HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will you do to help the Habs win tonight (superstitions)

Old
04-21-2008, 08:49 AM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
What will you do to help the Habs win tonight (superstitions)

I know that what some fat guy does miles away from the Bell Centre has no real impact on the game, but I can't help but think that my little routines, might have some impact on the game in some removed way or another.

I am going to wear my Lyle Odelein jersey. I spilled beer on it during game 2 and haven't worn it since due to a nice stain (yes, I do laundry that rarely). It's making a return tonight with my Begin T-shirt underneath. This clothing combination has a stellar record of 2-0 so far this playoffs. The power of two such warriors combined cannot fail in improving the Habs' chances tonight.

Most important of all, I will watch the game with my Guitar Hero guitar around my neck. This was how I watched the first 5 minutes of game one (I had to play to kill time because I was going crazy and got the hockey game on just in time.) It was only after A Kost's goal that I realized I had the guitar in my hand. I had forgotten about this in all of the hysteria that has happened post game, but I can't help but think that in some way, watching game 7 tonight with my Guitar Hero guitar in place will bring the Habs back to their glorious form of early in Game 1.

I remembered something else. I'm going to rewatch the Desjardins hattrick game from the 1993 finals. I did that on the night of the first game and it worked well.

The question is, how are you going to help the Habs tonight? Let's hear your plan.

Edit: Going to keep a running list of our contributions here (Hey, it kills time)

UPDATED FOR THE FLYERS SERIES!!!

Guy Carbonneau (the human, not a poster): HOPEFULLY, HE WILL WEAR THE UGLY TIE AGAIN!!!
Lyle Odelein: Wear Odelein jersey, Begin T-shirt and watch the game with a Guitar Hero controller around his neck. Watch tape of Game#2 from 1993 cup finals.
crazyshea: Pulverize a small rabbit with his car. Kill larger animals (Bald eagle?).
Jeffonfire: Don't watch the game at home. La Cage?
GoHabsGo20: Fly a flag on his car and at home.
Charley_5054: Wear the vintage white Richard Jersey and a plain white jersey (15-0 combo this year!!). Eat a Delissio Deluxe pizza for supper as well.
FinnoHab: Wear a white shirt with a blue and red pattern on it to work and a red necktie. At the gym, only do sets of 6, 8, and 11 to honour Kosto, Komi and Koivu. Also, swat a mosquito... Dead.
Memo Gonzales: Wear a white Koivu jersey.
TheDamned: Keep flag on the car. Wear RBK Kovalev jersey. Light up the candle (how romantic).
Habs514: Wear his jersey.
WeThreeKings: Sport the lucky Habs T-Shirt. No longer draping the Higgins jersey on the chair. Listen to Avrigus' "The Grail" before every period.
Crusher20: Um, he's do whatever it was you did involving a Habs sign. Couldn't really gather quite what. Godspeed Crusher!!!
NHLcrazy: Don the undefeated Kovy T-Shirt. Use the Ovechkin magic avatar.
Blind Gardien: Do nothing, as a result of previous superstitions failing.
tcooke: Sacrifice academics to see the game by writing a 3 hour exam in less than an hour.
Qui Gon Dave: Wear the authentic Kovalev jersey and navy long sleeved Habs shirt.
Ra: Will Poison the Bruins. Kidnap Tim Thomas' kids. Bring a sniper-rifle, in case a Bruins goes on a breakaway. should I change this to the Flyers, or should you keep the same routine? Tough call.
Chipchuro: Post a message on this board. Drink sake during the game. Watch the game on RDS. And finally, listen to the classic goal song over and over.
Skrudland: Wear the Dandenault jersey with the Latendresse T-Shirt. Keep Kool-Aid Man avatar. Listen to Annakin Slayd over and over. Drink Saku beer.
Seb_Rafter: Say you will not watch the game at home but actually end up watching the game at home.
MONACOBLUE: Watch the game. Good one.
bipolarhabfan: Go to church.
GoHabsGo247: Rock the lucky Habs underwear. Put on jersey, too.
Quartz: Pray.
Montreal Shadow: Bet $500 on the Habs.
SKiZO[X]: Pray. Don't eat either. Listen to a lot of Bon Jovi.
Habs_Fan: Eat chicken wings during the game. Open beer only at puck drop.
FlyingKostistyn: Watch the game at La Cage or his bro's. Wear your Kovy T-Shirt. Finally, assume the Flyers are going to win (reverse psychology on the Hockey gods... nice).
The Dion#3: Do whatever it is you did with Canadien (sic) Bacon. Sounds delicious.
Watsatheo: Watch game on computer instead of TV.
Frogurt: Listen to "Don't Stop Believing" on repeat. Drink everything out of his rarely used Habs mug.
Gros Bill: Wear lucky 1993 Stanley Cup champions T-Shirt. Play "Come With Us" at deafening level during national anthems. Drink beer with twist-off tops.
x eric x: Order a pizza at 6pm. Wear the Black and Gold Habs hat (don't know about colour choice there...), Keep the win city avatar.
Sports1131 : Walk down Stanley on way to Bell Centre. Give quarters to fundraising kids (nice Karma!) Wear vintage Perezhogin jersey. This will suck if you don't have tickets...
BigM1ke : Keep the mini-cup back to its original position (see pic in post 46). Wear Komi T-Shirt all day.
Jusqu au Bout: Wear #46 all day. Keep flag on the car. Take out 1993 T-Shirt later... wear it under the 1993 Roy jersey. Most importantly... believe!!!
Habs_99: Don't urinate during game.
Higgins21: Don't watch the whole first period.
Rauhofer: Keep down framed picture of Kovalev. Comtemplate or reflect on the burning of roomate's Higgins T-Shirt.
Rated R Superstar: Wear Kovalev shirt. Turn the light on Habs clock on. Keep up a Kovalev poster. Get a poutine.
Habs10Habs: Wear Koivu jersey tonight. Continue contemplating the murder of BigM1ke's girlfriend.
Montrealer: Bet all your VCash on Habs. Watch game at home with friends. Order a large bacon poutine with extra cheese(mmm). Wear the Habs rally towel as a bandana.
Capitano: Pray.
CanadienFan11: Create a shrine with a Koivu autographed picture, an action figure and a Habs puck around his TV.
lynx: Drop your 3 year old off at Daycare.
Eatthatquestion: Wear a team T-Shirt instead of a player specific one. Open beer with Habs bottle opener.
Habitant#1: Create your own version of "the Force" and use it to ensure the Habs win.
benji: Kill a prostitute. Keep up Kovy and Komi posters.
Nobak: Predict a Higgins hattrick.
Habnot: Don't shower.
David_99: Have lots of intercourse.
Duff88: Watch the game at home and alone.
LilWinger11: Clean your Habs coffee mug. Keep up the old Koivu poster. Make poutine (with real cheese curds, not that cheddar stuff). Speak French at home.
Kovalev Warrior: Go to La Cage.
Rayne: Wear the Good Luck Habs jersey.
Hannibal: Listen to "We Will Rock You", "L'orielle" and "Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now" many times.
Fiascov: Wear red Saku Koivu jersey while holding a Habs car flag.
Guillemin: Wear a large metal pot over a toque (helmet), bang it with a wooden spoon when Habs score.
Zero.O: Watch the game on RDS.
Analyzer: Watch the game while wearing a lucky jersey. Even out the fanbase with a stuffed animal.
eliash: Eat shish taouk.
#11 Saku Koivu: Watch the game in Canadiens T-shirt. Will celebrate birthday on every gameday...?
Russeltown: Eat poutine. Watch game at gym (15-0 now!!!)
speed11: Shave your head.
SergzandAndreiKostistyn: Wear the SK74 jersey and drink a case of Ex.
Bermy: Listen to the game on online radio.
natey2k4: Rock the Habs jersey, Habs hat and Habs socks. Shave
buddahsmoka1: Don't watch the game upstairs in his room.
FishontheSand: Proactively do nothing superstitious. Just good ol' fashioned game watching.
Dashboard: Watch in a Higgins T-Shirt and old school hockey helmet while at home.
mitchmagic: Fly the car flag and twitchnervously.
BigM: Keep smoking (good work). Skrudland and I have a separate ritual of lighting one up every time Smolinski scores, you should join in.
znk: Bury the unlucky towel in a drawer.
mtl_fenix: Tell mom not to watch the game.
ppil: Fail an exam.
Biggsy: Bet against the Habs on facebook. Wear the Richard jersey. Drink from your Habs glass.
steven91: Dive naked into the opposing team's bench.
Shred: Watch the game on CBC.
Korky: Wear the Roy jersey.
patsbury: Don't wear the red Habs jersey.
Riot55: Keep the old Habs wallpaper on your laptop.

Last edited by LyleOdelein: 04-24-2008 at 10:06 AM.
LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 08:54 AM
CrazyShea

I hit a rabbit today with my car. So ill probably stay with that trend and sacrifice as many small animals i can. It would probably take a moose to get ryder going

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
I will not watch tonight's game at home.

stats:

We're 0-3 when I'm watching at home

We're 3-0 when I'm watching somewhere else (Bell Centre, La Cage)

so I'll probably be at La Cage aux Sports tonight with my bro and some friends.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
I hit a rabbit today with my car. So ill probably stay with that trend and sacrifice as many small animals i can. It would probably take a moose to get ryder going
You should have taken that rabbit's foot. It might have brought us luck for tonight.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 08:58 AM
GoHabs20

My flag is on my car.
My flag is on my house.

If the home crowd can't get them going for game 7. Not much else I can do.

A fat guy in a Lyle Odelein jersey. scary.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
You should have taken that rabbit's foot. It might have brought us luck for tonight.
I dont think he had feet after i hit him. It was on the highway and i was doing 140-150. First time since i started driving i ever hit anything with my car so it must be a sign

Old
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
I'll be wearing my only undefeated Jersey/ T-Shirt combo which is my vintage white Richard Jersey with a plain white jersey, it has a 14-0 record including last years visits to the Bell Center.

I'll also eat Delissio deluxe pizza for supper as they won all games this series when we ate that before.

If they lose... welll

But they wont !! GO GO

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
FinnoHab

Will wear my white shirt with a blue and red pattern on it to work. And a red necktie. Yes, the shirt looks like a table cloth or something a clown would wear. But I'm making that sacrifice. Wore it on the morning of Game 1 (yes, the games are on in the mornings here) and that worked out OK. And later on when I'm at the gym, I will only do sets of 6, 8 or 11 reps for TKost, Komi or Saku respectively.

FinnoHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
I dont think he had feet after i hit him. It was on the highway and i was doing 140-150. First time since i started driving i ever hit anything with my car so it must be a sign
Would have been better if you hit a bear (assuming you were ok afterwards of course )

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:02 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post

A fat guy in a Lyle Odelein jersey. scary.
Correction: A fat guy with 12 day beard growth in a stained Lyle Odelein jersey. Scary!!!

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
LilWinger11

I've worn my Komi jersey for every game, going back to probably mid-March. I hadn't put it through the laundry, mainly because I put it on for the game and take it off after so it wasn't really dirty. About two weeks ago I noticed some discoloration on the white stripes, but we were winning, so... yesterday I broke down and washed it.

Now I have to decide whether to wear it or switch to my white jersey...

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Would have been better if you hit a bear (assuming you were ok afterwards of course )
I'd take the injury is we were guaranteed the win. Problem is by the time i found a bear to hit around here it would be playoffs time next year

Old
04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I've worn my Komi jersey for every game, going back to probably mid-March. I hadn't put it through the laundry, mainly because I put it on for the game and take it off after so it wasn't really dirty. About two weeks ago I noticed some discoloration on the white stripes, but we were winning, so... yesterday I broke down and washed it.

Now I have to decide whether to wear it or switch to my white jersey...
Never. Wash. A. Winning. Hockey. Jersey.

I washed my Kovalev Jersey after a pizza malfunction and they started to lose

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
FinnoHab

Quote:
I hit a rabbit today with my car. So ill probably stay with that trend and sacrifice as many small animals i can.
I'm with you. I just swatted a mosquito. Dead.

FinnoHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:26 AM
CBBRH

Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
I'll probably wear my white Koivu #11 jersey for this one. During the regular season I always wore my casual clothes that I always wear when at home. I kept wearing the same clothes for the first game of the playoffs and in the second game, until the Bruins came back to tie it, I put on my red Koivu jersey on and eventually Canadiens won. After that I've been wearing that same jersey so its record is 2-2. Hopefully the white Jersey turns out to be victorious in its debut.

CBBRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:29 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
Never. Wash. A. Winning. Hockey. Jersey.

I washed my Kovalev Jersey after a pizza malfunction and they started to lose
I only washed it b/c we lost! I didn't even wash it after the first loss, only when we lost two. Trust me, I'd have let it go until June if we were winning.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Flag on car.
Wearing RBK Kovalev jersey tonight.
Will light up the candle tonight.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Habs514

Everytime I wear my jersey we win. Time to wear it tonight.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I've got my lucky habs t-shirt on tonight. Everytime I've worn it during the day, we've won. I think. It's all I can do, my Higgins jersey draped on the chair has failed me.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
the volcano hasnt explode for some time now. i guess its good energy still available for the habs... lolllll

edit, also i shaved my head.. but the day before last game.. still we lost.. but i said to myself i wasnt do it for the habs.. but in fact.. i think i know I DID.. oh well.. hehe, other than this I have really changing approach to the game.. trying to reverse the mojo somehow..

btw, some freaky signed happened yesterday.. I was getting home.. and i have my keys in my pocket. when i pulled out my keys.. my habs sign i have with my keys.. removed itself from my keys.. i saw it as a sign habs are going out of playoffs.. the thing that hold the sign with my keys.. got loose.. I did manage to fix it back my hammer the best way i could..... after a couples of knocks.. the little metal think was replaced perfectly.. so i wonder.. it wasnt somewhat almost lose for some time now.. the thing is.. wich part are you going to take.. the habs out, or the habs replaced in order.

I am positive.. so i take 2nd option.. but i had no decision on removing the the habs sign on the first place.. but i did had the decision to knock the thing off to replace things the way they should be.

GO HABS GO !!! DESTINY AWAITS!!!!

sorry for my poor english. its really terrible when i read it back.. ahhhh if only french was allowed.. lol.

Last edited by Crusher20: 04-21-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
NHLcrazy

Put my kovy t-shirt

Habs are 2-0 so far in PO when i wear it!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm not doing anything. I've already done too much and it didn't seem to help. So for the grand epic jinx-busting supersuperstition... I'm going to eschew doing anything at all. For the first time ever. See if that works.

I'm almost glad my toque-wearing attempt last game failed, in that it's waaay too hot to have to keep wearing the toque every day!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

I will sacrifice academics and finish a three hour exam in under an hour so I can make it home in time for puck drop.

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Qui Gon Dave

I'm wearing my Red authentic Kovalev jersey (as it's a home game) at work over a navy blue long sleeve Habs t-shirt. I'll be wearing them both for the game too.

I don't know if I'll be doing my playoff ritual from last year (Bulldogs run) tonight though. Last year I used it a fair bit and the Dogs were something like 10-2/3. Not used it much this year (as I didn't in the early rounds last year) and it's 1-1. Last year it worked great in the must win games. I did it before game 6 and we all know what happened there. If anyone feels strongly about whether it should be used or not, let me know.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

"What will you do to help the Habs win tonight"

Poison the Bruins' food and water.
Kidnap Tim Thomas' kids.
Bring a sniper-rifle, in case a Bruins goes on a breakaway.

You know, the usual...

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote