HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leadership, etc ... Brisebois/Halak last night

Old
04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Leadership, etc ... Brisebois/Halak last night

EDIT: This isn't supposed to be a thread on Breezer, but just an example of a team being tight, chemistry, leadership, etc. I want this thread to discuss how players who don't play (Halak) or the Black-Aces (Vally, etc) stay positive and feel like a part of the team.

The example from last night;

Aside from his play which has been debated to death.. Carbonneau said Brisebois (and Dandy) were dressed do their leadership and experience.

Watching the CBC feed last night, I never noticed. But I just re-watched Canadiens express and what Brisebois did really caught my eye.

After Kosto scored in OT.. after screaming "WOOO" or whatever to themselves, everyone jumped over the bench to get out there and celebrate.

After Brisebois screamed, the first thing he did was turn to Halak and give him a nice little friendly shove, celebrating with him, which I think would definitely help Halak's morale as really feeling like a part of the team, as he obviously doesn't play.

Not being a Brisebois homer here, I just thought it was a great thing for him to do.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 04-25-2008 at 01:42 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
CacaLauncher23

Or maybe because Brisebois feels left out like Halak so they celebrate together

CacaLauncher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Travis Moen

lol.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Aside from his play which has been debated to death.. Carbonneau said Brisebois (and Dandy) were dressed do their leadership and experience.

Watching the CBC feed last night, I never noticed. But I just re-watched Canadiens express and what Brisebois did really caught my eye.

After Kosto scored in OT.. after screaming "WOOO" or whatever to themselves, everyone jumped over the bench to get out there and celebrate.

After Brisebois screamed, the first thing he did was turn to Halak and give him a nice little friendly shove, celebrating with him, which I think would definitely help Halak's morale as really feeling like a part of the team, as he obviously doesn't play.

Not being a Brisebois homer here, I just thought it was a great thing for him to do.
congratulation sir!!

you actually found the only positive point in Breezer last night

must have consulted Toronto for this one

Keep it up

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Whatever, guys.

I would of said it about anyone who did it.. and also, already turning this into a bashing thread.

Get a life .

Old
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
HF-Addict

He also made a pass to Kost for a breakaway I believe.

He also hit a post.

He also scored

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Plekanetzz

He scored a big goal last night

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:39 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Or he did that after realizing he almost single handily cost the Habs the game.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:40 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Or he did that after realizing he almost single handily cost the Habs the game.
Seriously.. just cause it's cool to bash him.. Go do it in the other thread.

This thread was supposed to spark a thread about team chemistry, leadership, and how to keep backup goalies (and pressbox boys) feeling like they are part of the team.

Old
Dandes

No kidding, breezer is playing great playoff. I really appreciated his first pass and his weak shot who always find a way to the goalie.

in my opinion, he is a part of the team

Dandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Brisebois is our most offensive defensemen so far and our biggest liability. It balances out. haha

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
anarmandaleb

Look. I'm no Natey, but if anyone but Breezer had made that mistake people wouldn't be bashing him like this. I went on facebook after the game and like 80% of my Hab fan friends were bashing him in their status. What is wrong with everyone?
He made a mistake. If it were another player (Kovy, Hammer, Komi), we would all be defending him to the death.
I happen to like Breezer a lot, even if I think he sucks on the ice most of the time now. He's known to be a really nice guy and sometimes my heart goes out to him when I see him mess something up and he looks like he's gonna cry or when he scores and he's happier than Higgins is when one of his shots somehow doesn't hit the post.
So we should really see the positive here. He was making a backup goalie (who will probably only play these playoffs if Price gets seriously injured, gets ebola, or lets in 8 goals in one period), feel like part of the team because he knows how it feels to be left out.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:42 PM
kernkraft

Breezy made a superb pass to Andrei K on his breakaway that led to a penalty shot. Apart from that he had a rough night.

I'd like to see O'Byrne in the line-up.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandes View Post
in my opinion, he is a part of the team problems in the playoffs
fixed

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Look. I'm no Natey, but if anyone but Breezer had made that mistake people wouldn't be bashing him like this. I went on facebook after the game and like 80% of my Hab fan friends were bashing him in their status. What is wrong with everyone?
He made a mistake. If it were another player (Kovy, Hammer, Komi), we would all be defending him to the death.
I happen to like Breezer a lot, even if I think he sucks on the ice most of the time now. He's known to be a really nice guy and sometimes my heart goes out to him when I see him mess something up and he looks like he's gonna cry or when he scores and he's happier than Higgins is when one of his shots somehow doesn't hit the post.
So we should really see the positive here. He was making a backup goalie (who will probably only play these playoffs if Price gets seriously injured, gets ebola, or lets in 8 goals in one period), feel like part of the team because he knows how it feels to be left out.
Word.

Sometimes you feel bad for the guy.

Would you happen to have a video of Brisebois and Halak, possibly?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:47 PM
compile

Quote:
Seriously.. just cause it's cool to bash him.. Go do it in the other thread.

This thread was supposed to spark a thread about team chemistry, leadership, and how to keep backup goalies (and pressbox boys) feeling like they are part of the team.
The truth hurt or something?

Old
04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Word.

Sometimes you feel bad for the guy.

Would you happen to have a video of Brisebois and Halak, possibly?
I don't.. someone who taped the RDS feed might. I have to record the CBC feed because my dad hates watching RDS when its on in English.

Therefore I only have the CBC feed and they didn't show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
The truth hurt or something?
This just isn't supposed to be that kind of thread. Going off-topic is pretty stupid just to bash someone.

I was trying to spark an intelligent discussion .. I could make a thread for you about rainbow cookies or something, if you like?

Old
04-25-2008, 01:50 PM
BadHabit

Quote:

Now, if only he wasn't allowed to leave the bench!

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
The difference is Brisebois does it all the time. At least 3-4 turn overs a game, and he gets beaten a lot. Heck 2 mistakes he made almost cost us the game.

How anyone thinks he's good or likes him really defies any logic. God I'd rather have Halak or Danis playing D then Brisebois.

He's a leader, but not even a decent player. No one is questioning or arguing his character, it's his lack of skill on the ice.

Old
04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
EDIT: This isn't supposed to be a thread on Breezer, but just an example of a team being tight, chemistry, leadership, etc. I want this thread to discuss how players who don't play (Halak) or the Black-Aces (Vally, etc) stay positive and feel like a part of the team.

Wow alot of dicks replying in this thread....

I agree COMPLETELY with you man. He knows what it takes, the mindset you must be in to compete for the Cup. Brisebois 1 ring, Dandy 3 rings...wonder why they're in the lineup? I'll bet you what these guys are telling some of the kids about how to feel and what to ignore and what to focus on, and it's probably helping them alot. These are character guys, they rely on their wisdom and experience of the game, and it rubs off on others. In the way grinders are not appreciated fully by the average fan, leadership presence is not appreciated fully by us on HF.

Not saying you don't have to play good to stay in, but if you got a bunch of guys who fare pretty similarly on the assets-vs-liabilities scale, you put in the guys who got rings on their fingers.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
speed11

Quote:
Whatever, guys.

I would of said it about anyone who did it..
no, you really wouldn't of. nice try though.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Breezer has shown nothing but class on his return to the Habs. So it doesn't surprise me that he would do something like this at the end of the game.

VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

all I can say is WOW, well that changes everything, all of a suden I am big Brisebois fan.
WOW

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
compile

Quote:
I don't.. someone who taped the RDS feed might. I have to record the CBC feed because my dad hates watching RDS when its on in English.

Therefore I only have the CBC feed and they didn't show it.

This just isn't supposed to be that kind of thread. Going off-topic is pretty stupid just to bash someone.

I was trying to spark an intelligent discussion .. I could make a thread for you about rainbow cookies or something, if you like?
Umm discussions involve people. Not everyone has the same opinion. If you want everyone to agree with you, start a nut hugging site for Brisebois and delete any comments from people.
Its not going off topic. Off topic would imply we are talking about something completely different then Brisebois.

Old
04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
CenterHice

I saw it and thought it was a great thing to do. I think Patrice is a great person and a very good hockey player, however, he does tend to have his share of mistakes.
I'm not quite sure why his seem to stand out to me more than the other players.

CenterHice is offline   Reply With Quote