HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf/Luongo Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 10:40 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
That's pretty funny.Really funny! :lol

Luongo's value is drastically less then 2 1st round picks,2 top 10 prospects and a future stud d-man.If you take out a first and Kalinin,I would listen.

What does 2 WC's have to do with anything?It definitely isn't the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Right... because Kalinin has the most potential of any player over the last 20 years.

Atleast according to Sabres defenseman James Patrick... and you.

Old
05-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
why are people so thick on this subject... if you want one of most promising goalies to come along in awhile with experience prepare to give up boatloads or don't even get involved in the conversation...
Thank you for explaining it to some people

Old
05-14-2004, 10:45 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I'd personally take that in half a second if I was managing Florida. That's three bluechip prospects + 2 decent first rounders.. that package could pick up quite a few superstars in the league.
There is no young player in the NHL with as high a market value as Luongo.

He's young and has greatness written all over him.

The future of hockey in between the pipes.

Old
05-14-2004, 11:18 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
TO FLORIDA: Thomas Vanek, Ryan Miller, 13th overall, 2nd round draft pick, and Derek Roy

TO BUFFALO: Roberto Luongo
Decent proposal, but Im backing Clash's post 110%.

Old
05-14-2004, 11:22 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300
Decent proposal, but Im backing Clash's post 110%.
Yeah,maybe decent for Florida.

I'm not going to say Buffalo doesn't need Luongo because sure,he would be a big upgrade in net.But is he worth taking away almost all your future?Do you honestly think he can lead a team all by himself, a la Dominik Hasek?I frankly don't.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Clash*

Its threads like this one that proves that there are numerous HFBoards members that are seriously mentally deficient.

Its not like Swedish Bolt Fan doesn't speak with a personal bias and people are takin him seriously.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:

I'm not going to say Buffalo doesn't need Luongo because sure,he would be a big upgrade in net.But is he worth taking away almost all your future?Do you honestly think he can lead a team all by himself, a la Dominik Hasek?I frankly don't.
Apparently you didn't watch FL play this yr. He did lead that team all by himself...how else do you think he gets nominated for the Pearson & Vezina trophies otherwise??

Old
05-15-2004, 12:37 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
Apparently you didn't watch FL play this yr. He did lead that team all by himself...how else do you think he gets nominated for the Pearson & Vezina trophies otherwise??

But did he lead them to the postseason?Hasek only missed it 2 or 3 times in his career in seasons he was the starter for the majority of the season...

Old
05-15-2004, 12:57 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
But did he lead them to the postseason?Hasek only missed it 2 or 3 times in his career in seasons he was the starter for the majority of the season...
Martin Brodeur wouldn't lead the Panthers to the postseason.

I doubt Dominik Hasek would either.

Old
05-15-2004, 12:58 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Martin Brodeur wouldn't lead the Panthers to the postseason.

I doubt Dominik Hasek would either.

Well we will never know huh?

And Hasek would do it because he is simply the greatest goaltender to ever play the game and will always be the greatest.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:13 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Well we will never know huh?

And Hasek would do it because he is simply the greatest goaltender to ever play the game and will always be the greatest.
He falls behind Patrick Roy and Ken Dryden.

But he's close.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:

Luongo will never be a hasek that can take a team that barely belongs in playoff to almost getting the cup

Old
05-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther

I dont know since i frankly dont think he deserves either of em

Old
05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
no way we could prize Luongo away. if we could get Van Ryn, or one of their youngish, fairly big forwards away. not that i can name any lol.

Old
05-15-2004, 08:45 AM
onice

Jeeze, now I know why here in Montreal we traded away Roy for peanuts - there will always be those that can look but can not see. Luongo does not have to wait to be a superstar goaltender, he is one now. And if he stays healthy he'll match or better Roy's, Brodeur's or Hasek's numbers. And everyone forgets that Hasek stunk out the league in his twenties. He became an elite goaltender in the second half of his NHL career. Anyone running down Luongo is either blind or envious or damn I forgot his name - that bonehead G.M. of the Islanders who traded away Luongo.

Old
05-15-2004, 09:02 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice
Jeeze, now I know why here in Montreal we traded away Roy for peanuts - there will always be those that can look but can not see. Luongo does not have to wait to be a superstar goaltender, he is one now. And if he stays healthy he'll match or better Roy's, Brodeur's or Hasek's numbers. And everyone forgets that Hasek stunk out the league in his twenties. He became an elite goaltender in the second half of his NHL career. Anyone running down Luongo is either blind or envious or damn I forgot his name - that bonehead G.M. of the Islanders who traded away Luongo.
'mad' mike milbury the muppet.

Luongo will thrash all previous goaltenders numbers baring a lethal accident, or a severe stinking. he seems to thrive on shots. the worse FLA's defense, the better he is lol.

Old
05-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Coolburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
I dont know since i frankly dont think he deserves either of em
Thats your personal bias coming thru. Most of the league, the writers, the GMs, the true hockey professionals think he deserves to be nominated. And rightfully so when you set 2 records for goaltending in a season regardless of who the team is in front of you. I think people base his value on the team in front of him and not him on his own.

Old
05-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
I am almost 100% sure Dudley is shopping him as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
It's posts like this that give Spector's half of its ammunition..
:lol

Old
05-15-2004, 10:56 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
I think the most common mistakes made by posters on these trading Luongo threads is confusing what he's worth literally with what he's worth to Florida. There is a HUGE difference. His value is normal for a good young goaltender. But, his value to us would bring us a disgusting amount of talent. Picks, vets, budding stars and goalies, show us your royal flush and we'll give you a pair. It's that simple.

Old
05-15-2004, 10:12 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
There is no young player in the NHL with as high a market value as Luongo.

He's young and has greatness written all over him.

The future of hockey in between the pipes.
Kovalchuk.

Old
05-15-2004, 10:19 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice
Hasek stunk out the league in his twenties? He won a Vezina in his twenties, something Brodeur didn't do. Speaking of forgetting stuff, it seems you forgot about this. Hasek didn't become an elite goalie in the second half of his NHL career. His first Vezina season came after his 54th game. To put this in perspective, Roy's first Vezina season came after his 140th game. Hasek became an elite goaltender as soon as he got playing time.

Closed Thread