HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers coach...'We Didin't get any Breaks...."

Old
04-25-2008, 01:02 AM
HF-Addict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
Carters stick breaking on a face off is not a break for you? Don't act like the Habs were completely responsible for their victory. They had some help.
It isn't us who said: "We didn'T get any breaks'

For the record:

Richards' penalty was justified. Refs called it tripping I believe. But either way it was both a trip and a knee on knee. Yes he hit him with the shoulder but not enough to stop Kovalev so his knee by instinct stuck out to prevent him from advancing. This is a normal reaction to anyone, but a penalty.

And the Kovy goal 'high stick' was good.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:05 AM
snap-bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN View Post
Yeah Stevens helped us alot by putting Biron in nets. I'm 100% sure we will see Niittymaki before the end of this series. Biron is the lamest goalie in the playoffs right now. I would choose alot of 2nd goalies from teams in the playoffs right now before I choose Biron.

Halak, Budaj, Hasek or Osgood (depending on who you think is backup), Boucher, and I would even think about using Holmqvist or Conklin before him.
are you high? Biron has been one of the best goalies in the playoffs so far.

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
and umberger had to shoot to puck for breezy to put it in. Same thing. You're team just ended up with one more break and took advantage of it. There is nothing wrong with that.
Umberger passed it and Brisebois intercepted it and put it into his net. The two aren't even close to the same.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Natural Habs Fan

We had to deal with Boston in the first round and now we're going to have to deal with Philly this round. I think we should just collectively agree to ignore it.

IMO Montreal was the better team tonight.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:06 AM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Why don't you all take a step back for a second and realize that he's probably specifically referring to the officiating? While I'm sure you're all going to tell me that he's an idiot in that case too....at least be intelligent enough to try and understand what he is actually trying to suggest.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:37 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Why don't you all take a step back for a second and realize that he's probably specifically referring to the officiating? While I'm sure you're all going to tell me that he's an idiot in that case too....at least be intelligent enough to try and understand what he is actually trying to suggest.
Oh the officiating!. He wanted an official to score one for them too?

That was about the most reffing neutral game I have seen in the playoffs. What kind of break is he expecting? Not calling that cut and dried trip?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Marksman

Losing coaches say wackiest things. For us its only a good thing Stevens is looking for excuses instead of thinking adjustments his teamneeds to make for saturdays game.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:52 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Carters stick breaking on a face off is not a break for you? Don't act like the Habs were completely responsible for their victory. They had some help.
No one here is saying we didnt have any, we had... and we made the best of it...

Now, leading 2-0 and later on 3-2... he wanted a break... how about his team playing tighter defense ??

of course not, it's Stevens, he wanted more luck...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:46 AM
onice

Of course Stevens' comment makes no sense but the Habs better wake up because this kinda effort ain't gonna cut it with the Pens or Rangers.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:52 AM
E = CH²

The flyers got breaks, the habs got breaks, the habs made the most out of it, the habs won.

The end.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:03 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
It's Stevens-speak for "we got screwed" without him getting pissed off.

You hit 3 posts and got stopped on a penalty shot, that should have been all the breaks we needed.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

You hit 3 posts and got stopped on a penalty shot, that should have been all the breaks we needed.
Which is still logically wrong. Unless losing is enough to warrant "being screwed over".

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Not like the Flyers ever benefited from the officiating these playoffs...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:06 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Voila.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Bouchard

Final score was 4-3 habs, I think the scoreboard speaks for itself. The only real debate would be the Kovalev high stick/goal. It was quite clear to me that the puck hit his stick on the bottom of his blade, and that the only part of his stick above the crossbar was the tip when contact was made.

Whatever, we win 4-3, Habs up 1-0...end of discussion

Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:

Jeez - you Flyers fans never give us a break - we never get any breaks from you guys!

We are intelligent - give us a break!

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer])
2) Breezer scored a goal for the Flyers
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

but Coach Stevens thinks his team got no breaks in the game! WOW!!!

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM

GO HABS GO!
That's pretty comical...I think even the most biased and die hard of Flyers fans would agree that they got quite a few breaks in that game. There was also a puck that snuck by Biron and was behind him...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It's debatable if that was a factor in the goal or not, he may have still lost the faceoff even if his stick had not broken...Koivu did not even win that draw clean.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:48 AM
RC51

strange game over all.
Both teams will play better in the next games.

Yes 2 posts and at least two other times the puck gets behind Biron and LUCK plays it's part. Oh yeah! A penilty shot. and then nearly all loose pucks land close to Flyer players all game long.
Add in a gift goal and and a bounce off a leg.
Anybody that thinks the Flyers got no breaks is nuts.

The Habs did get 1 piece of luck when Carters stick broke at the faceoff on the Kovalev goal.

Flyers almost stole the game in a very strange game. Flyer cashed in on luck and tried to ride the result in the third but the luck finally went the other way before the game ended and the Habs won it.

So now both teams will size up each other and the real game will start. They are not playing the Bruins or the Caps anymore.

But the Flyers should be more scared. with a ton of luck they still lost the game ( ouch), never in the game did the Flyers dominate and look dangerous for 3 shifts in a row ( ouch) and Briere was totally contained ( ouch)

Flyers will play better but so will the Habs ( ouch)

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Bullsmith

I bet Stevens regrets that little comment. In the end the breaks didn't go his way, fair enough, but his team certainly got a couple of them.

It was a game of flukey goals and shakey saves. Icing on the cake that along with winning, we got their coach to make a fool of himself.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 07:53 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer])
2) Breezer scored a goal for the Flyers
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

but Coach Stevens thinks his team got no breaks in the game! WOW!!!

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM

GO HABS GO!
I've seen post game interviews from him before and he always is crying about something or giving some sort of excuse. I guess one see's it more of excuse making when you see the whole game and not just the highlites over the season.
He is a classic blame it on the other team and the refs type of coach why we lost.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
What was wrong with the reffing?

Each team got two penalties, is that lopsided? If your questioning the Richards penalty at the end I'm sorry but when you aren't moving your legs like Richards and plant your leg and stick into the player with his legs moving your going to get called for tripping or kneeing. The Komisarek penalty where he is skating back and Upshall is pulling on him and interfering with him was way worse of a call because that penalty could of went either way.

And if your refering to the 2nd goal that was reviewed that was not left to the ref to decide. It went to NHL review in Toronto and they found it to be a goal, they didn't say that they didn't see a good angle then making it inconclusive, thus leaving it to the official to call. They found the ruling to be good and it was determined that they agreed that from video evidence his stick was not over the cross bar.

John Stevens is the new Pat Quinn of crying about not getting the breaks or the reffing calls.

Old
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

The Flyers should be out already as they got a "break" when they ran Huet and scored. If you get to play against Patrice Brisebois and Mathieu Dandenault and you still complain about not getting any breaks there is definately something wrong.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
RE-HABS

I don't know why Stevens is saying such comments when his own player Briere said that both teams had some breaks and ugly goals scored. It could of went either way.

Even Price said that he and Biron both let in some goals they would like back, I don't see where the Philly media thinks one out played the other and that Montreal got the calls?

Old
04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
neofury*

if I see a flyers fan in real life I'll just --->

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote