HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge & Le Cabaret Part V, The Banana(AD) Strikes Back!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
  #101
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
From reading yesterdays GDT maybe some posters are in hospital. Heart problems.
I was not on the boards but how were people having heart problems the game was over after 20 minutes

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
  #102
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I was not on the boards but how were people having heart problems the game was over after 20 minutes
lol, I know...but go back and take a quick look.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
  #103
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol, I know...but go back and take a quick look.
Hahahaha.

No way Price was going to blow the 3-0 lead.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
  #104
dzd ncnfzd
Registered User
 
dzd ncnfzd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Funny story I would like to share.
Same thing happened to me eons ago, I was going 95 mph (told you it was a long time ago!!) between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg in a beater Chevy pick-up and got stopped (Surprise!! I've learnt to slow down in Manitoba since)

I was wearing a Habs T and cap......cop let me go!!! Only cost me 20 minutes of talking about the Habs....(great escape, really couldn't afford the fine in those student days)

dzd ncnfzd is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
  #105
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Hahahaha.

No way Price was going to blow the 3-0 lead.
well in fairness it was only 1-0 after 20 minutes and we got worked in that first period.... Price was the only reason we weren't down 2-1 or 3-1.

But after the 2nd period it was 3-0 and I knew it was over.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
  #106
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Is everyone else enjoying generalization day here at HF? Apparently we're all anarchists and arsonists as a result of last night's festivities.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:04 PM
  #107
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Is everyone else enjoying generalization day here at HF? Apparently we're all anarchists and arsonists as a result of last night's festivities.
I jumped on a police car in kingston

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:08 PM
  #108
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I jumped on a police car in kingston
I showered

Habnot is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
  #109
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I jumped on a police car in kingston
I looked sideways at a couple of cops who were supervising a construction site here in Toronto this afternoon.

Down with the man.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
  #110
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I looked sideways at a couple of cops who were supervising a construction site here in Toronto this afternoon.

Down with the man.
I woke up in a cell with a large man named Big Jim and the smell of gasoline and terpentine on my hands.

AD is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
  #111
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I woke up in a cell with a large man named Big Jim and the smell of gasoline and terpentine on my hands.
So you and Gros Bill were incarcerated for siphoning gasoline out of cars and removing paint stains from Artie's garage.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
  #112
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
So you and Gros Bill were incarcerated for siphoning gasoline out of cars and removing paint stains from Artie's garage.
Err... yeah... that's what it was.



Oh and.. I have a huge bag of new reebok shoes waiting for me at home when I posted bail.

Go figure.

AD is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:30 PM
  #113
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Err... yeah... that's what it was.



Oh and.. I have a huge bag of new reebok shoes waiting for me at home when I posted bail.

Go figure.
You idiots couldn't have looted Holt Renfrew or Harry Rosen.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
  #114
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You idiots couldn't have looted Holt Renfrew or Harry Rosen.
That's what I said!


Gros Bill

AD is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 08:24 AM
  #115
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You idiots couldn't have looted Holt Renfrew or Harry Rosen.
Just goes to show...no class and NO TASTE


BTW AD/Gros Bill the toluene/xylene shipment has arrived.....

Artie is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
  #116
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Just goes to show...no class and NO TASTE


BTW AD/Gros Bill the toluene/xylene shipment has arrived.....
That's for AD. Did they include my rubber boots and overalls in the shipment?

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
  #117
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I am now King of the Saguenay. I watched the game in a hotel bar, met 3 Australian guys, and a singing sea captain whose name I didn't get, or ask for. I didn't see any police, and I was very polite to the lovely bartenders.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
  #118
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I am now King of the Saguenay. I watched the game in a hotel bar, met 3 Australian guys, and a singing sea captain whose name I didn't get, or ask for. I didn't see any police, and I was very polite to the lovely bartenders.
so you basically had a one night stand and didn't get caught. Am I reading this correctly

Artie is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
  #119
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
so you basically had a one night stand and didn't get caught. Am I reading this correctly
That's what I understood too. Although the reference to bartenders instead of barmaids kinda threw me off at first, but the part about meeting three Australian guys and a singing sea captain in a bar made it much clearer. Well, you know, to each his own. I guess they're pretty tolerant up there.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
  #120
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
For the record Mcphee:

1- I thought you were dead.

2- I watched game 7 at Benelux (Habs are now 2-0 with 2 Price Shutouts when I go there)

AD is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
  #121
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
So, like, huh, how where the Australians and the sea captain?

Fido22 is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
  #122
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
For the record Mcphee:

1- I thought you were dead.

2- I watched game 7 at Benelux (Habs are now 2-0 with 2 Price Shutouts when I go there)

Well dont over use it.
Just like the tie use it when necessary.

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 10:38 AM
  #123
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
So, like, huh, how where the Australians and the sea captain?
The Aussies were good guys. They sat beisde us at the bar and the 1st guy there, warned the other guys to watch they'd say as we spoke English. We learned that Rugby League and Rugby Union are different sports.

The sea captain, I pray retired, was lurching around, singing the national anthem, and must have been a regular as he was pretty much ignored. He latched onto the guy beside me, but thought it best to look away.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
  #124
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The Aussies were good guys. They sat beisde us at the bar and the 1st guy there, warned the other guys to watch they'd say as we spoke English. We learned that Rugby League and Rugby Union are different sports.

The sea captain, I pray retired, was lurching around, singing the national anthem, and must have been a regular as he was pretty much ignored. He latched onto the guy beside me, but thought it best to look away.
Glad you're not dead.

AD is offline  
Old
04-23-2008, 03:36 PM
  #125
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Glad you're not dead.
Ah, the sweet nothing I wisper into my gf's ear in the morning.

Fido22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.