalty that might result from it.

The Habs have to start paying the price like they did earlier in the series & keep skating to win. They don't need to save their energy for the summer.

Either way, this team has provided a surprising & entertaining year for me & has me excited for the future.
I don't want the Habs to become the Atlanta Braves of the NHL ! Finish first every year and rarely win the World Series.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I don't want the Habs to become the Atlanta Braves of the NHL ! Finish first every year and rarely win the World Series.
Nor do I, but, I don't think anybody seriously thought they were gonna win the cup this year. I didn't expect this type of regular season performance for at least another year.

They're ahead of the development curve for the young players, imo & this gives Gainey some interesting options for the next step in the process, if they continue develop.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
You are dreaming...there are a few who have the heart but most don't. Kovalev and Markov's play recently are text book examples. How are Europeans going to have the same desire....NA players were bought up to the Stanley Cup playoffs...Euros were never exposed to it until they are 20s. The skill is there but will to win is not. Only NA player on our top two lines is Higgins...one of our top 3 defensemen is NA. Just not going to cut it....Game 7 will prove the result
Congratulations, you completely ignored his post to watch yourself post more of your drivel.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Finishing 1st in the Conference helps for game 7 but I have to think that it put too much pressure on the team. After all they were not supposed to make the playoffs this year.... so maybe finishing lower down would have been easier to develop some momo ...Here they were expected to wipe out the Ruins in 4 straight after going 8-0 in the regular season... It is very easy to be in the Bruins shoes with nothing to lose and everything to GAIN going into this series.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Corey

I can't think of many Canadians on the Habs who are keeping the Canadiens alive in this series. Maybe Price, Bégin, and Kostopoulos. That's about it. Where are Ryder, Latendresse, Lapierre, Dandenault, Gorges, Bouillon, and O'Byrne?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...4-57108cfa8613

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
You are dreaming...there are a few who have the heart but most don't. Kovalev and Markov's play recently are text book examples. How are Europeans going to have the same desire....NA players were bought up to the Stanley Cup playoffs...Euros were never exposed to it until they are 20s. The skill is there but will to win is not. Only NA player on our top two lines is Higgins...one of our top 3 defensemen is NA. Just not going to cut it....Game 7 will prove the result
That may have been true in the early 90s when the Euros first started coming over.... but not anymore; Since the european invasion all these young Euros have seen the NHL.... and it still doesn't explain the other guys we've seen be great.

Koivu is in our top 6... He's not a playoff warrior based on your criteria. That tells me your criteria must be DEAD WRONG.

PS I missed Jagr in the first post.
PPS Say what you want about Markov, but Kovalev is not that bad this series... Game 6 stunk, but the rest he's been fine (just double teamed and not getting help.)

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote