HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Canada Annoucement 11:00 Eastern, May 15, 2004

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Killer 93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Racist Bigotry is not needed on these boards, please stick to your own board if you are gonna come here and post crap like that. I am not french, but if i was i would be offended by your comment.
Check again, I didn't post that anywhere smart guy.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Nihilism

Yay you gotta send it threw PM's cause you're too much of a chicken ***** to say it on the boards.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:38 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Again and Again, cash has nothing to do with the overall play of a team (See Rangers/Calgary)

As for Game 6 and game 7, those were the games Théo did his best, however, like you can,t judge for 1 bad game, you can't judge for 2 good games in two rounds.

Finally, it wasn't théo who bring us in the play-off (unlike two years ago) It was the team, all the team.

I gotta go for now, I should be back later to continue this friendly talk if nobody can't replace me....

Old
05-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
How is Nash, Tanguay, and Lecavalier, not on this team? Theodore I suppose I can understand if they're basing it on playoff preformances, which they apparently are (Gretzky says on TSN.ca that's how Regher makes the team).

Brendon Morrow? Guess I didn't see enough of Dallas this year.
Morrow was the key to the Arnott/Guerin production all year, and the heatley/briere production in the WCs. He was a force in the corners, hit everything that moved and cleared space for his more talented linemates to create scoring chances. Plus he has a good shot and showed a scoring touch when he had chances. He deserves a spot on the team

Old
05-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
As for Game 6 and game 7, those were the games Théo did his best, however, like you can,t judge for 1 bad game, you can't judge for 2 good games in two rounds.

Finally, it wasn't théo who bring us in the play-off (unlike two years ago) It was the team, all the team.
Point is theo was at his best when we needed him most. Ie facing elim vs boston, when we went on the winning streak after Buffalo and the islanders almost caught us.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism
Yay you gotta send it threw PM's cause you're too much of a chicken ***** to say it on the boards.
I would not post something like that on the boards, nor would I post pm's...

from the rules....

h) Exposing personal and private information on the boards. PM's are not to be reposted on the boards! If there's a problem forward it to a moderator. If you post a PM, you can expect to be banned. PM stands for PRIVATE message, and they are to be kept private

Old
05-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism
Why don't you say some of things you said to me in pm's on this board? Go for it.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:00 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Theo didn't make key saves??? See games 5-7 of the boston series which we don't win without theo. Yes he had an average overall playoff but in the big games he was huge for us.
Any goaltender worth being a #1 in the NHL would have won games 5 and 6. Many playoff goaltenders (from this year or past years) would have given Montreal a fair chance to win the 7th game. With most goaltenders the serie is either 2-2 or 3-1 for Montreal come the 4th game, possibly giving the team some rest for round 2.

On the other hand, Belfour stood up on his head against Ottawa and had one bad game against Philly. Switch goaltenders around and Ottawa and Montreal make it to the 2nd round.

Anyway, it's kind of pointless to go back on arguing Theo's playoff performances.

Belfour has had a more successfull career than Theodore, he's had a good season and playoffs. He's going to be in his last years of hockey and he was good as the 3rd goaltender during last olympics. I think it's the right thing to give him a last chance to represent his country. On the other hand, Theo will have the chance to build on his career for the Olympics after, even though right now it seems he's not in the future plans for the WC either.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:03 PM
mcphee

Wow, aren't we a nice group today. While admitting that my opinion has little weight in this world, using language or race in a debate makes you lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut and someone I would use as an example for my kids to avoid. Posting PM's puts you in the same category. All this because you can't agree whether Theo or Belfour deserves to be on Team Canada.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:03 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Point is theo was at his best when we needed him most. Ie facing elim vs boston, when we went on the winning streak after Buffalo and the islanders almost caught us.
Why was he atrocious in every overtime Montreal played? Aren't overtimes places where you need your goalie the most (and to step up)?

Old
05-15-2004, 01:04 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Morrow was the key to the Arnott/Guerin production all year, and the heatley/briere production in the WCs. He was a force in the corners, hit everything that moved and cleared space for his more talented linemates to create scoring chances. Plus he has a good shot and showed a scoring touch when he had chances. He deserves a spot on the team
Like I said, didn't see enough of Dallas this year. I got to watch maybe 10 mins of the WC.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
Like I said, didn't see enough of Dallas this year. I got to watch maybe 10 mins of the WC.
Thats why i gave the info on him.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Raider917

http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/feature.asp?fid=9290

belfour being the only leaf was a pleasant suprise.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Tuggy

I have to laugh at all the people doubting Gretz and his crew. You people think you could pick a better team?

I think this is a great team, this team can play ANY style of hockey nessecary! This team will have 3 outstanding scoring lines and an elite checking line. Big, mobile defense and amazing goaltending. What is the problem?

And for all the people crying about Theo not being on the team, give me a break. What has he done this season to merit a selection? Belfour is better right now period. Would honestly feel confident with Theo in net against a team like Sweden with Sundin, Forsberg and Naslund coming in on him, I know I wouldn't.

This team has tons of experience, youth, grit, size, speed ...etc. Great team, of course people will argue picks such as why Primeau isn't there but really how many defensive centers can you have? Draper is more then capable of shutting a top scoring line. Plus Draper and Maltby are the BEST penalty killers in the NHL.

There is more to the game of hockey then just putting the puck in the net, you need to be able to keep it out of your own net.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:18 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
And for all the people crying about Theo not being on the team, give me a break. What has he done this season to merit a selection? Belfour is better right now period. Would honestly feel confident with Theo in net against a team like Sweden with Sundin, Forsberg and Naslund coming in on him, I know I wouldn't.
Also, in international hockey you need a goaltender that's good on breakaways for the shootout, something that's not Theodore's greatest strenght.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Also, in international hockey you need a goaltender that's good on breakaways for the shootout, something that's not Theodore's greatest strenght.
I never thought of that, but that's a good point. I am very confident with a tandem of Brodeur and Belfour. I figure they will be 1 and 2.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
The world cup is played with NHL playoff rules, we keep playing OTs till someone scores. No shootouts.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
The world cup is played with NHL playoff rules, we keep playing OTs till someone scores. No shootouts.
OT is no better for Theo

Old
05-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/feature.asp?fid=9290

belfour being the only leaf was a pleasant suprise.
There are no suprises in that lineup...

Old
05-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
There are no suprises in that lineup...
quinn coaching is

Old
05-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Habs

I'd take Theo over Luongo any day, in a big game event. I'm also shocked Wayne put Mario on the club... considering his injuries etc.

Also, I'm not sure why Gretz is so in love with Brewer and Smyth.

Old
05-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Raider917

primeau-tanguay-lecavalier
bertuzzi-stillman-recchi
briere-sullivan-ryder
murray-spezza-nash

also walker, ribiero, mcheachern

mcabe-souray
berard-aucoin
sopel-stuart

also boyle, van ryn,

and those are just top 30 scoring defenseman and forwards

theodore
cloutier
osgood
raycroft
biron
lalime

and those are just 25 game winners

a 2nd team Canada could be pretty good

Old
05-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I'd take Theo over Luongo any day, in a big game event. I'm also shocked Wayne put Mario on the club... considering his injuries etc.

Of course.. Theo over Luongo any day...

Closed Thread