HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME TAKES: Mtl 4 Phi: 3 OT - Habs lead series 1-0

Old
04-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I think it's fair to say it was a strange game last night. Lots of weird bounces, weird plays, weird goals, but for the most part, it was fairly even. No abundance of great scoring chances, and perhaps the Flyers controlled play a little more, but also consider that we hit 2 posts and had 2 breakaways (one of which became a penalty shot), so it could have been lopsided for us if we had capitalized.

And I for one thought the reffing was decent. The Richards penalty looked legit to me. The interference call on Komi that led to the Lupul goal less so, but they do make those calls sometimes, so I can accept it. And the Kovalev goal is clearly good from some of the replays. Yes the very end of his stick hits the cross bar after making contact, but that's not the part of the stick that hits the puck, and the part that makes contact is certainly below or at bar-level, as Toronto confirmed.

I'll take the win, and don't feel Philly was cheated or slighted in any way. 3 more to send them golfing!

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:55 PM
wiz64

Wow, this was huge! Pure grit showed the way in OT! Kostopolous could become your Fernando Pisani! Way to go Habs! 11 for 25!

wiz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
JackieChan

I was at the game, soooo glad the curse is broken. Me, my brother and my father combined saw the Habs loose all 3 times against Boston, and not a single victory. What a relief!

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
I was at the game, soooo glad the curse is broken. Me, my brother and my father combined saw the Habs loose all 3 times against Boston, and not a single victory. What a relief!

Huh? The Habs didn't lose 3 home games against the Bruins. They lost only in game #5. They won in games #1, 2, and 7. Were your brother and father in Boston?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:12 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Huh? The Habs didn't lose 3 home games against the Bruins. They lost only in game #5. They won in games #1, 2, and 7. Were your brother and father in Boston?
I know for sure his bro was in Boston for Game 3. He is a celebrity.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Anyone else think the ghosts are back?

Not only the Don Cherry comments but..

Last night, their best player, their best face-off man gets a tripping penalty. They are forced to use Carter on the draw and his stick breaks, leaving Kovalev open to get the puck and score.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Last night, their best player, their best face-off man gets a tripping penalty. They are forced to use Carter on the draw and his stick breaks, leaving Kovalev open to get the puck and score.
There's no ghosts... only god exists. Luckily, he is our netminder.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
Jesus Price

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
I think it's fair to say it was a strange game last night. Lots of weird bounces, weird plays, weird goals, but for the most part, it was fairly even. No abundance of great scoring chances, and perhaps the Flyers controlled play a little more, but also consider that we hit 2 posts and had 2 breakaways (one of which became a penalty shot), so it could have been lopsided for us if we had capitalized.

And I for one thought the reffing was decent. The Richards penalty looked legit to me. The interference call on Komi that led to the Lupul goal less so, but they do make those calls sometimes, so I can accept it. And the Kovalev goal is clearly good from some of the replays.

I'll take the win, and don't feel Philly was cheated or slighted in any way. 3 more to send them golfing!
I feel the same way, i think both teams were a bit tired and didn't want to trade chances with each other. Coaches figuring out match-ups and stuff like that can kill the flow of a game. The Habs did a good job coming back and i feel our PP is gonna get better in this round.

Like some other said it was a special 'K' victory

I heard on the radio the last time the Flyers was in feb 2006? The Habs will build on this win and head into Philly with the 2-0 lead.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

i don't know about the ghosts, they weren't there when Breezy deflects a puck into his own net or the puck bounces off a Flyer into the habs net.

or does that mean the evil aura of Breezy >>>> ghosts of the forum.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Like some other said it was a special 'K' victory
Fourth round KO.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:32 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
WHY do people say we didnt deserve this game??????

not deserving a game is when your outplayed, dont tell me we got outplayed tonight.
they scored 2 full of **** goals.

Hey Jaydee96 We also didn't deserve the win against the sadsacks in the first series and when we defeat the Cryers this series we won't have deserve that win either. On HB i think the new rule is the team that lease deserves moves on.Wow and since the Habs least deserves on this board why don't they give us the cup now.
First the sad sacks whine and cry on the first series than they jump on the Flyers bandwagon. Now we got the sad sacks and the Flyers together whining and crying about how they got owned by us. Just think ,the next series we will have the sad sacks and the Cryers all jump on the bandwagon of the Penquins who are nitorious for whining and they also have the whining,crying leader amongst their team.This board will short out from all the moisture created from these 3 teams together.
Habs against the rest of the HB world in the finals.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Habs _Fan

I made a desktop for those who where interest...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg price.jpg‎ (610.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg price1.jpg‎ (669.1 KB, 15 views)

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
Should I change my sig to relect this??

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Hey Jaydee96 We also didn't deserve the win against the sadsacks in the first series and when we defeat the Cryers this series we won't have deserve that win either. On HB i think the new rule is the team that lease deserves moves on.Wow and since the Habs least deserves on this board why don't they give us the cup now.
First the sad sacks whine and cry on the first series than they jump on the Flyers bandwagon. Now we got the sad sacks and the Flyers together whining and crying about how they got owned by us. Just think ,the next series we will have the sad sacks and the Cryers all jump on the bandwagon of the Penquins who are nitorious for whining and they also have the whining,crying leader amongst their team.This board will short out from all the moisture created from these 3 teams together.
Habs against the rest of the HB world in the finals.

lol, that made me laugh yet its so true!

heres to all the hate (which I absolutely love)

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote