HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Constantin Braun

Old
01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Constantin Braun

How is he playing this season? Does he have the potential to play in the NHL one day?

Thanks

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Eisbaerenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
How is he playing this season? Does he have the potential to play in the NHL one day?

Thanks
I guess he could become a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL in maybe 4-5 years. But you never know how those kids develop.

Eisbaerenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
LombardiTool

It's been over a year since this was posted. I am curious of any of your DEL fans know the growth Braun has taken over the past year. Can someone in the know give me a scouting report on him as far as type of style he plays. Maybe give me an NHL player that his style resembles.

Thanks!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 09:59 AM
zambonidriver

He was named the tournaments MVP on the Division I World Junior Championship in december ... I think he must put some points In the german league first, and gain weight to play in the NHL

zambonidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Sanderson

Not really sure if there is a reason for it, but Braun plays defense these playoffs. At least he did in game 2 of the series, which was the homegame of my hometeam.
He even played the point on the powerplay and put a wrister on goal which was tipped into the net.

Tomorrow is game 4, which is a homegame for me again, so I'll try and see if that was just an emergency thing or if he continues to play there (for at least these playoffs).

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Bobeez

He plays defense since mid-season alongside longtime AHLer Brandon Smith.
I don't know why Don Jackson placed him there, but if he continues to play alongside experienced D-men I could see him becoming a good Defender.
I'd give him 2 more years in Germany and then see if he is ready to try it overseas

Bobeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Bobeez

As a defender, he has now 4 Points (2+2) and is +5 in 6 Playoff Games
Nice slapshot yesterday that marked the GWG!

He really stepped up his game and if he continues to play like he does right now, he really could land up in the NHL one day

Bobeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeez View Post
He really stepped up his game and if he continues to play like he does right now, he really could land up in the NHL one day
absolutely. i was really impressed with him this POs. he looks very good on defense. and he is valuable as PP quarterback.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

As you see above, he's been moved to defense this season and has really blossomed recently. His offensive contributions are even more of a surprise.

He's definitely been a find on the blueline and there's no reason to think he can't take a similar path to the NHL that Christoph Schubert (OTT) has successfully taken!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Tronador

He has now 7 points in 10 games and the best +/- with +7!!

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Does he compare to anyone currently in the NHL?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Does he compare to anyone currently in the NHL?
Hard to say. He's definitely quite tall, still pretty gangly/wiry. Another 15 pounds of muscle would make him a very difficult opponent.

No doubt though - his playoffs were excellent. If I've seen correctly, he had 2-9-11 and a +8 in 15 playoff games. Just amazing considering he only made it onto the team as a regular around Christmas time when he was "experimented with" on the blueline. This offense from the blueline sure as heck wasn't expected.

Don't know if he'll be brought over right away, but as mentioned above, he could take a very similar path to the NHL that Schubert has taken.

His season was nonetheless very good reason for optimism.

Each of Braun, Gogulla and Holzer spent this season displaying why they were drafted. They've given their respective clubs lots of reason for optimism.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Hard to say. He's definitely quite tall, still pretty gangly/wiry. Another 15 pounds of muscle would make him a very difficult opponent.

No doubt though - his playoffs were excellent. If I've seen correctly, he had 2-9-11 and a +8 in 15 playoff games. Just amazing considering he only made it onto the team as a regular around Christmas time when he was "experimented with" on the blueline. This offense from the blueline sure as heck wasn't expected.

Don't know if he'll be brought over right away, but as mentioned above, he could take a very similar path to the NHL that Schubert has taken.

His season was nonetheless very good reason for optimism.

Each of Braun, Gogulla and Holzer spent this season displaying why they were drafted. They've given their respective clubs lots of reason for optimism.
Thanks. My only concern is that his transition to defense came in the year that the Kings would have to sign him in order to keep his rights. Hopefully the Kings saw enough to sign him and bring him to Manchester.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote