HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fan pouring beer on Richards

Old
04-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Spectaculard
Trout109HR330RBI407R

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
A hab fan pours beer on the opposing teams player after a questionable hit: OUTRAGE!!!

A boston fan URINATES on on people's heads: lol habs fans deserve it.

But seriously, its just a beer. Stop the crying.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:10 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I didn't see the fan throw the beer on Richards. But I did see the liquid running down the glass in front of him. That definitely wasn't a bit of beer.

What difference does it make if it was a quarter cup or a full cup? Yes its disrespectful, but it will never hurt anybody.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I wouldn't do it and if it did happen (still no footage) the guy should be thrown out. But no I don't find it particularly horrible to be quite honest. So Richards was a bit sticky afterward. He'll live.
Well I don't think it was a question of his health. Obviously, there was no "harm" done.

It's still a completely stupid thing to do. The mentality that this is thought of as okay for some reason by some people is beyond my comprehension...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I once saw a dude throwing his poutine on a player's jersey during a semi-pro game...

Laval - Verdun (at the time) was the biggest rivalry.

classeless but funny. It's just semi-pro anyway, even the players are classeless idiots

I miss my Chiefs.

04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
just passing through....

A few years back going to Gillette Stadium to se the Patriots play was an ordeal with stuff like this.

What the Kraft family did was to make as rule was you get thrown out immediately obviously..but moreso if it was a season ticket ( over 95% are) you lose them. Even if you "lent" somebody your tickets for a game. As the season ticket holder you decided to do it, take the risk so to speak.

At first there was outrage. But I can tell you there has been a whole lot less shenanigans since.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
Jigger, what kind of fish is that on ure avatare, a pike?
Yup. Just letting her go.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
Well I don't think it was a question of his health. Obviously, there was no "harm" done.

It's still a completely stupid thing to do. The mentality that this is thought of as okay for some reason by some people is beyond my comprehension...
People do stupid things all the time everywhere. If I stopped to worry about it every time I'd go nuts.

Old
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Spectaculard
Trout109HR330RBI407R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Personaly, I'd never do something like that. But when someone else does it, im not really bothered by it like some people here.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Yup. Just letting her go.

I love to catch and realease, plus pike has to many bones, not the best fish to eat.

Man i can't wait to get my fishing rod out! Fishing season is opening next week man!

I love the bass fishing around here, i did some on the st-laurence river last year... was ok.
I wish i had a boat on the st-laurence, there some crazy good fishing near mtl island

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Habs

You people wouldn't be so forgiving if Richards had taken Kovalev out of the series with that knee.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
I love to catch and realease, plus pike has to many bones, not the best fish to eat.

Man i can't wait to get my fishing rod out! Fishing season is opening next week man!

I love the bass fishing around here, i did some on the st-laurence river last year... was ok.
I wish i had a boat on the st-laurence, there some crazy good fishing near mtl island
Little OT guys here sorry but yeah I know how to fillet pike. I keep 1 or 2 in the early season when the water is still cold but I release the large majority. I'll pm you a link to a little blog I run on lake St-Francis (just out of Montreal). I think you'd be interested.

Old
04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Judge Sauer*

I'm sure he got thrown out and deservedly so, I'm sure the only part he regrets is not getting to seeing the tieing and winning goals.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbufkle View Post
the off officials still wear helmets in the penalty box in Philly??
I haven't noticed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

It's not cool to waste a beer like that.

But who gives a crap? Players used to bring 2-3 changes of gear when they came to Winnipeg due to stuff getting tossed at them and nobody ever died from it. Does it make you cool to do that? No, it makes you a stupid jerk. But it's not exactly the first time someone in the box got "showered" from the crowd.

Total non-story.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Maximus Taylor

the problem is, as a montrealer, i was already tired of being depicted as a *** frog separatist coward (french in ww2... makes no sense, i know, i know) by idiots on boards, but now, i'm also a rioting, anthem booing, beer-throwing, over-confident *** frog separatist coward. I mean, at some point, it starts to sting a little.

i just wished those idiot "fans" would stop giving people ammunition. Worst part is, at some point, everyone generalizes a bit (even I do here!).

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
HabuseMoi

I thought it was funny, I would also laugh if it happened to one of our player, it's not like he got a glass bottle thrown at him.

and with the price of the beer at the Bell center it should include the right to pour it on a opposing players

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
What difference does it make if it was a quarter cup or a full cup? Yes its disrespectful, but it will never hurt anybody.
I don't know where you got that from my post. My point was that it wasn't a little bit of liquid being thrown, that's it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
_DrMario_

That's terrible. Did Richards survive?

_DrMario_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
DG

Quote:
People do stupid things all the time everywhere. If I stopped to worry about it every time I'd go nuts.
Well yeah, ok... not stopping to worry about it is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You people wouldn't be so forgiving if Richards had taken Kovalev out of the series with that knee.
Even if Richards had two-handed Kovalev's ankle and shattered it, fans still shouldn't throw stuff at the players...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
just passing through....

A few years back going to Gillette Stadium to se the Patriots play was an ordeal with stuff like this.

What the Kraft family did was to make as rule was you get thrown out immediately obviously..but moreso if it was a season ticket ( over 95% are) you lose them. Even if you "lent" somebody your tickets for a game. As the season ticket holder you decided to do it, take the risk so to speak.

At first there was outrage. But I can tell you there has been a whole lot less shenanigans since.
I'd think that if a season ticket holder, gave someone his tickets and his actions cost him his tickets, said sth, would be very careful which yahoo with low impulse control he bestowed the privilege on, as word got out. I like it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It may not be a big deal to you but it is to most civilized people. What would make fans do it? Is it a reflection on their dysfunctional families? Of course it is.
Most civilized people would find it stupid, just like I think its stupid.
To make a big deal out of it though..is too much.

Most civilized people know there are far far far more things in life that needs attention and that are BIG deals..
A drunk fan dropping a beer on a player is not one of them. It happens very frequently..its stupid and thats it. who cares

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Richards isn't like that. In this play, he didn't mean to get his knee out there like that, but it just so happen to as he tried to stop and move back in the way of him.

This is just as bad as Carter getting smoked with a beer bottle.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob De Funes View Post
the problem is, as a montrealer, i was already tired of being depicted as a *** frog separatist coward (french in ww2... makes no sense, i know, i know) by idiots on boards, but now, i'm also a rioting, anthem booing, beer-throwing, over-confident *** frog separatist coward. I mean, at some point, it starts to sting a little.

i just wished those idiot "fans" would stop giving people ammunition. Worst part is, at some point, everyone generalizes a bit (even I do here!).
Read p2 of today's Gazette. Some moron was arrested and said that he was once mis-treated by police, when asked why he felt justified in throwing bottles at them.

The guy was at a friend's, watching the game, and decided to go downtown to celebrate ? Reading, I was already getting the 'stupid' vibe. He was very upset at being bruised when tackled and had to wait in a cell with what he considered an an unsavory lot. He said that bad publicity may cost him his 2 jobs.

He didn't want people to think he was a bad person. I thought that the Gazette did a good job of just printing his comments, without editorializing. There's no better way to expose a moron than by giving him a platform.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Iwishihadacup

talk about spoiling beer!!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Montreal Shadow

I don't think he should be banned for life because he probably did this because of the emotion. But that's not cool at all, we should respect the other team and show a good image. Seriously, that guy is a ******.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote