HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we stay off other teams boards?

Old
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 500
Can we stay off other teams boards?

Seriously. I just came from the Flyers board where there was a thread called Caps>Habs or something like that and I was curious to see why Flyers fans would say or think that. I click on the thread and all I see is a bunch of Habs fans running to their teams rescue...

Same thing with after the Boston series, there seemed to be almost as many Habs fans over there as there were here.

Let them do their trash talking on their own boards, that's what they are there for. We should just stay here and let the habs do the talking on the scoreboard.

Just an opinion.....

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

In the case of the Bruins it might be misleading since many of them are sporting our Win City avatars

IMO, if it is done in a civilized way, there is no reason not to post on any team's board.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
It's hard to control everyone,im sure it's mostly the rookie users that are going in there after games..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
In the case of the Bruins it might misleading since amny of them are sporting our Win City avatars

IMO, if it is done in a civilized way, there is no reason not to post on any team's board.
You should be right, but when we're talking playoffs emotions run high. There's no need to go over there, especially when their team suffers a tough loss.

edit: Quick deletes there mods...

Old
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

when there's no troll, I see no problem.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
It's on all boards.

Some are newer posters and some aren't.

having said that now that I'm not distracted my days here will be to focus on anybody that trolls other boards. Any boards.

I'm also looking for history of non compliance with the site rules.

However, good discussion and debate can be done without flames. A number of us have been doing it here for years with no harm and no foul. And if I may be so bold, even established what I'd like to think of as solid mutual respect.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
habfan4

I don't agree, I had some decent conversations over on the Bruins board during the first round (never immediately after a loss or after the series ended). If you govern yourself like a guest when visiting the another team's board there should be no problems. The mods are more than capable of acting when visting fans step over the line.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
You should be right, but when we're talking playoffs emotions run high. There's no need to go over there, especially when their team suffers a tough loss.

edit: Quick deletes there mods...

your thread title caught my eye.

Old
Fido22

I think we are becoming Hab missionaries (hi, hi, I said "missionary"). It's no longer enough that we beat them, now they must also love us. They must love us.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

What I always find funny is how so many Hab fans seem to actively look for something negative said about the Habs on the opponents board and feel the need to argue with them, isn't that what the Stanley Cup Playoffs board is for? If people wanna vent on thier own board, let'em vent. I could really care less if other teams fans think our players are soft, divers, or not good enough, finishing 1st in the East speaks for itself.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiggs View Post
What I always find funny is how so many Hab fans seem to actively look for something negative said about the Habs on the opponents board and feel the need to argue with them, isn't that what the Stanley Cup Playoffs board is for? If people wanna vent on thier own board, let'em vent. I could really care less if other teams think our players are soft, divers, or not good enough, finishing 1st in the East speaks for itself.
My point exactly.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Sparepart

I dont understand Hfboards sometimes, the majority of Habs fans who visit other team boards are just posting their opinions, discussing the latest game, the teams, etc. Most of us are being mature about it. Sure you'll see a few bad apples, but the majority of fans are just looking for a good discussion.

And as a result we get labelled as trolls? and some of us warned/banned (not me). How the hell is that trolling? Are Bruins/Flyers/etc fans really that sensitive?

Meanwhile fans of other teams are allowed to say whatever they want about the Habs/Habs-players/Habs-fans no matter how ridiculous/illogical/crazy it is... And its allowed? Why? Because its said on their OWN board? What a joke. This place is backwards.

When I see a post on another teams board saying that "Habs fans are little girls who burn police cars and every habs player is whining diver" OF COURSE I'm going to defend my team and its fans. Whats wrong with that? If flyers/bruins/whoever fans want to come here after a game and engage in a healthy argument, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with it.

If you need to "vent" take a god damn walk or something, dont post about it on the internet. relax!

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

IMO, going to other boards is best done on a read-only basis. I've posted from time to time and once I was assessed points by a Bruins moderator. I know it's hard to hold back when posters on other boards say vile things about the Habs, but answering them won't make them stop. You can say the same things on the Habs board and know full well that the Bruins or Sens or other fans will read them because they're curious. The difference is, you can get away with quite a bit more if you stick to your own board.

There was one creep on the Bruins board (I won't name him but often refers to the Kostitsyn Sisters) who actually said early in the season that he wished the Habs team plane would crash, and added for emphasis that he was serious. Anyone who truly wishes that should be referred to psychiatric care for his homicidal fantasies. Still, it's up to a Bruins moderator, not members of this board, to snap him back to sanity.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
I dont understand Hfboards sometimes, the majority of Habs fans who visit other team boards are just posting their opinions, discussing the latest game, the teams, etc. Most of us are being mature about it. Sure you'll see a few bad apples, but the majority of fans are just looking for a good discussion.

And as a result we get labelled as trolls? and some of us warned/banned (not me). How the hell is that trolling? Are Bruins/Flyers/etc fans really that sensitive?

Meanwhile fans of other teams are allowed to say whatever they want about the Habs/Habs-players/Habs-fans no matter how ridiculous/illogical/crazy it is... And its allowed? Why? Because its said on their OWN board? What a joke. This place is backwards.

When I see a post on another teams board saying that "Habs fans are little girls who burn police cars and every habs player is whining diver" OF COURSE I'm going to defend my team and its fans. Whats wrong with that?
2 things:

1 - this defines trolling :

Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling

You actually agreed to abide by it when you applied for membership at this site.

2 - As I tell others never assume you know everything going on in a thread. What you get to *see* are those posts that have in fact been allowed to stay as a discussion. What you can't *see* are numerous posts that have been deleted because of flaming/trolling.

Just a point of clarification.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
The Flyers fans I have talked with both there and here have all been nice.

i dont see a problem with going to other teams boards if your gonna talk and discuss normally.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post

When I see a post on another teams board saying that "Habs fans are little girls who burn police cars and every habs player is whining diver" OF COURSE I'm going to defend my team and its fans. Whats wrong with that? If flyers/bruins/whoever fans want to come here after a game and engage in a healthy argument, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with it.

If you need to "vent" take a god damn walk or something, dont post about it on the internet. relax!
You're right, but I think the problem is the sheer number of habs fans we have here. If everyone wants to make themselves a self appointed deputy to set the record straight, pretty soon we have a Bruins or Flyers board with more habs fans on it then their own fans. I could see how it would be infuriating for a fan of another team to deal with this.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
LyleOdelein

I think the important thing is to remember you are on another team's board. If you have to say something, say it clearly and concisely. When you get into deadhorse territory, let them have the final word. Another thing is, recognize that we all have a pro-Habs bias, they all have pro-Flyers bias. They are not stupid fans, just subjective. Objective fanatics are extremely rare. Finally, recognize that you represent all of us on these boards. If you post stupid stuff, we all look stupid.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

the only time i post in the other teams board is in the GDT and i wish them good luck.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Jigger77

I just think it's all fun and games. It's nice to get different perspectives sometimes.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
northernbruin

chill out

Quote:
Seriously. I just came from the Flyers board where there was a thread called Caps>Habs or something like that and I was curious to see why Flyers fans would say or think that. I click on the thread and all I see is a bunch of Habs fans running to their teams rescue...

Same thing with after the Boston series, there seemed to be almost as many Habs fans over there as there were here.

Let them do their trash talking on their own boards, that's what they are there for. We should just stay here and let the habs do the talking on the scoreboard.

Just an opinion.....
You worry to much Frank.

northernbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
2 things:

1 - this defines trolling :

Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling[/I]

You actually agreed to abide by it when you applied for membership at this site.

I'm sure the rules have been re-written a few times since I joined originally agreed to them back in 2002

Plus I'm not sure just how clearly the rules are written, I'm sure everyone has a different interputation of what they mean. For instance "cheer against" ... What on earth does that mean? If someone on the Bruins board calls Komisarek a wuss who never fights and I reply by posting a Komisarek fight-log... does that make me guilty of "cheering against" the bruins? (actually happened).

So are you saying that members are not allowed to post on other teams boards at any time? even if we're being respectful? I'd love to see more consistantcy throughout all the boards on this site.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I think we are becoming Hab missionaries (hi, hi, I said "missionary"). It's no longer enough that we beat them, now they must also love us. They must love us.
Yeah.

We must convert all to the ultimate faith.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
You're right, but I think the problem is the sheer number of habs fans we have here. If everyone wants to make themselves a self appointed deputy to set the record straight, pretty soon we have a Bruins or Flyers board with more habs fans on it then their own fans. I could see how it would be infuriating for a fan of another team to deal with this.

We're just giving them some perspective. I think it would be pretty boring to be surronded by homers on your own forum all the time. If they are sick of arguing and want us to leave, just ask. If a thread has run its course, and nothing is left to be discussed, then its up to the forums moderators to close it.... and voila! visiting fans disappear!

Old
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Yeah.

We must convert all to the ultimate faith.

1984, that's what I have in mind. Not even on iota of dislike must exist. Not even for a split second. Not in anybody's mind.

Go Habs Go! Come on everybody! Go Habs Go!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
1984, that's what I have in mind. Not even on iota of dislike must exist. Not even for a split second. Not in anybody's mind.

Go Habs Go! Come on everybody! Go Habs Go!

So you and AymanD work for the Ministry of Truth?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote