HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Rodent Article : Rangers interested in Schwarz?

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2004, 02:54 PM
karl_hungus

vCash: 500
New Rodent Article : Rangers interested in Schwarz?

http://www.hockeyrodent.com/

"Marek Schwarz. Goaltender who ate up the Extraliga. Learn the name. You'll be seeing it this June and for a long time to come.

Yes. The Rangers are kicking the tires."

Could the Rangers be interested in Schwarz or am I just misinterpreting this? God I hope not with the #6 pick (which is where Schwarz is ranked on some lists).

Old
05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_hungus
http://www.hockeyrodent.com/

"Am I just misinterpreting this?
I find it amusing how "kicking the tires" becomes "Rangers will draft the kid in Round 1."

Schwarz attracted attention from several teams visiting Prague during the Worlds. Among those teams who made inquiries was NYR. I say "learn his name" because the amount of attention he received was far more than local press expected based upon his ranking.

Old
05-16-2004, 03:38 PM
NewYorkStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
I find it amusing how "kicking the tires" becomes "Rangers will draft the kid in Round 1."

Schwarz attracted attention from several teams visiting Prague during the Worlds. Among those teams who made inquiries was NYR. I say "learn his name" because the amount of attention he received was far more than local press expected based upon his ranking.
I find it amusing that the Larry Brooks of the internet can't read. He said he HOPES they aren't interested in him with the 6th pick. I would think that someone who writes articles would understand what a simple word like hope means, since you do not, here is some help.

hope ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp)
v. hoped, hop·ing, hopes
v. intr.
To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
Archaic. To have confidence; trust.

I'm just trying to point out the fact that you can't read so you won't entertain the thoughts of suing the young man. I know how much credibility an internet hack that calls himself a rodent has with the general public. If only Walter Kronkite had thought of naming himself after vermin, maybe he would have accomplished something.

Old
05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkStranger
Larry Brooks of the internet

Old
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
well I like Rodent's articles

And Rodent - Czech 'Budvar' is indeed true beer. Czech beer in general is superb! And even better, cos it costs around $1 for a HUGE pot-full of it, and you can buy it on many a street corner in Prague in the little beer and sausage stalls, what a civilized city

Old
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
karl_hungus

CHILL Rodent!! I Enjoy your articles and certainly not criticizing you or your article...just the fact that the Rangers would actually think about drafting a goalie with our 1st pick.

Keep the articles and the info coming...I love your stuff.

Old
05-16-2004, 05:15 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_hungus
CHILL Rodent!! I Enjoy your articles and certainly not criticizing you or your article...just the fact that the Rangers would actually think about drafting a goalie with our 1st pick.

Keep the articles and the info coming...I love your stuff.
Not a chance the Rangers will take a goalie in the 1st round. Maybe if he falls to the 2nd round and there is a outstanding prospect a goalie will be taken.

Old
05-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Edge

He is a very good goalie.The Rangers indeed have kicked the tires of several goalies because that's what a good team does. Rodent didnt say anything untrue. Having said that I know they came away impressed with Malkin a lot, but they're not likely to get him.

Closed Thread