HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Dolphin fans...........

Old
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
sensfan31

vCash: 500
so much for another season

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Jake Long will be a Miami Dolphin. Its official.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3358424
We desperatly need a QB - we suffer through a miserable season to get the first pick and we draft an offensive lineman first overall and give him more money than Hutchinsen makes?

WE NEED A QB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - NOTHING WORKS UNTIL WE GET A QB.

WHAT A WASTE.

PARCELLS BETTER HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE BECAUSE I'M SICK OF WAITING AND PRAYING THE DOLPHINS WILL FINALLY GET A QB WE CAN BUILD AROUND.

How about Taylor for Brady Quinn. - there's a draft day trade.

sensfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan31 View Post
We desperatly need a QB - we suffer through a miserable season to get the first pick and we draft an offensive lineman first overall and give him more money than Hutchinsen makes?

WHAT A WASTE.

PARCELLS BETTER HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE BECAUSE I'M SICK OF WAITING AND PRAYING THE DOLPHINS WILL FINALLY GET A QB WE CAN BUILD AROUND.

How about Taylor and either the 29th or 57th pick to trade up and at least get Brohm.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:

WHAT A WASTE.

If you put Brady or Manning behind our previously weak offensive line, they would be horrible. You have to build a solid offensive line first and that's what we're doing.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I dont think we need a QB just yet. I think we can all agree that Parcells/Ireland/Sporano are a little more qualified at evaluating talent than us, so there must be something they see in Beck. The 2nd round of the draft is going to answer that completely. If they try and trade back into the first for maybe Henne, who they like, then they arent completely sold on Beck. If they go will someone, maybe laike a Flacco or Woodson, then they think Beck is able to be a good QB for us.

I dont think Beck is all that bad of a QB. If you want to go by what happened last season, you arent evaluating him correctly. He has a good arm, is moblie, makes smart decisions, and is a good leader. The problem was is that he was surrounded by garbage. When you have a third string tight end, your 3rd and 4th slotted receivers, and a dumb @ss as a coach calling the shots, you arent exactly put in the best position to succeed. Id like to see what he has going forward with some better talent before we all decide he is a failure.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 12:48 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
If MIA doesnt get any offers no better than a 3rd, then they wont trade him. Miami wants a mid to late 1st rounder for him, and its well worth it. Even though JT is up in age, he can still play and still has a few years left. Parcells will not trade him just to trade him, the value has to be there. I really think come draft day, someone will come with the right offer. I said it today, I expect to see JT traded to Dallas for either their 22nd or 28th pick. Dallas is already a contender, and if they trade for JT and reunite him with Zach, Dallas instantly becomes a favorite. We all know Jerry Jones likes to make noise, and acquiring a Jason Taylor is just that. I really think JT will be traded, and I am going on record to say he will be traded to Dallas.
Age is a big issue. JT will be useful for one or two more years max, that draft pick could be useful for much longer. The Jaguars need a pass rushing DE bad, and I would give up our lower 3rd rounder for him max. Any team that gives more than a 3rd is foolish, if you guys can get more than that then good for you, as long as its not Jacksonville.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:

WHAT A WASTE.

Who says they won't draft a QB later in the draft? Matt Ryan is not a franchise QB and there are questions surrounding guys like Brohm (height), Flacco (why didnt he stay at Pitt) and Henne (questionable record as starter) to make such a big risk of a 2nd rounder on them. Might be smarter to wait a few rounds and snag a guy like Woodson, Ostrander or Ainge. Drafting QBs and RBs early in the draft are hit-or-miss and not worth spending a high pick unless its a clear cut superstar which there aren't many in this draft.

Taylor for Brady Quinn is a joke right? No team wants to trade a late 1st or early 2nd in this yr's draft for Taylor and you think you can get Brady Quinn (a late 1st last yr but would go way before any QB this yr)?? Miami is gonna get no more than a late 2nd for Taylor but might be worth it. Miami can then use one or 2 of its 2nd rounders to move into the mid 1st to get another instant starter, most likely on defense.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 01:27 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Who says they won't draft a QB later in the draft? Matt Ryan is not a franchise QB and there are questions surrounding guys like Brohm (height), Flacco (why didnt he stay at Pitt) and Henne (questionable record as starter) to make such a big risk of a 2nd rounder on them. Might be smarter to wait a few rounds and snag a guy like Woodson, Ostrander or Ainge. Drafting QBs and RBs early in the draft are hit-or-miss and not worth spending a high pick unless its a clear cut superstar which there aren't many in this draft.

Taylor for Brady Quinn is a joke right? No team wants to trade a late 1st or early 2nd in this yr's draft for Taylor and you think you can get Brady Quinn (a late 1st last yr but would go way before any QB this yr)?? Miami is gonna get no more than a late 2nd for Taylor but might be worth it. Miami can then use one or 2 of its 2nd rounders to move into the mid 1st to get another instant starter, most likely on defense.
No Joke. Cleveland has their new franchise QB they just ponies up the dough for. Taylor helps their D and having Quinn sitting on the pine for 2 or 3 years helps them not.

Taylor for Quinn and throw in a second round pick - or heck, trade our wasted first round pick last year for Quinn who we should have drafted to begin with. Useless friggin Ginn.

Miami does not need another second round project QB.

Perhpas Parcells is expecting the first pick next year as well as wasting this first pick on an o-lineman will not help us win any more games. Only a QB can do that and we do not have one. Heck, where's Fiedler - he's sounding better and better these days.

If we get Teebow next year, perhaps it will be worth the wait.

Old
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:

WHAT A WASTE.

Wow bro, do you actually follow football in detail or just watch occasionally? The OL is a huge part of a what makes a QB, not the other way around. Jake Long is an excellent pick. The guy is a monster, 6'7, 313 and is now our future LT. The guy has only given up like 4 sacks and 2 false start penalties in his whole Michigan career. Parcells is building this team from the inside. You need a solid OL to have a solid QB. He addressed that with the FA period and now with this pick of Long. Miami will have a very solid OL, and they are all young so the future is very bright. Long is the real deal and the full football package, mentally and physically. If anyone thinks Long is no good or the wrong pick, they really need to watch college football. Jake Long was the safest pick and thats exactly what Miami did. This was a great move and these are things that happen when you have people in charge who actually know what their doing.

We already have a QB and his name is John Beck. Everyone is so quick to throw this guy under the bus already. HE WAS A ROOKIE, wake up people. He was not supposed to come in and immediately be the savior. Miami now has a REAL coaching staff and if after this year he still hasnt done anything, then you can argue for a new QB. We will have a very solid OL in place this year, so we can expect Beck to have decent numbers. He is also working with the new QB coach, who is the same guy that set up Romo. Again, we have a REAL coaching staff now, so before anyone can judge, this year has to play out first. McCown was a good pickup. He is not bad, but hes not that great. If he plays, at least he has the experience.

Miami will be drafting a QB this year, thats almost a guarantee, and NO, ITS NOT MATT RYAN. I can only say thank god to that. Expect to see a Flacco or Henne drafted by Miami.

I hope you meant Taylor for Quinn as a joke, because that is the worst idea I think Ive ever heard. Quinn is not a Dolphin so get over it. He wont be traded to Miami either. Taylor probably will be traded at the draft, so we all shouldnt be surprised to see it happen.

Parcells is completely rebuilding this team and this is how its done. Most Dolphin fans realize this, and the ones that dont just dont understand football. Just watch how quickly Parcells and Co. have this thing turned around. Long was a great pick, and knowing who we have running the show, we can expect a great draft weekend.

Go Fins.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
If you put Brady or Manning behind our previously weak offensive line, they would be horrible. You have to build a solid offensive line first and that's what we're doing.
Thank you.

Old
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Wow bro, do you actually follow football in detail or just watch occasionally? The OL is a huge part of a what makes a QB, not the other way around. Jake Long is an excellent pick. The guy is a monster, 6'7, 313 and is now our future LT. The guy has only given up like 4 sacks and 2 false start penalties in his whole Michigan career. Parcells is building this team from the inside. You need a solid OL to have a solid QB. He addressed that with the FA period and now with this pick of Long. Miami will have a very solid OL, and they are all young so the future is very bright. Long is the real deal and the full football package, mentally and physically. If anyone thinks Long is no good or the wrong pick, they really need to watch college football. Jake Long was the safest pick and thats exactly what Miami did. This was a great move and these are things that happen when you have people in charge who actually know what their doing.

We already have a QB and his name is John Beck. Everyone is so quick to throw this guy under the bus already. HE WAS A ROOKIE, wake up people. He was not supposed to come in and immediately be the savior. Miami now has a REAL coaching staff and if after this year he still hasnt done anything, then you can argue for a new QB. We will have a very solid OL in place this year, so we can expect Beck to have decent numbers. He is also working with the new QB coach, who is the same guy that set up Romo. Again, we have a REAL coaching staff now, so before anyone can judge, this year has to play out first. McCown was a good pickup. He is not bad, but hes not that great. If he plays, at least he has the experience.

Miami will be drafting a QB this year, thats almost a guarantee, and NO, ITS NOT MATT RYAN. I can only say thank god to that. Expect to see a Flacco or Henne drafted by Miami.

I hope you meant Taylor for Quinn as a joke, because that is the worst idea I think Ive ever heard. Quinn is not a Dolphin so get over it. He wont be traded to Miami either. Taylor probably will be traded at the draft, so we all shouldnt be surprised to see it happen.

Parcells is completely rebuilding this team and this is how its done. Most Dolphin fans realize this, and the ones that dont just dont understand football. Just watch how quickly Parcells and Co. have this thing turned around. Long was a great pick, and knowing who we have running the show, we can expect a great draft weekend.

Go Fins.
Misunderstanding - I agree our o-line sucks, and I agree Long is a good pick - I disagree with paying him as the highest paid O-lineman in football when he has never played a down. We just gave up QB money for an unproven o-lineman.

You're right, I don't watch college ball ( boring to me) so I only know what i read.

We can agree to disagree on Beck. He is useless, his accuracy was brutal with or without an o-line in front of him. It proved that if he has no time, he has no ability to scrable and find an open receiver. Maybe that's because Miami does not have a WR on the roster, or perhaps it is because he sucks. We'll see i guess. Please don't call Ginn a reciever as his hands are clearly made of stone

Old
04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Misunderstanding - I agree our o-line sucks, and I agree Long is a good pick - I disagree with paying him as the highest paid O-lineman in football when he has never played a down. We just gave up QB money for an unproven o-lineman.

You're right, I don't watch college ball ( boring to me) so I only know what i read.

We can agree to disagree on Beck. He is useless, his accuracy was brutal with or without an o-line in front of him. It proved that if he has no time, he has no ability to scrable and find an open receiver. Maybe that's because Miami does not have a WR on the roster, or perhaps it is because he sucks. We'll see i guess. Please don't call Ginn a reciever as his hands are clearly made of stone
Jake will show everyone why he is the #1 pick. Every review of him I watched yesterday, which was about 8 or so, the majority all said this guy will be a pro-bowler and possible HOF. This guy is compared to Jumbo Elliott. This was an excellent pick.

Ginn is still unpolished, but he is a very good WR. He was so underused as WR with Cameron it was ridiculous. In the very limited time he played, he was good. I was happy when we drafted him, and was very happy with his play, even though it was very limited. This regime wont make the same mistake, they will use him properly. Ginn and Wilford be a much better WR combo than people think.

Old
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Jake will show everyone why he is the #1 pick. Every review of him I watched yesterday, which was about 8 or so, the majority all said this guy will be a pro-bowler and possible HOF. This guy is compared to Jumbo Elliott. This was an excellent pick.

Ginn is still unpolished, but he is a very good WR. He was so underused as WR with Cameron it was ridiculous. In the very limited time he played, he was good. I was happy when we drafted him, and was very happy with his play, even though it was very limited. This regime wont make the same mistake, they will use him properly. Ginn and Wilford be a much better WR combo than people think.
You mean the same Wilford that the Jags dumped because of all those pro bowl WR's in front of him on their roster.

Old
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Long is the right pick. He's the first pick if the draft, the pay comes with the territory. Matt Ryan doesn't make sense when you have Beck and McCown there who can be serviceable this year when the O-Line still needs a lot of work. Especially with a 6'7 wall in Long sitting there who's incredibly physical but is good enough to rarely take a penalty. Right move, right team, right for the re-build.

Beck and Ginn are both coming off rookie seasons and were on a team with poor players at a lot of the positions. You can't measure those occurances against what they can do for their careers. Ginn's likely not a #1 and we need to get a receiver, but he should be a solid #2 and return man.

This team is in full RE-BUILD mode, especially if Taylor is traded. People shouldn't be expecting this team to make a run at the SuperBowl and probably not the playoffs. If it happens, outstanding, but it's not likely. By acquiring Jake, Miami is fixing an area that's been in dire straits for some time and is doing a great job at it. They've still got another 8 picks on top of Long with 4 of them in the first 64. That means 5 of the first 64 draftees will be Miami Dolphins, unless Miami gets more picks or trades them for something else. Not too bad for a team that's been passing out draft picks for the likes of Feeley, Culpepper, etc.

04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Long is the right pick. He's the first pick if the draft, the pay comes with the territory. Matt Ryan doesn't make sense when you have Beck and McCown there who can be serviceable this year when the O-Line still needs a lot of work. Especially with a 6'7 wall in Long sitting there who's incredibly physical but is good enough to rarely take a penalty. Right move, right team, right for the re-build.

Beck and Ginn are both coming off rookie seasons and were on a team with poor players at a lot of the positions. You can't measure those occurances against what they can do for their careers. Ginn's likely not a #1 and we need to get a receiver, but he should be a solid #2 and return man.

This team is in full RE-BUILD mode, especially if Taylor is traded. People shouldn't be expecting this team to make a run at the SuperBowl and probably not the playoffs. If it happens, outstanding, but it's not likely. By acquiring Jake, Miami is fixing an area that's been in dire straits for some time and is doing a great job at it. They've still got another 8 picks on top of Long with 4 of them in the first 64. That means 5 of the first 64 draftees will be Miami Dolphins, unless Miami gets more picks or trades them for something else. Not too bad for a team that's been passing out draft picks for the likes of Feeley, Culpepper, etc.
Thank you. Ive been saying this forever. Its amazing how some people cant understand this.

As for the WR, I think we will be drafting one too. Its not going to happen, but if by some chance James Hardy falls to #32, there is no way we can pass on him. Talk about a big receiver. All I know is, we can expect to see a QB and a WR drafted this weekend. When is anyones guess, but its good to see we finally have someone with the balls to rebuild this team.

Old
04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Rattrick

Well said Laus. I am most definitely not expecting the Dolphins to be real competitive next year. I'd say getting rid of Cameron guarantees us at least three more wins, but after that it's up in the air.

Personally, I'd rather suck next year because as you've said, we are in full rebuild mode.

Old
04-23-2008, 04:20 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Well said Laus. I am most definitely not expecting the Dolphins to be real competitive next year. I'd say getting rid of Cameron guarantees us at least three more wins, but after that it's up in the air.

Personally, I'd rather suck next year because as you've said, we are in full rebuild mode.
Well ten we should have kept Cameron - if we are not planning on making the playoffs, we may as well compete for the first pick next year and take Teebow to fix our biggest hole.

Old
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Well ten we should have kept Cameron - if we are not planning on making the playoffs, we may as well compete for the first pick next year and take Teebow to fix our biggest hole.
I don't know why everyone assumes Tebow will leave college. He has said in the past he'd like to stay and get his degree and based on how he was brought up, I'd bet he does.

Old
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Teebow? Teebow wont do anything in the NFL, you heard it here first.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 04:46 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Right on. There are alot of people who think otherwise, but I agree, he wont do anything in the NFL.

Old
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Quote:
Right on. There are alot of people who think otherwise, but I agree, he wont do anything in the NFL.
I will disagree...to a certain extent. Besides, you arent the first one to say so But I think he wont be a QB in the NFL cause of many factors (mostly my gut instinct). If he converts to a FB/power RB, then he could be a pretty good pro player however. Guess thats where I would say I disagree because I think he could be a good pro, just not as a QB.

Oh and its just Tebow...not Teebow.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
sensfan31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I will disagree...to a certain extent. Besides, you arent the first one to say so But I think he wont be a QB in the NFL cause of many factors (mostly my gut instinct). If he converts to a FB/power RB, then he could be a pretty good pro player however. Guess thats where I would say I disagree because I think he could be a good pro, just not as a QB.

Oh and its just Tebow...not Teebow.
I disagree,

He's a White version if Mike Vick with work ethic and no gangsta enerage.

I think he's going to be a great one

I think he had like 30 some rushing td and 30 some passing TD's last year. That's a first ever i think for a college QB

Old
04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
PanthersRule96

I watch Tebow every game of the year being a Gator and all. I'm skeptical as to how good of a pro he will be, as he's a beast of a QB, but with the defensive players, size, and hitting ability in the NFL, his running game isn't going to be as incredible as it is in college. It could still be really good though. He's not as fast and shifty as Vick, so he's not going to be able to juke out defenders, rather, he'll have to go right through them, which will be more difficult in the NFL. There's absolutely no way Tebow leaves for the draft next year. He's living his dream thus far at UF, and has several programs he's working with. He's a star here, everyone loves him, and he's focused on getting an education, as his goal isn't to become a football player, but to become someone who "uses football as a tool to do greater things in life after football," and to do that, he's going to want to have a college degree. Some of these exclusive interviews he gives are pretty interesting, and highly doubt you see him leave for the NFL as he has no reason to. He doesn't need the money, and he has other things he's focusing on before he goes to the NFL (mission trips to Latin America, etc..).

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 05:47 PM
sensfan31

slightly off topic -

Opinions on Miami going after Chad Johson or Sean Alexander?

Old
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
slightly off topic -

Opinions on Miami going after Chad Johson or Sean Alexander?

My personal opinion is nay and nay. Ocho Cinco doesn't fit on this young rebuilding team. By the time we need him, Chad would be old hat. Alexander, on the other hand, is already old hat and our running corps is good enough for now. I don't see the benefit in acquiring either.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
My personal opinion is nay and nay. Ocho Cinco doesn't fit on this young rebuilding team. By the time we need him, Chad would be old hat. Alexander, on the other hand, is already old hat and our running corps is good enough for now. I don't see the benefit in acquiring either.
Agree completely! Parcels won't go after big names like that for a rebuilding year!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote