HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

YOU know the good ole days are back

Old
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That's coming from the same fans who cheered when McLaren elbowed Zednik. So I take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah I know who you're talking about. Sounds like a total meathead and thug.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Easy fix. Throw the Spartan line at them. Works like a charm.
Exactly!

I'm literally laughing my ass off right now thinking about that. Dumbest thing done in the league this season - maybe ever....

"Tonight we dine at the country club!"

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
My personal favorite is the hate from the Senator fans.
Same here. Strangely, the worst their team is, the more they have to say about the Canadiens.

They're not bitter, they just want to provide objective analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That's coming from the same fans who cheered when McLaren elbowed Zednik. So I take it with a grain of salt.
I never thought they could stoop to a lower level, but after reading that vent thread, I don't know what to think. I don't know if it's because they're dumb, or maybe it's the water in Mass. but I swear they live in a magical dreamland.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin View Post
Same here. Strangely, the worst their team is, the more they have to say about the Canadiens.

I never thought they could stoop to a lower level, but after reading that vent thread, I don't know what to think. I don't know if it's because they're dumb, or maybe it's the water in Mass. but I swear they live in a magical dreamland.
It's jealousy.

Old
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
anarmandaleb

I have to say. It bugs me a little. Not that they hate our team, because that makes me proud, but when people say we're all arrogant, or that we all torch police cars, or that we all booed the US anthem when everyone who was there clearly heard chanting, or that we all sang goodbye to the Bruins in the 4th minute of the first period of the first game...
It gets to me.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Exactly!

I'm literally laughing my ass off right now thinking about that. Dumbest thing done in the league this season - maybe ever....

"Tonight we dine at the country club!"
lmao....

That one's not going away any time soon.

Old
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Little Nilan

I ask people not to jump on that guys case.

He's a New Yorker after all.

Old
04-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:

And the funny thing is, I think some of them actually believe that.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

They're not bitter, they just want to provide trolling.
Fixed.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
Ha, there is a difference between passion and delusion. Habs fans are both passionate, and delusional. To put it in better terms, too optimistic.

I am a Yankee fan, but I know they are not going to WS this year, playoffs, maybe. But I am still passionate about Yankees and cheer them on. I am not delusional.
God forbid fans be optimistic.

We were delusional when some of us thought the Habs could make the playoffs. Now, the fan base is delusional because some members think they have a legitimate shot at playoff success.

Gather up the torches fellas, we have a rabid fan base.

Old
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
My personal favorite is the hate from the Senator fans.
No kidding. What's up with that -- especially after we rooted for them en masse last year. No one here was praying for the Sens' demise. I guess they turned bitter when their ironic, sarcastic comments about the Habs being the better team turned into the cold realization that the Habs are in fact a better team with a brighter future.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

What do you think the Boston tea party was?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
If anyone knows what it means to be hated, it's us
I can agree with that. I hate the Flyers. My hate for the Flyers is more because you guys used to get a free pass from every hockey magazine in the playoffs. I remember you guys were like a 31-0 favourite for the playoffs and that no team could beat your toughness and size. I'd be furious until, of course, you guys were knocked out

Then, around 2004, I really didn't care, and after the lock-out, I was actually excited for you guys after following the Phantoms Calder run with Richards and Carter. I'm a big fan of Richards (Though it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon these days...)

Then you guys drafted a guy named Steve Downie... and the hate returned. I hated him as a Spitfire and hated him for getting on Team Canada, and now he is a Flyer? Just a new reason to hate the Flyers

The Habs becoming "Hated" means everyone knows they are good and going to be good for a long time. Thats why the Flyers are once again hated, why the Red Wings will always be hated, why the Ducks began to get seriously hated upon, why Sidney Crosby himself gets insurmountable amounts of hate on this forum, etc. Even as a kid, people were gunnin to break Wayne Gretzky's leg.

I enjoy the hate, but I only serve it to those who deserve to have it rubbed in their faces. Like Senators fans. Like Bruins fans. And especially, Leaf fans. People say to be humble because you never know when things might turn around and you'll be the guy looking bad, but when it comes to Maple Leaf fans? I enjoy every moment of cockslapping them in the face for their woes. I remember last year, so that is what makes this run so much better.

As for the comment about Hab fans being optimistic and delusional? I treat this like Religion. I'm not religious so faith/devotion is a fresh concept to me. I've been a blind sheep to this team ever since Bob Gainey came in and I like it like that. I am seeing the rapture. I love it I know that every year we're just going to get closer, and when we get it, we'll just get stronger. You know what? I like it that way. Better to be happy and ignorant than bitter and realistic. I have a better time that way.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
bipolarhabfan

I like it when individuals from other teams start to hate us. It makes things more enjoyable and indicates that this team has arrived. Just look at the dislike on the Rangers board (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=508934). I think the Habs have the most number of fans in the league. As a result, other fan basses feel swarmed and angered at us, espeically given our ole ole chant and many individuals personalities. However, I do not like being lumped in with the 0.1% who are clearly a**hole fans who bring the majority of fans down with them.

There are a few fans whose hatred is special: The Leafs, the Bruins, and especially the Sens. The latter's smugness and arrogance is all the more comical given the fact that they have accomplished nothing when their team was on the top for 10 seasons. This hate is even directed against the players who bet on seeing if they could hold the Habs to 10 shots or less a few years ago.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote