HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

2008 IIHF Sweaters

Old
03-16-2008, 04:14 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

vCash: 500
That's what it was. The blue jersey was the same aside from the shoulders stripes. We're Americans, we are unoriginal

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:43 AM
nyrmetros

yea it seems like it.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 11:52 AM
leftwing lock

love the retros. Nice to see they all won't look the same. I hate the nike template. Bring back individual jerseys!!!!!!!111111111

leftwing lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
TorFC-TML*

I was just at a local sports store that specializes in jerseys.

They had another new Canada sweater. I dont think the vintage 72 one will be their only jersey.

They had a white one that looked alot like the Coyotes current uni, but with two horizontal stripes at the waist. It has the modern team Canada logo, and the modern shoulder patches (though they seem to be moved down the arm).

It looked okay. Very early 90's-ish. I cant say I was too impessed.

I love those vintage unis though. The World Championships are going to be big this year.

TorFC-TML* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 03:56 AM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorFC-TML View Post
I was just at a local sports store that specializes in jerseys.

They had another new Canada sweater. I dont think the vintage 72 one will be their only jersey.

They had a white one that looked alot like the Coyotes current uni, but with two horizontal stripes at the waist. It has the modern team Canada logo, and the modern shoulder patches (though they seem to be moved down the arm).

It looked okay. Very early 90's-ish. I cant say I was too impessed.

I love those vintage unis though. The World Championships are going to be big this year.
Mind telling me which store this was? I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Some of the Women's teams have debut their new jerseys in China, while others are still using the old swifts. Mostly the modifications are small. The US has made the biggest change so far by adding a horizontal stripe on the bottom. Most of the other teams using the new ones (Swiss, Sweden) have only simplified their designs by getting rid of the silver curved lines on the sides and using a simple two colour vertical stripe like Canada had on their old ones. The only constant seems to be everyone now having solid colour collars instead of the silver front that all the euro teams had. Finland just changed the silver curves to blue ones.

You can check out the pics at:

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-wo.../pictures.html

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
TorFC-TML*

I dont know the name of it. Its a shop across the street, west of the Oshawa Town Centre.

The woman said those were their new jerseys and the vintage 72 uni was right next to it as well. I havent seen them anywhere else yet though. I cant find them online.

Old
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
v-man

Quote:
I dont know the name of it. Its a shop across the street, west of the Oshawa Town Centre.

The woman said those were their new jerseys and the vintage 72 uni was right next to it as well. I havent seen them anywhere else yet though. I cant find them online.
Thanks, I'll try to get out there and check it out. I did some searching in about 5 shops in Toronto today, and the word is that Nike is screwing things up royally, asking small stores to take on way too many jerseys up front, or demanding they carry dozens of other Team Canada products as well. Since the Worlds aren't a big draw in Canada, this is hardly worth their while and most of them will wait until mid summer to carry the new products. No wonder they weren't making any money and wanted to get out of the hockey business. Apparently the release date was supposed to be April 5th or so and Sport Check is the only retailer I was told agreed to Nike's idiotic demands, so they might show up there soon. I'm heading out to Halifax and want to get my hands on one before I leave, since at past championships I've been to the jerseys the IIHF sells on site are poorer quality silk screened ones.

Old
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
TorFC-TML*

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Thanks, I'll try to get out there and check it out. I did some searching in about 5 shops in Toronto today, and the word is that Nike is screwing things up royally, asking small stores to take on way too many jerseys up front, or demanding they carry dozens of other Team Canada products as well. Since the Worlds aren't a big draw in Canada, this is hardly worth their while and most of them will wait until mid summer to carry the new products. No wonder they weren't making any money and wanted to get out of the hockey business. Apparently the release date was supposed to be April 5th or so and Sport Check is the only retailer I was told agreed to Nike's idiotic demands, so they might show up there soon. I'm heading out to Halifax and want to get my hands on one before I leave, since at past championships I've been to the jerseys the IIHF sells on site are poorer quality silk screened ones.

I didnt ask how recently they got them in, but I was there a week previous and those jerseys definately werent there. If you really want one go for it.

Most of the jerseys at the store are hugely overpriced though. $114 for every single one.

Old
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
v-man

Quote:
Most of the jerseys at the store are hugely overpriced though. $114 for every single one.
That's about normal for international replicas at first release. No more than I was expecting.

Old
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
TorFC-TML*

Quote:
That's about normal for international replicas at first release. No more than I was expecting.
Ya.

Its more than im willing to pay though.

They also have soccer jerseys that are insanely overpriced! $100 a pop! I can get the exact same shirt online for $50, delivery and everything included.

They close at like 7pm though, so try to get out there during the day.

Old
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
v-man

Talked to an employee at the Hockey Hall of Fame store today, and he said the new jerseys can't be sold until Team Canada unveils them at a press conference on April 24th (I guess to coincide with the opening of their training camp). They;ll be available later that same day.

Old
04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
TorFC-TML*

Quote:
Talked to an employee at the Hockey Hall of Fame store today, and he said the new jerseys can't be sold until Team Canada unveils them at a press conference on April 24th (I guess to coincide with the opening of their training camp). They;ll be available later that same day.
Weird. Well that store in Oshawa had them out on the floor with price tags on em and all. They seemed to be completely legit.

Maybe they made a mistake and put them out too early.

Old
04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
v-man

Here they are. someone posted them on another forum. Definitely an upgrade IMHO. Is this the jersey you saw in Oshawa TorFC-TML?

Old
04-11-2008, 10:05 AM
TorFC-TML*

Quote:
Here they are. someone posted them on another forum. Definitely an upgrade IMHO. Is this the jersey you saw in Oshawa TorFC-TML?

Thats them!

Weird placement for the shoulder patch eh?

Im not a huge fan, I wouldnt buy it myself. Seeing as they release a new one every few years I only buy ones I really like.

The last team Canada uni I bought was the 96 World Cup ones.

Old
04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
v-man

The only thing I don't really like about them is the neck cut. seems way too broad. I like the old school feel though. I'll have to see them in person before I make my final decision, but I think I'll probably pick one up. Haven't had a new Canada jersey in over ten years.

Old
04-11-2008, 07:47 PM
KRM

Quote:
In other IIHF jersey news, most of the teams at this year's WC will also be wearing retro jerseys for one game during the tournament.
I was under the impression that, at least Sweden, would play the entire tournament in the retro jersey.

I must get a Sweden retro and Canada retro, maybe USA too.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:

Is the the new Team Canada jerseys? taking over for the ones we used in turin?

if so,

I don't like the white, but i really like the red.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:22 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Totally agree. If the white was a perfect inversion of the red, this would be a perfect set.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Totally agree. If the white was a perfect inversion of the red, this would be a perfect set.
that neck doesn't look right, it's off centre, the left "line" doesn't match up.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
nyrmetros

Does anyone ever remember the USA wearing this sweater?

http://www.rivercitysports.com/us/de...cfm?sku=127580

Old
04-21-2008, 01:13 AM
nyrmetros

Lots of 2008 IIHF sweaters are out now.

http://www.icejerseys.com/shop_by_collection.php

Old
04-21-2008, 07:14 AM
IIHFjerseycollector

Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
theyre pretty cool. but they look like very low quality...

IIHFjerseycollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunearthhxcx View Post
theyre pretty cool. but they look like very low quality...
Considering most teams jerseys didn't change at all, I hope that people take advantage of the old replicas and authentic's still on sale at Rivercitysports for less than these sublimated cheap sorry excuses for jerseys. At least the hats look good.

Old
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Frank Booth

Quote:
Considering most teams jerseys didn't change at all, I hope that people take advantage of the old replicas and authentic's still on sale at Rivercitysports for less than these sublimated cheap sorry excuses for jerseys. At least the hats look good.
Switzerland is very different, and not for the better, IMO.

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
Switzerland is very different, and not for the better, IMO.
Yeah, they've been using that swooshy design on their non nike uniforms for a while already. Not at all surprised to see them take it to the worlds, but IMHO some of their old jerseys with just a small cross are a lot more classy than this thing.