HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Dadonov to skate in Florida's training camp

Old
04-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Dadonov to skate in Florida's training camp

As Evgeni himself declared here:

http://www.allhockey.ru/news/28126/22-04-2008/

Discuss

04-22-2008, 07:00 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
I'm excited. I REALLY hope he does well and shows improvement because when we got him I thought it was a steal.

**Edit: Its a crappy translation but unless someone knows russian heres what free-translation says:

Quote:
The leading forward of youth modular Russia the 19-years player of Chelyabinsk "Tractor" Evgenie Dadonov in inter-season period will go to training camp of club of NHL " Florida ".

" Now at me the operating contract with the Chelyabinsk command " the Tractor " and to leave it I do not gather. Though I shall by all means go to " Florida " in the summer. It will be interesting to try the forces behind ocean, to pass training-кемп together with a command of NHL ", - the newspaper " Sports day after day " gives of word Дадонова.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Acadmus

I'm going to take a stab at translating the meaning of the translation - I can't even access the website (cannot find server message):

Top forward for Chelyabinsk Traktor, 19 year old Evgeni Dadonov, will attend training camp for the Florida Panthers this offseason.

"I'm under contract with Traktor so I don't know what I'd have to do to leave, but I will definitely be at Florida's training camp. I'm looking forward to testing out the skill of players from across the ocean, to go to an NHL training camp."

The source is "Dadonova", so I'm guessing his mother (unless he married very young)? But then I don't know how they'd have a quote.

04-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Nononononono

Dadonov-a is genitive, it means words of Dadonov

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Leader forward of Russian national junior team, 19 years old Evgeni Dadonov, player of Traktor Chelyabinsk, in the inter-season will go to training camp of NHL team "Florida".

"Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away. Though this summer i will certainly go to Florida. It will be interesting to try my forces there, and to spend the training camp with an NHL team" - reports words by Dadonov the journal "Sport day after day"

Old
04-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
what are his projections? what can we expect out of him this year?

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Leader forward of Russian national junior team, 19 years old Evgeni Dadonov, player of Traktor Chelyabinsk, in the inter-season will go to training camp of NHL team "Florida".

"Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away. Though this summer i will certainly go to Florida. It will be interesting to try my forces there, and to spend the training camp with an NHL team" - reports words by Dadonov the journal "Sport day after day"
Thanks - nearly 9 years married to a Russian woman and I still haven't picked up much from her

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
what are his projections? what can we expect out of him this year?
He said he will try the training camp - nothing more

Old
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Thanks - nearly 9 years married to a Russian woman and I still haven't picked up much from her
U must have picked tons in other fronts

Old
04-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Bure1096

defensive-forward? what do the scouts tout him as? strong attributes? weak?

Old
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
He said "Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away."...does that mean he doesn't want to play in the NHL?

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

It means that he isn't going to pull a Malkin and escape to America.

Old
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
defensive-forward? what do the scouts tout him as? strong attributes? weak?
http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=615

Old
04-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Bure1096

so i'm thinking possibly a 3rd line winger, kind of sounds like Booth.

Old
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
VirtualSpree

How long is he signed with Traktor?

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Garl

Quote:
so i'm thinking possibly a 3rd line winger, kind of sounds like Booth.
He is very very small like 5'8 5'9 at best. So no Booth that's for sure, and he isn't a defensive player at all. Basically, he's a a fast skilled and very small forward.

And yes, he's far from NHL ready in my opinion.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Like I said, I think we have found a diamond in the rough in Dadonov. Smallish in stature, it seems like it hasn't stopped his scoring production in the RSL where he's putting up very respectable numbers for a 19 year old. According to scouting reports, it also seems like his small size doesn't stop him from going into the corners and mucking it up on a regular basis. Nice.

I really hope he makes an impact in a few years. It'd be great to add ANOTHER name to the list of the young forward core of the future. Weiss, Horton, Booth, Olesz, Stewart, McArdle, Kreps, Frolik, Repik, Matthias, AND Dadanov.

Could it be possible that we have 11 of our 12 forwards of the future already? How cool would that be. Talk about developing via the draft and growing from within. Only Matthias wasn't drafted by the Panthers. And if you add Campbell, that's an entire forward corps.

Booth Weiss Horton
Olesz Matthias Frolik
Dadanov Kreps Repik
McArdle Campbell Stewart

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but are these the lines of the future?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Bure1096

kid has some good puck handling skills from what video i've seen from him this morning. He does need bulk and I don't see the comparisions to Datsyuk.

Old
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Bure1096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Like I said, I think we have found a diamond in the rough in Dadonov. Smallish in stature, it seems like it hasn't stopped his scoring production in the RSL where he's putting up very respectable numbers for a 19 year old. According to scouting reports, it also seems like his small size doesn't stop him from going into the corners and mucking it up on a regular basis. Nice.

I really hope he makes an impact in a few years. It'd be great to add ANOTHER name to the list of the young forward core of the future. Weiss, Horton, Booth, Olesz, Stewart, McArdle, Kreps, Frolik, Repik, Matthias, AND Dadanov.

Could it be possible that we have 11 of our 12 forwards of the future already? How cool would that be. Talk about developing via the draft and growing from within. Only Matthias wasn't drafted by the Panthers. And if you add Campbell, that's an entire forward corps.

Booth Weiss Horton
Olesz Matthias Frolik
Dadanov Kreps Repik
McArdle Campbell Stewart

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but are these the lines of the future?
If they all pan out close to what they should be, that team will be lethal. I just wonder if they will stick around. I have a feeling 1 or 2 of our top guys will be traded in the next 2 years to get us over the hump.

Old
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Clint

Quote:
If they all pan out close to what they should be, that team will be lethal. I just wonder if they will stick around. I have a feeling 1 or 2 of our top guys will be traded in the next 2 years to get us over the hump.
I don't think so. Martin seems to be very patient in letting drafted talent develop. And there really seems to be no reason to trade our young talent when we can be gotten over the hump with just one or two smart UFA signings.

My God, I just realized I've been saying that for years. How freaking hard is it for this organization to sign an impact player in UFA? Has it EVER happened?

Old
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
My God, I just realized I've been saying that for years. How freaking hard is it for this organization to sign an impact player in UFA? Has it EVER happened?
Yup, Ruslan Salei!

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yup, Ruslan Salei!

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.
Well, he did have one good year for us.

Old
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

I doubt we sign anyone significant this off season. With this kid and others we have a surprisingly good amount of POTENTIAL talent in the lineup down the road. Since we do have a lot I think we should give Malkin an offer sheet(the max possible) next summer if he isn't signed since we will be able to afford losing all those picks. I think our year to have a really good team is going to be the 2009-2010 season. Next year's UFA crop is what we should be saving our money for unless we can sign Hossa, which is highly unlikely. This is why you don't throw away third round picks; drafts are so important in the salary cap era. Being able to draft gives you so much more flexibility when you need to sign a UFA or make a trade.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I doubt we sign anyone significant this off season. With this kid and others we have a surprisingly good amount of POTENTIAL talent in the lineup down the road. Since we do have a lot I think we should give Malkin an offer sheet(the max possible) next summer if he isn't signed since we will be able to afford losing all those picks. I think our year to have a really good team is going to be the 2009-2010 season. Next year's UFA crop is what we should be saving our money for unless we can sign Hossa, which is highly unlikely. This is why you don't throw away third round picks; drafts are so important in the salary cap era. Being able to draft gives you so much more flexibility when you need to sign a UFA or make a trade.
Id be willing to give up those first round picks for Malkin. To have Malkin, along with Frolik, Matthias, Nate, Weiss, Booth, Olesz, and Repik, that gives us three talented scoring lines. The problem with giving Malkin $10 million/year, do we have the funds to keep this youth together? It would be amazing though if that did happen.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
29 other teams will be giving him an offersheet too though if they can afford it. We won't be the only suitors.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote