HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Kovalev for the fans

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
  #51
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Any post that says "im not trying to troll" is a set up for a post that puts down the team. Its getting old, go back to your own board.

CPrice is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
  #52
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
To be fair, I don't think Kovalev is the best player on the team. I think that award goes to Koivu because he brings it all.

And my MVP for the year was Hamrlik.

But who cares if I hate Kovalev? I hate him for the player he used to be (and still is from time to time).. Brisebois at least tries.. even if he isn't that good anymore.. When Kovalev doesn't try.. he has no excuse.

And face it.. he used to be a diving retard. And he thought he was the greatest player ever and owned his teams. He doesn't.. and he's becoming a better player now.

I also respect what he's done with sick children and charity. He's becoming a better person than he's ever been. Good on him.

But I still know he's great. And I respect him when he works hard and what he's done for the community.
I hope you're hiding under the bed while typing this. Because at this very moment TheDamned has a missle pointed at your house.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
  #53
CacaLauncher23
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Shouldn't you worry about the draft or golfing?

What a pointless post.

Oh yeah...



CacaLauncher23 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
  #54
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Any post that says "im not trying to troll" is a set up for a post that puts down the team. Its getting old, go back to your own board.
I know it's right up there with "I don't want to be rude but......"

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
  #55
CacaLauncher23
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I know it's right up there with "I don't want to be rude but......"
or "I'm not racist but..."

CacaLauncher23 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:04 PM
  #56
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
or "I'm not racist but..."
Yeah that's another one I hear a lot.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
  #57
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
or "I'm not racist, I have black friends, but..."
FIXED ..

AH is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:21 PM
  #58
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I know it's right up there with "I don't want to be rude but......"
It's a running joke between myself, my 17 year old and her friends. You can be as offensive as you want as long as you say, 'not to be offensive but', before you offend them. 'Not to be' is a conversational get out of jail free card.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
  #59
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
It's a running joke between myself, my 17 year old and her friends. You can be as offensive as you want as long as you say, 'not to be offensive but', before you offend them. 'Not to be' is a conversational get out of jail free card.
lol...I'll keep that in mind tonight when my g/f asks me about her cooking.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
  #60
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Wait, so you love the worst player on the team and you hate the best one?

Thats kinda funny.
LOOOOL

68 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
  #61
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Neely View Post
Obviously I am in enemy territory but I have an honest question about Kovalev. This is not a troll Habs thread as I have a great deal of repsect for players like Koivu, Price and Kotsopolous to name a few. Hopefully the mods see the truth of this question, which is given to spark a hockey discussion.....

I see that some fans on the board don't know about Kovalev's past antics in the playoffs of faking injuries, quitting on plays, showing up when he feels like it, etc, etc...the kind of stuff that doesnt get you very far in the NHL except when you have amazing talent like Kovalev..
This is an honest response and I don't want you to feel like I'm flaming or anything.

If you're gonna start a thread with a paragraph like this, you need to back it up with specific references, especially on the Habs board.

Maybe on the Bruins board, or on the NHL board you can get away by saying: "Kovalev's past antics in the playoffs of faking injuries, quitting on plays, showing up when he feels like". But not here.

I personally have never seen Kovalevs "past antics". I've never seen Kovalev "fake an injury" I've never seens any "quitting on plays" and I've certainly never seen an "etc."


Kovalev frustrates the hell out of me during the regular season... but he has never been anything but a model player in the playoffs in his career.

AD is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
  #62
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
This is an honest response and I don't want you to feel like I'm flaming or anything.

If you're gonna start a thread with a paragraph like this, you need to back it up with specific references, especially on the Habs board.

Maybe on the Bruins board, or on the NHL board you can get away by saying: "Kovalev's past antics in the playoffs of faking injuries, quitting on plays, showing up when he feels like". But not here.

I personally have never seen Kovalevs "past antics". I've never seen Kovalev "fake an injury" I've never seens any "quitting on plays" and I've certainly never seen an "etc."


Kovalev frustrates the hell out of me during the regular season... but he has never been anything but a model player in the playoffs in his career.
I don't think anyone asked him because actual dialogue, where he'd have to put up some sort of reasoning was never his intention, so he hid behind the 'I don't mean to be' crap.

Glad the real Neely wasn't like that.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 02:01 PM
  #63
KostyBrosFan
 
KostyBrosFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
I don't understand why the bruins fans loves to publicly bash Habs players. Kovalev has all the talent your whole bruins team combined. I can understand you hate that Riberio act back in 2004, but putting Kovy in the same sentence with Avery?! What are you smoking DUDE?!

Kovy can single handly turn a game around. Not showing up? Heck, I don't see Jagr or Cosby on the score sheet every single game. He is a playoff warrior, he was, is and will always be one.

KostyBrosFan is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
  #64
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

And face it.. he used to be a diving retard..
Please make specific reference with video evidence.

Some guys have a "reputation". Mostly created by fans of other teams... that's not evidence.

AD is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
  #65
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,534
vCash: 500
hit and run trolling. how very classy. Enjoy your ban

Fish on The Sand is online now  
Old
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
  #66
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Neely View Post
Obviously I am in enemy territory but I have an honest question about Kovalev. This is not a troll Habs thread as I have a great deal of repsect for players like Koivu, Price and Kotsopolous to name a few. Hopefully the mods see the truth of this question, which is given to spark a hockey discussion.....

I see that some fans on the board don't know about Kovalev's past antics in the playoffs of faking injuries, quitting on plays, showing up when he feels like it, etc, etc...the kind of stuff that doesnt get you very far in the NHL except when you have amazing talent like Kovalev.

My question is this....besides the fact that he is an amazing player and having a great year for your team, do any of you who remember the old Kovalev ever wish just a small part of you that he was not on your team? In other words, do any of you dislike his past character enough to not want to cheer for him just a little bit?


I think it is similar in ways to Avery, who is much more of a jerk, I know---but would you cheer for Avery as soon as he put your team's jersey on even though you did not like his character?

Personally, I would find it extremely hard to cheer for someone like Avery or Kovalev given what I know of their character. I certainly would have a hard time stomaching the idea of seeing them raising a Stanley Cup while wearing my team's jersey. I'm just wondering if there are any Habs fans out there who feel the same way- I bet there are some.
I called the kovalev trade 4 years ago, 2 days before we got him i said he was gonna be a hab, i love the guy, and even through the **** season last year i knew he would bounce back, my all time favorite hab now = kovalev

Cam Neely Cups = 0

Alexei Kovalev Cups = 1 , soon to be 2!!

Redux91 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
  #67
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Great player, fun to watch and by all accounts a very decent and classy person. There's nothing to dislike. Any remote comparison to Avery is fairly ridiculous.

Istvan is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
  #68
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I hope you're hiding under the bed while typing this. Because at this very moment TheDamned has a missle pointed at your house.


I'm dying, seriously. Good post.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:54 PM
  #69
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Please make specific reference with video evidence.

Some guys have a "reputation". Mostly created by fans of other teams... that's not evidence.
There's a video on the 2nd page, I posted.

When he was a Ranger.

If you don't think that's a dive.. you either are;

1) Blind.
2) Love Kovalev as much as I love Breezer.

EDIT: I must of posted it in another thread. Here;


One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:54 PM
  #70
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,801
vCash: 2009
who brings a laptop to a golf course?

holyhabs87 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
  #71
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
There's a video on the 2nd page, I posted.

When he was a Ranger.

If you don't think that's a dive.. you either are;

1) Blind.
2) Love Kovalev as much as I love Breezer.
the thing is, nobody cares because it was 14 years ago.

Fish on The Sand is online now  
Old
04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
  #72
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the thing is, nobody cares because it was 14 years ago.
I'm sure the Nordiques care. Maybe they'd still be around had that play not happened..

Diving isn't the only reason. He's got all the talent in the world.. last year he showed no heart at all.. and it really made him dislike him. You can play soft and still have heart.. thing was, he just had no heart at all.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
  #73
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
*raises leg, looks at OP with intent*.....................

Fido22 is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 05:01 PM
  #74
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm sure the Nordiques care. Maybe they'd still be around had that play not happened..

Diving isn't the only reason. He's got all the talent in the world.. last year he showed no heart at all.. and it really made him dislike him. You can play soft and still have heart.. thing was, he just had no heart at all.
Kovalev...Warrior...Destroyer of Franchises.

Judge Sauer* is offline  
Old
04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
  #75
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,332
vCash: 500
The only thing that bothers me about Kovalev is that he is great when he wants to be.

IMO his regular season effort was better than his playoff effort so far which i find surprising but in a way, its something to look forward to.

If this guy can put a stronger game effort than Montreal can make the finals however if he doesn't Montreal continues to struggle game by game and period by period.

Although, i will be honest its getting tougher and tougher to cheer the guy when you know the guy could be minus 3, cost the team the game and score 1 goal and thedamned would post 10 times about how great Kovalev is.

Kirk Muller is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.