HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Would Preissing have made the all rookie team?

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Would Preissing have made the all rookie team?

I have to say that I've been quite impressed with the play of Tom Preissing all season. He had a slow start while he adjusted to the pro game but he really picked up his play. I thought he would just be an offensive dman for the PP but he's really had a solid all around game. I'm curious to know if he would be on one of the all rookie teams if he was eligible. I think I would put him on the 2nd team or at least in the running for it. The Sharks got a good one here. Any other thoughts?

Old
04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
I have to say that I've been quite impressed with the play of Tom Preissing all season. He had a slow start while he adjusted to the pro game but he really picked up his play. I thought he would just be an offensive dman for the PP but he's really had a solid all around game. I'm curious to know if he would be on one of the all rookie teams if he was eligible. I think I would put him on the 2nd team or at least in the running for it. The Sharks got a good one here. Any other thoughts?
I pretty much echo your thoughts...you really have to watch his game to realize all the things he does well....He's just so dang solid.....His offensive game hasnt come along yet...He was amazing in College..but his defensive work has been outstanding and I thought he was robbed of the All rookie team or 2nd team.

Old
04-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Can someone please send me a link to this All-Rookie Team? I keep hearing about it, and people *****in about it, but i still can't figure out who's on.

Old
04-17-2004, 01:36 PM
X-SHARKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
Can someone please send me a link to this All-Rookie Team? I keep hearing about it, and people *****in about it, but i still can't figure out who's on.
I my self was refering to the one on hockeysfuture.com

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
04-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Umm, Preissing WAS eligible for rookie status this season, so I'm not sure what this thread is all about.

Old
04-17-2004, 02:57 PM
X-SHARKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Umm, Preissing WAS eligible for rookie status this season, so I'm not sure what this thread is all about.

We think he deserved to be on the all rookie team.

Old
04-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27

Thanks for the mature response, a simple "Preissing is eligible for the all rookie team" would have done just fine. The emphasis on WAS wasn't exactly necessary. I wasn't sure about his age and whether or not he would be eligible for it. He was named which is why I was curious about it. Know the reasons behind a post before you attack someone.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Kegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
Thanks for the mature response, a simple "Preissing is eligible for the all rookie team" would have done just fine. The emphasis on WAS wasn't exactly necessary. I wasn't sure about his age and whether or not he would be eligible for it. He was named which is why I was curious about it. Know the reasons behind a post before you attack someone.
A real quick look at eligible rookies, IMO shows that there are 4 others that played better than he this season. Liles, Pitkanen, Bergeron, and Martin. And IF not for Hamhuis' "fishy" +/-, I might say he finished better than Tom as well. Hey I agree Preissing had a great season, and was a wonderful addition to the Sharks blueline this season...but hey, you cannot become complacent with other players; other teams as well.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Kritty,
emphasis was used not to attack but rather to find out why the thread had been started in the first place. If you took it as an attack, sorry but clearly that wasn't my intention.

Closed Thread