HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leadership, etc ... Brisebois/Halak last night

Old
04-25-2008, 02:20 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
I really appreciate Brisebois
I dont understand you guys

he scored the WG when we won 1-0

it's true he made an error but not a big deal. he played solid after
Brisebois has been our 2nd best defensman in my eyes until now.

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Yes because from 0-0 to 1-0 is far less worse then a 2min penalty.
In all fairness, Philly did score on the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
To get back to Natey's point, the veterens are definitely great team guys. I noticed Breezer's acknowledgement of Halak too. I think it came as second nature to him to give Halak that tap. I especially loved the group hug between Smoke, Begin and Kosty. As well as Higgins' facewash of Kosto in the mob. The team is gelling quite well from all appearences. It's nice to see the mix working as it is.
That's what I was I trying to bring up, maybe I did it the wrong way using Brisebois, but whatever.

I love the chemistry and the tightness of this team. You can feel it after every shift (Koivu/Kovy pounding gloves on a nice play, when they didnt score).. and the hugs, and taps, and acknowledgments. This team is tightly knit and I'm loving the heart they show for one another.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
LilWinger11

It's a shame the player involved had to be Brisebois, and the poster who noticed it had to be Natey, because I think this could have been an interesting discussion. But it looks like a lot of posters can't get past who the player and the poster are.

Breezer's play in the playoffs seems to be following the same pattern I noticed during the regular season... a string of average to above-average games, followed by some bad ones and some average ones where he makes two or three glaring errors. At this point, I think his string of good to decent games has come to an end. I think he's worth keeping around the team, having him practice with them and so on, because of his experience, but he's gotta come out of the lineup for at least a few games.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post

Really? I wouldn't quite go that far..

I'd say fourth, maybe third.

1. Hamrlik
2. Gorges

3. Komisarek or Brisebois
5. Markov
6. Bouillon (lack of games)
7. O'Byrne
8. Streit

Old
04-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
It's a shame the player involved had to be Brisebois, and the poster who noticed it had to be Natey, because I think this could have been an interesting discussion. But it looks like a lot of posters can't get past who the player and the poster are.
*Sniffle.*

I know everybody hates me. I guess I'll just have to use my good looks to win you guys back over in the off-season when Breezer is gone from a playing capacity.

Old
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Megaforce

Brisebois keeps the game close. For the other team.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
BintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

In the past 12 months, I've made six (6) threads about Brisebois.

This was obviously one.

Then there was one asking how he played as I missed a game due to work commitments.

Then there was the Tribute Video I made (I'm going to make another one for Kosto after the playoffs!)

Then there was one when he played his 1,000th overall career game in the NHL the same night Kovalev, Smolinski, and Hamrlik got silver sticks.

Then there was one with a Brisebois quote (which was actually about Price) where he compared him to Roy.

Then there was one where I wonder why people liked Bouillon over both Brisebois and Gorges.

So really, nice try. I may stick up for him a lot in threads, but I don't create a new thread everyday.
6 threads might not be a lot about Price, Kovalev or Koivu but Brisebois?

6 threads about a guy who played 43 games, blocked 40 shots and commited 37 giveaways compared to 15 takeaways?

I understand that you like Brisebois and I have no problem with that. It just seems that you're almost trying to hide reality from people by pointing out the smallest and most insignificant little things he does to help out.

Before the season started I was very excited by the Smolinski signing. I could remember watching him play and thinking that he would be a perfect fit for the Habs' center troubles. As the season progress I noticed that Smoke's production and skill had dropped off quite a bit but I didn't go out and make a thread every time Smolinski won a face or high-fived a teammate because these are things I expect him to do as a member of the team. Now that Smoke is doing well, I couldn't be happier.

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
It is going off-topic.

Brisebois wasn't meant to be the topic of this thread, he was simply the example I used.

The topic I meant for was keeping players who aren't involved as much feeling as part of a team. How teams do it and the leadership qualities people bring in to do that.

Sorry if I came across as a dick, I didn't mean for that.. I just don't know why it needs to turn into a Breezer bashing thread, when I was solely looking at Brisebois in this thread.

Well if Brisebois wasn't meant to be the topic, then stop posting threads about the guy everytime he gives someone a high-five!!!! Nothing he does is worth creating a thread about....unless it is a bashing thread about one of his 4 giveaways a game.

We understand your man-crush for Breezer.....but stop trying to make him look like something he isn't....a good player!!

The guy sucks, he should be in the pressbox and he should retire next season....PERIOD!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BintZ View Post
6 threads might not be a lot about Price, Kovalev or Koivu but Brisebois?

6 threads about a guy who played 43 games, blocked 40 shots and commited 37 giveaways compared to 15 takeaways?

I understand that you like Brisebois and I have no problem with that. It just seems that you're almost trying to hide reality from people by pointing out the smallest and most insignificant little things he does to help out.

Before the season started I was very excited by the Smolinski signing. I could remember watching him play and thinking that he would be a perfect fit for the Habs' center troubles. As the season progress I noticed that Smoke's production and skill had dropped off quite a bit but I didn't go out and make a thread every time Smolinski won a face or high-fived a teammate because these are things I expect him to do as a member of the team. Now that Smoke is doing well, I couldn't be happier.
40 blocked shots is pretty decent for a guy who doesn't PK.

And only 2 of those 6 threads had anything to do with his play, so I really don't see the problem. That's 1 thread every 6 months about his play (and technically one was just because I missed a game). So I only made one thread where I said he should be in the lineup over someone and that was in December.

And don't worry, I had you covered for the thread on Smoke's face-off wins. .

This again, wasn't supposed to be focused on Brisebois, but at being a tightly knit team and keeping Halak (along others) feeling like part of the team. I'm sorry you can't see it that way and just see this as a place for me to give Breezer a verbal *******. It wasn't meant that way.

Old
04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
BLONG7

From most accounts, most say Briser is a good team mate, and a very good guy when it comes to the community etc. i hope he continues to play well, that being said, I still think Obryne should be in there too...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Go Habs Go!

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:12 PM
peperebougon*

Breezer is gonna be a coach for us in the near future.... and I'm down with that. We need a d-corps coach since we have and will have lots of young guys.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The past is the past. From now on, no more digging up to either make Brisebois look good, or bad. Game 2 and on is a new life.

Yeah, he ****ed up, but it looked like he got shot after he saw it go in.

Everyone hates the guy, he gets boo'd and everything. I hope that maf scores a goal tomorrow.

To be honest, besides the kostop goal last night, the Brisebois goal got me the most excited.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
EDIT: This isn't supposed to be a thread on Breezer, but just an example of a team being tight, chemistry, leadership, etc. I want this thread to discuss how players who don't play (Halak) or the Black-Aces (Vally, etc) stay positive and feel like a part of the team.

The example from last night;

Aside from his play which has been debated to death.. Carbonneau said Brisebois (and Dandy) were dressed do their leadership and experience.

Watching the CBC feed last night, I never noticed. But I just re-watched Canadiens express and what Brisebois did really caught my eye.

After Kosto scored in OT.. after screaming "WOOO" or whatever to themselves, everyone jumped over the bench to get out there and celebrate.

After Brisebois screamed, the first thing he did was turn to Halak and give him a nice little friendly shove, celebrating with him, which I think would definitely help Halak's morale as really feeling like a part of the team, as he obviously doesn't play.

Not being a Brisebois homer here, I just thought it was a great thing for him to do.

Halak is feeling it , Just look at his reaction when we tied the game up .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Bullsmith

From everything I've heard, Breezer is a really good team guy, well liked by a lot of players for a long time. There have been many cliques in Montreal, but I've never heard Brisbois described as part of the problem.

So if he doesn't hit, doesn't fight, doesn't block shots and doesn't take hits to make the play (better in the playoffs before last night, sure but Breezer's softness is a scientifically-proven fact) I figure he must be awful supportive of the other guys to be so well liked.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Breezer is gonna be a coach for us in the near future.... and I'm down with that. We need a d-corps coach since we have and will have lots of young guys.
Breezer as a defensive coach? God help us all.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Form and Substance

If you're going to **** on Brisebois why not **** on Markov, who's been absolutely atrocious these playoffs aside from that assist last night?

At least Brisebois put up some points.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post

It's en vogue to bash Brisebois, It always was, didn't you know?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:50 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1347
I was happy when I saw that although I didn't realized Brisebois was the guy.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
congratulation sir!!

you actually found the only positive point in Breezer last night

must have consulted Toronto for this one

Keep it up
His tape to tape pass that gave AK a breakaway and subsequent penalty shot was a positive don't you think?

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:40 PM
DrMailloux

The funiest thing was at a point in the game, the puck was rolling along the board and it was Brisebois vs Briere battling for the puck and Brisebois physically dominated Briere in the corner and got away with the puck !

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
If you're going to **** on Brisebois why not **** on Markov, who's been absolutely atrocious these playoffs aside from that assist last night?

did you see the OT goal........Markov took a hit to make the play at the blueline & it led to the OT winner. Plus Markov plays top pairing mins Vs the oppositions best lines.

breeze-by has had some good (for him) games. but he needs to sit for a couple, IMHO.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post

Markov is one player responsible for our success this year. He is playing injured now, and even at 0.000001% he is better than Brisebois.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:19 PM
dutchy29

The ghosts can only perform their deeds if a player from the previous cup is dressed.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Lapierre reaction to Kovy's goal was so funny. But yeah this is team that play for each other, unlike the Sens.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote