HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Flyers coach...'We Didin't get any Breaks...."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
  #51
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Seriously.
Can we come to an agreement to not go on the Flyers board anymore? All the whining is getting tiresome from some of their fans. We should stay on our board or go to the main board for discussions, you want to chat about the game with a Flyers fan? Do it on the main board.
Every one of our posts over there is being viewed as trolling or flaming than someone will come along and complain about how the Bruins were "right about the Habs fans" all along.
Oh, as for Stevens' comments, tough it out buddy, your an NHL coach, look for ways to improve not excuses. Imroving goes a lot further than feeling bad about the game.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:00 AM
  #52
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,675
vCash: 500
One day people will realize that press conferences doesn't really exist to actually say what is really on your mind but either sending the league a message or to send your own players messages.....

While Carbo is pretty different from the other coaches, 'cause it seems to me that he really speaks his mind, others are not like him. And Carbo did use the medias as well to get his message through for the league and his players to understand.

I believe Stevens didn't have the intention on being too hard on his guys. This is only game 1 after all.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:04 AM
  #53
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
No breaks? LOL they had breaks on all 3 of their goals that they wouldn't ordinarily get. Breezer scores on his own net; Price fails to freeze the puck with his glove and they score on that same rush; the puck bounces out of Price's glove and off the flyers shin on the side of the net and in.

I'd say they got way more breaks then they would in an average game.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
  #54
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Seriously.
Can we come to an agreement to not go on the Flyers board anymore? All the whining is getting tiresome from some of their fans. We should stay on our board or go to the main board for discussions, you want to chat about the game with a Flyers fan? Do it on the main board.
Every one of our posts over there is being viewed as trolling or flaming than someone will come along and complain about how the Bruins were "right about the Habs fans" all along.
Oh, as for Stevens' comments, tough it out buddy, your an NHL coach, look for ways to improve not excuses. Imroving goes a lot further than feeling bad about the game.
Oh God I think I've learnt my lesson from the Boston series. Mods will delete almost any post that might have a hint of flame in it. I haven't gone on the FLyers board yet but I'm sure it is pretty funny.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
  #55
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer])
2) Breezer scored a goal for the Flyers
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

but Coach Stevens thinks his team got no breaks in the game! WOW!!!

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM

GO HABS GO!

I can't believe an actual NHL coach just said those words after his team had so many lucky breaks!!!
We hit 2 posts in the 1st, Breezer scored the Flyers first goal and Lupul's goal was a borderline kicked-in goal.....but they didn't get any breaks.....good lord!!!

Open your eyes Stevens!!! You had lots of breaks, your team just didn't capitalize on their breaks as well as the Habs did on theirs.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
  #56
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,854
vCash: 500
I had to laugh at the 3 Sportsnet analysts commenting on the game. They said the Habs got all of the lucky bounces, though to me all 4 Habs goals were earned goals unlike the 1st and 3rd Flyers goals. Those 2 were indeed lucky goals. Strange, the Sportsnet analysts neglected to comment on those goals.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
  #57
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Stevens is a terrible coach

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
  #58
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Wow what a loser. Any team that concentrates that much on coincidental things like penalties, refing, goal posts, whatever is not concentrating enough on things that can be controlled in the game. I really think its a bad omen for any body asscociated with an organization to start grasping at all the things that arent fair. Look at Cherry backs the Leafs, done. Backs the Bruins, done. Backs the Flames, done. Now hes wearing a Habs tie?
Take that bloody thing off.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
  #59
hockeyguy10
 
hockeyguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaal View Post
that team has been blessed throughout the playoffs.

With what, skill and determination?!

hockeyguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:35 PM
  #60
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I had to laugh at the 3 Sportsnet analysts commenting on the game. They said the Habs got all of the lucky bounces, though to me all 4 Habs goals were earned goals unlike the 1st and 3rd Flyers goals. Those 2 were indeed lucky goals. Strange, the Sportsnet analysts neglected to comment on those goals.
Its ok cause most of all the networks are anti-habs. On the Score, Osborne finally admitted that he was anti-Habs. First round he said the habs would lose because they arent tough enough and then he said that we would lose to the Flyers for the same reasons. Kouleas looked at him funny like; "common..." and then Kouleas said: "You're going against them because you're anti-Habs" and Osborne said "Its true". Its weird, now that he came out of the closet, i dont hate him as much...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
  #61
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I have no sympathy for a coach whose players get so many suspensions for dirty hits. So take it, Stevens, the Flyers lost. Maybe next game your thugs will get away with their crap.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
  #62
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy10 View Post
With what, skill and determination?!
Doesn't have the same ring to it as "Leaf Nation", but appropriate.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:02 PM
  #63
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Should we start a thread about how officiating screwed us with the penalty given to Komisarek that lead to their 3rd goal? That was a pretty lame call.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
  #64
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Wow what a loser. Any team that concentrates that much on coincidental things like penalties, refing, goal posts, whatever is not concentrating enough on things that can be controlled in the game. I really think its a bad omen for any body asscociated with an organization to start grasping at all the things that arent fair. Look at Cherry backs the Leafs, done. Backs the Bruins, done. Backs the Flames, done. Now hes wearing a Habs tie?
Take that bloody thing off.
dutchy29,

Good one!
Agreed, having Cherry back the Habs is like receiving the "Kisss of Death"!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
  #65
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Should we start a thread about how officiating screwed us with the penalty given to Komisarek that lead to their 3rd goal? That was a pretty lame call.
No, because it doesn't do any good, and besides, the Habs won and the Flyers didn't commit mayhem.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
  #66
kernkraft
Registered User
 
kernkraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
and umberger had to shoot to puck for breezy to put it in. Same thing. You're team just ended up with one more break and took advantage of it. There is nothing wrong with that.
Actually, Umberger passed the puck. It wasn't going to enter the net until Breezy "interfered".

Anyways, I wish a reporter would've asked Stevens if he wanted any cheese with that whine.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
  #67
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
That is one of the worst statements that I have heard from a coach after a game. The own goal by Breisbois and the fluke goal by Lupul made this game closer than what it needed to be, and clearley showed that the Flyers got the breaks. There were two posts as well. The Habs merited the victory tonight and had the better chances overall. If the Habs continue to apply pressure on the Flyers d, and capitalize on the numerous breakdowns and poor defensive zone coverage of the Flyers, we will be okay.
Context. He meant no breaks from the refs. It was a response to a question about reffing.

It's still a dumb comment, though, because it implies they deserve breaks, like the refs should err in favour of the Flyers on anything questionable.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
  #68
LadyIce
Registered User
 
LadyIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer])
2) Breezer scored a goal for the Flyers
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

but Coach Stevens thinks his team got no breaks in the game! WOW!!!

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM

GO HABS GO!
Steven did the same thing in the series against the Capitals. Briere (although in Caps land he's Spiere since that's what he did to Ovie) got into the act after the Caps beat them in Game 5. He was on the news saying "I guess all their whining helped today."

They got numerous breaks against the Caps. Expect the comments to continue after Game 2, especially if the Habs get more power plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
The Flyers should be out already as they got a "break" when they ran Huet and scored. If you get to play against Patrice Brisebois and Mathieu Dandenault and you still complain about not getting any breaks there is definately something wrong.
So, Caps fans aren't the only ones who think that wasn't a goal. We were all told we were just whiny bias Caps fans because Koharski and Devorski allowed a goal that back in March on the same type of play was ruled NO GOAL for the Caps by a different Ref pairing.

Good luck in Game 2! Go Habs Go!!

LadyIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
  #69
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Its ok cause most of all the networks are anti-habs. On the Score, Osborne finally admitted that he was anti-Habs. First round he said the habs would lose because they arent tough enough and then he said that we would lose to the Flyers for the same reasons. Kouleas looked at him funny like; "common..." and then Kouleas said: "You're going against them because you're anti-Habs" and Osborne said "Its true". Its weird, now that he came out of the closet, i dont hate him as much...
Next time I'm in the ACC and he's doing his pregame show, I'll be sure to rub the Habs' success in his face when I walk by.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:40 PM
  #70
NoKtUrN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snap-bar View Post
are you high? Biron has been one of the best goalies in the playoffs so far.

How come he has the worst Save % and worst GAA in all the remaining goalers in the playoffs then?

NoKtUrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:41 PM
  #71
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Hey, everything is good. Gorges was a captain in Kelowna.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM
  #72
hockeyguy10
 
hockeyguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN View Post
How come he has the worst Save % and worst GAA in all the remaining goalers in the playoffs then?

40 shots a game is the answer

hockeyguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
  #73
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy10 View Post
40 shots a game is the answer
Facing 40 shots and saving about 35-36 of those doesn't make you one of the best.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
  #74
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
----> thats all you gotta do


http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=502503


Jaydee96

Dude, I like your style

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
  #75
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Well...quoting John Stevens is kind of like quoting my grandmother...in the end who really cares?

Not many Flyers fans like the guy, he's not the brightest tool in the toolshed.

Hey if you guys are going to beat us in the end, can you do it in a way that he loses his job

Sincerely, a Flyers fan

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.