HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2004, 08:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Phoenix

I noticed that Radulov's older brother is currently in the Blackhawks system. So would imagine that Chicago probably has some interest in him. Picking him at #3 doesn't make sense considering he will almost definately be there at #5, #6, or even #7. Would you take a deal from Pheonix that gives you our #5 pick and our #52 pick for your #3 pick? That would most likely make the top five look something like this: 1. WSH Ovechkin, 2. PIT Malkin, 3. PHO Barker, 4. CBJ Olesz, 5. CHI Radulov.

Old
05-16-2004, 10:42 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
The Blackhawks already have four 2nd rd picks as it is.

They have a lot of good prospects right now, especially up front (Radulov, Vorobiev, Yakubov, Keith, Ellison, Kojevnikov, etc), but what they need is some high-end talent that could be future 1st liners (like Olesz).

As for the Hawks taking Alexander Radulov simply because they already have Igor -- I don't think it'll happen.

Old
05-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Loki_46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I noticed that Radulov's older brother is currently in the Blackhawks system. So would imagine that Chicago probably has some interest in him. Picking him at #3 doesn't make sense considering he will almost definately be there at #5, #6, or even #7. Would you take a deal from Pheonix that gives you our #5 pick and our #52 pick for your #3 pick? That would most likely make the top five look something like this: 1. WSH Ovechkin, 2. PIT Malkin, 3. PHO Barker, 4. CBJ Olesz, 5. CHI Radulov.
since this is not strong of a draft, according to the draft guru. this trade is not worth it imho. radulov is that not all that enticing by what i have been reading and outside the your top 4, it will be rolling the dice.

anyway who said that the hawks will be picking him at 3? getting the extra 2 rounder is not that much of conpensation. even if you tried to throw someone in from the minors, i would be hardpress to accept it, considering losing the talent of a barker or olesez.

Closed Thread