HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAME TAKES: Mtl 4 Phi: 3 OT - Habs lead series 1-0

Old
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Privately, a lot of us Flyers fans were expecting a spanking tonight (which, in some ways would have been more tolerable) since the Flyers were spent. However, it looks like it will be a long series since the Flyers were skating with and even outskating the Habs during the 3rd period.
heh um, 1st goal went off our own player stick, your 3rd goal went off your players skate

we hit posts, and we missed a penalty shot

You guys are lucky it wasnt 4-0

BUT, ill take the win with grain of salt, its 1 game, MOVE on to the next and focus, and i understand that philly CAN make it a series, but calm down if you think it was THAT tight

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
emb24*

and take dandenault out and play latendresse or stewart or ryder. i don't care

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Luongo2008*

this is gonna be a crazy series

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:41 PM
hockeyguy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
heh um, 1st goal went off our own player stick, your 3rd goal went off your players skate

BUT, ill take the win with grain of salt, its 1 game, MOVE on to the next and focus, and i understand that philly CAN make it a series, but calm down if you think it was THAT tight

You my friend are out to lunch to think it wasnt. Could have went either way cuz thems the breaks

hockeyguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Yeah, but apparently being from around Montreal and refusing a contract makes you an honorary citizen for life... whether you want to be or not .

At least Leonard Cohen is from Montreal... though his car was probably burned a few days ago.
Not really paying attention to any of your posts, and with reason, but , i LOVE its always sunny in philadelphia and i think charlie is one of the funniest characters ive ever seen, and the other guy who thinks hes tough is great too

Old
04-24-2008, 09:43 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

Way to jump on the one Non-Habs fan that wants to make nice with us...
I'm sorry but Philly was way faster than we were at some points and I was nervous about them for extended periods of time during that game. Not the whole game, just bits and pieces of it.
That said. I knew we had it. Even though, at times, the Flyers did outplay the Habs.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy10 View Post
You my friend are out to lunch to think it wasnt. Could have went either way cuz thems the breaks
lol keep thinking that buddy, NO WAY we were losing that game to 2 fluky ***y ass goals like that, Price will show you guys hes the REALER real deal saturday

Old
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
HabsoluteFate

What kind of drugs is Philly's head coach?

Direct quote from him: "the breaks went their way"

Everything went Philly's way in the 1st period...and then the kicked in goal

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
David_99

Holy crap, the Flyers board is going ape **** over there. "Screw job by the refs" "Toronto gave that goal to Kovy" "BS call shouldn't have been called at the end of a game".

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Way to jump on the one Non-Habs fan that wants to make nice with us...
I'm sorry but Philly was way faster than we were at some points and I was nervous about them for extended periods of time during that game. Not the whole game, just bits and pieces of it.
That said. I knew we had it. Even though, at times, the Flyers did outplay the Habs.
Yeah yeah calm down, im just sick of hearing how amazingly close it was because of 2 **** goals that hurt our momentum and concentration/focus for a couple periods of time. OK YEAH the game overall, pretty even, but there are REASONS for that, and i see a completely different game come saturday, philly got all the breaks and lucky goals, and they still lost, soooo well see

Old
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm happy that montreal found a way to win, but both teams are capable of playing better. Maybe the game was a letdown on both sides coming off a game 7. I expect the emotions to pick up as the teams develop a hate for each other.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
mrCoffea*

I'm just sick of seeing Dandenault chew gum like a cow chews grass every time they show the habs bench

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
animalchin

i can see a case for the richards penalty, but are people actually that upset over the kovalev goal? the ref called it a goal, and no video replay showed any contact witht the puck above the crossbar.

what goes around comes around...only instead of having a game 7 handed to the flyers - now they got relatively mildly ripped on a game 1...expect more.

animalchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
hockeyguy10

Quote:
lol keep thinking that buddy, NO WAY we were losing that game to 2 fluky ***y ass goals like that, Price will show you guys hes the REALER real deal saturday

Yes you guys won, yes we had some breaks, but seriously buddy thats what you look for in a road game. You look those ****** goals to get you over the hump. So dont insult me with you nonsense and that you beat the crap out of us tonight because the way lots of people see it is that we were 30 seconds away from a perfect road win, breaks or not.

Old
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
i can see a case for the richards penalty, but are people actually that upset over the kovalev goal? the ref called it a goal, and no video replay showed any contact witht the puck above the crossbar.

what goes around comes around...only instead of having a game 7 handed to the flyers - now they got relatively mildly ripped on a game 1...expect more.
They have Boston fans telling them they were screwed and that it'll only get worse as the series goes on as the refs are in the Habs favor. Gimme a break.

Old
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
What kind of drugs is Philly's head coach?

Direct quote from him: "the breaks went their way"

Everything went Philly's way in the 1st period...and then the kicked in goal
Really though. We hit 2 posts in the first and they get 2 fluke goals. I dont think their goal was kicked in. Looked legit to me, seemed to just hit his leg and roll on into the net. Complaining about kovalevs goal is stupid. It looked to have been under the bar when he hit it but there was no camera angle to show this, the ref signaled a goal at first therefore if theres no conclusive view to show it was tipped high its a goal. No question richards hit kovy with a knee at the end of the game. It was an ugly game from us but we're up 1-0. Love the guys heart making the comeback late and hope they play a more complete game saturday. Go Habs Go

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
hockeyguy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Holy crap, the Flyers board is going ape **** over there. "Screw job by the refs" "Toronto gave that goal to Kovy" "BS call shouldn't have been called at the end of a game".

I think that thread was a carry over from last series. It was a penalty whether we like it or not. Richards should have just stood him up instead of skating towards him.

Old
04-24-2008, 09:56 PM
David_99

My biggets problem is with the way the Habs came out. They told us for the past few days that they wouldn't take any team lightly and assured us they would come out strong and give 100%. We were lucky to win that one. Did they not lrean anything? Both teams should come back better next game.

Old
04-24-2008, 09:58 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRus View Post
We stole one, but I ain't complaining!
No, we earned this win. Stealing a win would refer to a team being outplayed and getting lucky. Montreal dominated the faceoff circle, outshot the Flyers, better on special teams as they got a SH goal and PP goal. Both teams were 1 for 2 on the PP, so anyone saying the refs decided this game is nuts. Both teams also had a goal reviewed and were not overturned.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Go dominate the last three. Go Habs.

04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
mtl_felix

Cant we sit Dandy just yet? Man is he USELESS!

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
They have Boston fans telling them they were screwed and that it'll only get worse as the series goes on as the refs are in the Habs favor. Gimme a break.
People should know better than to listen to Ruins fans about anything to do with the Habs. I'm sure the Goon fans are smarter than that...
Right?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
No, we earned this win. Stealing a win would refer to a team being outplayed and getting lucky. Montreal dominated the faceoff circle, outshot the Flyers, better on special teams as they got a SH goal and PP goal. Both teams were 1 for 2 on the PP, so anyone saying the refs decided this game is nuts. Both teams also had a goal reviewed and were not overturned.
the shots were 34 - 33, so not really a good argument.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
33Roy33

The thing I like so much about this years team is that we win games we don't deserve. That goes a long way in the playoffs!

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffie709 View Post
The thing I like so much about this years team is that we win games we don't deserve. That goes a long way in the playoffs!
WHY do people say we didnt deserve this game??????

not deserving a game is when your outplayed, dont tell me we got outplayed tonight.
they scored 2 full of **** goals.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote