HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dadonov to skate in Florida's training camp

Old
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Id be willing to give up those first round picks for Malkin. To have Malkin, along with Frolik, Matthias, Nate, Weiss, Booth, Olesz, and Repik, that gives us three talented scoring lines. The problem with giving Malkin $10 million/year, do we have the funds to keep this youth together? It would be amazing though if that did happen.
I would have to think Jokinen and Van Ryn will be gone, plus Stumpel Dvorak and Peltonen. Seems doable. The youngest of the guys shouldn't be an issue (Frolik, Repik, Matthias) and if Booth and Olesz become an issue it means they have been playing extremely well and either we have to sign them to big money or trade them for assets.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yup, Ruslan Salei!

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.
Brett MacLean is giving him a run for his money!

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
29 other teams will be giving him an offersheet too though if they can afford it. We won't be the only suitors.
I'm just throwing it out there. Actually, some wont have the picks and some wont have the cap space. So I doubt 29 other teams will.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
i highly doubt he'd sign a sheet from florida guys...

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
so i'm thinking possibly a 3rd line winger, kind of sounds like Booth.
I saw him play in a couple games in the WJC this year. He's not like Booth. He's small, like 5'9" or 5'10", about 170 lbs. But he's gritty and not afraid at all to get hit by much bigger players. He has great vision, is a great passer. Is very slick, can really stickhandle. I think he's a possible top six playmaker. If not, he can probably still be a useful third line player if he sticks in the NHL.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
kid has some good puck handling skills from what video i've seen from him this morning. He does need bulk and I don't see the comparisions to Datsyuk.
Actually, he is kind of like Datsyuk in the style he plays. Obviously not as effective as Datsyuk, but he reminded me of a very poor man's Datsyuk.

Old
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yup, Ruslan Salei!

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.
He and Dave Gagner are probably neck and neck for our biggest UFA signing ever.

Old
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I'm just throwing it out there. Actually, some wont have the picks and some wont have the cap space. So I doubt 29 other teams will.
Yea, thats why I said some couldn't afford it (either with picks or money). The point is that he will be a hot commodity with multiple teams offering him the same money, so they only way can beat out those other teams is to become a contender (yea right) or if he really likes the location.

I would love to get Malkin on the offersheet, it would instantly turn this franchise around, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Old
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
He and Dave Gagner are probably neck and neck for our biggest UFA signing ever.
Lance Pitlick!!!!

Old
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Lance Pitlick!!!!
Are you serious? I definitely wouldn't put Pitlick up there.

Old
04-23-2008, 03:08 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Yea, thats why I said some couldn't afford it (either with picks or money). The point is that he will be a hot commodity with multiple teams offering him the same money, so they only way can beat out those other teams is to become a contender (yea right) or if he really likes the location.

I would love to get Malkin on the offersheet, it would instantly turn this franchise around, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Why would anyone even bother to speculate on something so amazingly stupid. This will never happen. This will never happen for 50000000 reasons that Im not wasting time listing. This isnt even a question of getting your hopes up. This is an absolute zero possibility. MALKIN will never sign an offer sheet to come to florida and Pit would trade him before it ever gets to that point.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
How long is he signed with Traktor?
I *believe* his contract runs out in 30/04/2009

04-23-2008, 03:51 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
He is very very small like 5'8 5'9 at best. So no Booth that's for sure, and he isn't a defensive player at all. Basically, he's a a fast skilled and very small forward.

And yes, he's far from NHL ready in my opinion.
Strangely I agree with you

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Are you serious? I definitely wouldn't put Pitlick up there.
I was joking. I just remember being a fan of his in Ottawa and being excited when he came here and he absolutely stunk it up.

Last edited by RCGP: 04-23-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old
04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
Why would anyone even bother to speculate on something so amazingly stupid. This will never happen. This will never happen for 50000000 reasons that Im not wasting time listing. This isnt even a question of getting your hopes up. This is an absolute zero possibility. MALKIN will never sign an offer sheet to come to florida and Pit would trade him before it ever gets to that point.
Its all about the money, if we offered more money then everyone else he would sign, but like I said, lots of teams would give him the max (better teams). Pittsburgh would try to trade him, but if they can't get more value than the 4 1sts they would be smart to to take it.

I never said I thought it would happen either, infact I was giving reasons why it wouldn't happen (such as other teams being more desirable to play for). I don't know why you have to get all upset over harmless speculation.

It is not an "absolute zero possibility". Gretzky was traded, anything is possible, no matter how small the chance.

Old
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Its all about the money, if we offered more money then everyone else he would sign, but like I said, lots of teams would give him the max (better teams). Pittsburgh would try to trade him, but if they can't get more value than the 4 1sts they would be smart to to take it.

I never said I thought it would happen either, infact I was giving reasons why it wouldn't happen (such as other teams being more desirable to play for). I don't know why you have to get all upset over harmless speculation.

It is not an "absolute zero possibility". Gretzky was traded, anything is possible, no matter how small the chance.
This is an absolutley zero. Gretzky wanted out of edmonton to go to a bigger media market. We all know what a huge market south florida is. Malkin will never sign here as a RFA it would be career and marketing suicide. This org. is in shambles why would any top player sign here?

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

If we actually make the playoffs next season, it would go a long way toward correcting that image.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
I was joking. I just remember being a fan of his in Ottawa and being excited when he came here and he absolutely stunk it up.
Yeah, he was hyped up bigtime by the organization too, he was propped up by the system in Ottawa and the great players that surrounded him there. So was a guy like Janne Laukkanen. In part, they helped make that team successful from the mid to late 90's by buying into Martin's system and playing it to perfection, but as the team became a powerhouse they were made to look better than they were by their teammates. Pitlick was a guy who had some good qualities and was good as like a #6 defenseman, but he was relied on too heavily here.

Old
04-23-2008, 07:32 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
This is an absolutley zero. Gretzky wanted out of edmonton to go to a bigger media market. We all know what a huge market south florida is. Malkin will never sign here as a RFA it would be career and marketing suicide. This org. is in shambles why would any top player sign here?
That's completely false. Gretzky was traded because the Oiler's owner was going bankrupt and he needed cash. Gretzky never wanted out, he did agree to the trade.

If we offered him the most money Malkin would sign here. I said that we would be up against more successful franchises already (agreeing with you) but you keep arguing that point with me for some reason. The chance is low, it is not zero.