HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canada's team!

Old
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Skywalker View Post
why would anyone still listen to Cherry is still beyond me, kelly is a much better person to listen to.
pure entertainment.
makes us laugh with his stupidities.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:44 AM
mrCoffea*

vCash: 500
the beauty of this is that for all of those "we want the cup to come back to Canada, but not in Montreal" people, even if the Canadiens lose they will still remain as the last Canadian team to win a cup, at least for this year

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Guillemin

The only Canadians who will jump on the Habs bandwagon are the fringe NHL fans who just want to see a Canadian team win, for some reason.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
R4lph B4ckstrom

Québec's team

/ thread

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4lph B4ckstrom View Post
Québec's team

/ thread
Fack off buddy, I don't live in Quebec and I am a die hard fan of the Habs. There are a lot of Habs fans across Canada. If your a true fan of the team, it doesn't matter where you live.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Who cares about Cherry's favourite ? If the Habs go all the way, he will cheer for one and only player: Price.

The Habs are not the Canada's team anyway. Toronto and Calgary are very popular throughout Canada. They are the Quebec's team. That's it.
Dead Wrong on this one buddy... A few years ago Sleeman did a poll coast to coast and found that Montreal was the most popular hockey team in Canada. There are many Anglos who love the Habs... Including myself, and many of my friends.

Toronto is a close second when you poll all Canadians.... Calgary, not even close.... Sure they were a nice 2nd team for everyone when they went to the cup, but they aren't the #1 team of near as Canadians as Les Canadiens are.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
MuffinMan*

The "What's up with Sens fans" thread was deleted before I had the oppurtunity to reply. I think that many Sens fans have difficulty cheering for the Habs because a minority of Habs fans are very arrogant and vocal. It's a shame that a few fans can cause others to generalize a fanbase, but many Sens posters have had bad experiences with some Habs posters, and vice versa.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Sens fans cheering for the Habs to lose, when teams become rivals it happens quite often. Personally, I grew up cheering for the Habs until the Sens came back, and since I have been cheering for both teams, except when they play each other. I am one Sens fan who hopes the Habs bring the Cup back to Canada.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 02:22 PM
HabGoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Fack off buddy, I don't live in Quebec and I am a die hard fan of the Habs. There are a lot of Habs fans across Canada. If your a true fan of the team, it doesn't matter where you live.
Right on!

Habs fans outside Quebec have had it hard for so damn long. Imagine being a Habs fan in Toronto during the Habs' dark days! We deserve respect, dammit!

HabGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan15 View Post
The "What's up with Sens fans" thread was deleted before I had the oppurtunity to reply. I think that many Sens fans have difficulty cheering for the Habs because a minority of Habs fans are very arrogant and vocal. It's a shame that a few fans can cause others to generalize a fanbase, but many Sens posters have had bad experiences with some Habs posters, and vice versa.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Sens fans cheering for the Habs to lose, when teams become rivals it happens quite often. Personally, I grew up cheering for the Habs until the Sens came back, and since I have been cheering for both teams, except when they play each other. I am one Sens fan who hopes the Habs bring the Cup back to Canada.
Last year the Habs was not making the playoff. I switched my support to the Sens in their drive to the final. What do I see this year? The Habs made the playoff and the Sens being swept by Pittsburgh. I did not see much support like the post above. Instead I saw a lot of anti Habs on the Bruins and now Flyers board. It look like the entire Sens fans have switched their support to whomever played the Habs. It's very frustrating to see our fellow Canadians support American team. Really I do not ask Sens fans to jump into our bandwagon. Seeing a lot of their fans on Bruins/Flyers boards wishing a quick Habs exit is reaaly shameful.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
BLONG7

The Habs have more fans throughout the entire country, the only people that do not recognize that are the CBC HNIC guys...so be it, it makes this all the sweeter...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:55 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Among Acadians, I am sure.
The Habs are more popular in the Maritimes than the Leafs, or any other team...english, french, whatever, has nothing to do with it...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Hahahaha. Now Don Cherry has been left without a choice.
I guarantee he will still find a way to go with somebody else: Joe Thornton, somebody from Kingston, somebody without a visor, yada yada yada

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Exactly: Lived in SW Ont all my life and been a Habs fan since i knew what the game was. Being forced to watch the Leafs on Saturdays and Wednesdays only made me hate them more. Geography is over-rated. It is the team that gets you!

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Haddock

There can be Habs fans all over Canada or the whole world for that matter, Le Club de Hockey Canadien is far from being Canada's team in the sense that Calgary and Edmonton were. I hate this damn nonsense. Leave your politics out of pro sports. There's the Beijing olympics coming up for those of you who can't appreciate something without waving national flags.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
There can be Habs fans all over Canada or the whole world for that matter, Le Club de Hockey Canadien is far from being Canada's team in the sense that Calgary and Edmonton were. I hate this damn nonsense. Leave your politics out of pro sports. There's the Beijing olympics coming up for those of you who can't appreciate something without waving national flags.

The envy runs deep. Non-hab fans probably would rather MTL didn't add to their already ridiculous trophy case.

Edit: I have no idea why I quoted your post...

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
ShuttFan

I'm sensing a *Begin for Beijing* thread coming.

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote