HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can we stay off other teams boards?

Old
04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
I'm sure the rules have been re-written a few times since I joined originally agreed to them back in 2002

Plus I'm not sure just how clearly the rules are written, I'm sure everyone has a different interputation of what they mean. For instance "cheer against" ... What on earth does that mean? If someone on the Bruins board calls Komisarek a wuss who never fights and I reply by posting a Komisarek fight-log... does that make me guilty of "cheering against" the bruins? (actually happened).

So are you saying that members are not allowed to post on other teams boards at any time? even if we're being respectful? I'd love to see more consistantcy throughout all the boards on this site.

They have been updated. That's why about a month ago every poster had to once again agree to them in order to post. So there would be zero confusion.
Since you are posting...you agreed to them about a month or so ago. I'm sure you read the fine print first.

What I said is what I said. Posting can be dome without taking shots at each other and being mindful of where one is.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:38 PM
anarmandaleb

What if there are people on the other boards that weren't aware that Gorges was captain in Kelowna? Are you saying we can't enlighten them?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
So you and AymanD work for the Ministry of Truth?
We are so blessed. See, the last series, the Flyers were the good guys and we loved them cause we wanted that match up. Now, the Flyers are the bad guys. Now, we hate the Flyers. We have always hated the Flyers, now.

Can ya Doublethink my friend?

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
What if there are people on the other boards that weren't aware that Gorges was captain in Kelowna? Are you saying we can't enlighten them?
Of course you could, it's just how you say it.

If you post, "Typical 'team x' fan, no clue about anything. Gorges was the captain in Kelowna, don't post about something you know nothing about. Enjoy the golf course." ...well, expect to hear from someone.

If you post, "You may not be aware, but actually Gorges was the captain down in Kelowna. He was a big part of their leadership down there." .. then you're adding respectfully to a conversation.

It's all in how you approach being on another teams board.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
We are so blessed. See, the last series, the Flyers were the good guys and we loved them cause we wanted that match up. Now, the Flyers are the bad guys. Now, we hate the Flyers. We have always hated the Flyers, now.

Can ya Doublethink my friend?
There is no last series. We have always hated the Flyers. The Flyers have always been our enemy and will always be our enemy.

Go Habs Go!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
They have been updated. That's why about a month ago every poster had to once again agree to them in order to post. So there would be zero confusion.
Since you are posting...you agreed to them about a month or so ago. I'm sure you read the fine print first.

What I said is what I said. Posting can be dome without taking shots at each other and being mindful of where one is.

Ahhh, guess I missed that. I probably figured it was a security check and skipped it. I'll get right on reading that,

And I agree with you, posting without taking-shots at each other is perfectly fine. I agree 100%

The only problem is... I've seen many fans get warned/banned for doing this EXACT thing (posting without taking-shots) (dont ask me to produce links to posts, my memory isnt that good). I've heard stories and seen posters be warned/banned simply because a moderator wanted them to "go back to their own board". Like I said, some more consistantcy would be nice... Do the moderators have to answer to anyone when they screw up? Is anyone monitoring the moderators? Is there a system to report bad moderating?

Listen, I'm not trying to give you any grief. Hfboards is a big place, its alot of work. I just want the quality of discussion to be the highest it can be.

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
There is no last series. We have always hated the Flyers. The Flyers have always been our enemy and will always be our enemy.

Go Habs Go!
Play friendly to Habfan4. Gain his confidence. I think he may not be fully on board.

Go Habs Go!

Old
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
AD

Quote:
Play friendly to Habfan4. Gain his confidence. I think he may not be fully on board.

Go Habs Go!
Habfan is a Hab Fan, so he is on board. And he hates the Flyers, and has always hated the Flyers.

Old
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Ahhh, guess I missed that. I probably figured it was a security check and skipped it. I'll get right on reading that,

And I agree with you, posting without taking-shots at each other is perfectly fine. I agree 100%

The only problem is... I've seen many fans get warned/banned for doing this EXACT thing (posting without taking-shots) (dont ask me to produce links to posts, my memory isnt that good). I've heard stories and seen posters be warned/banned simply because a moderator wanted them to "go back to their own board". Like I said, some more consistantcy would be nice... Do the moderators have to answer to anyone when they screw up? Is anyone monitoring the moderators? Is their a system to report bad moderating?

Listen, I'm not trying to give you any grief. Hfboards is a big place, its alot of work. I just want the quality of discussion to be the highest it can be.
Yes they do. And if we (Site Admins) find that a Mod is not making the right calls, said Mod is removed. It does happen. To report any Mod issue hit the *contact us* icon.

No different than some posters that simply don't get it get for whatever reason.
The fact that you as well as others that have been here since 2002 must have a clue otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I will say as we grow the job does become more challenging. In regard to quality control in all aspects. I view my job as trying to weed out the bad apples for the overall good of the rest. When provoked I weed hard.

I also think we should have fun. I like a good laugh more than anything. I think we also can do that.
Lastly, there are some on the Habs board that would be welcome at my door anyday. They know who they are. There are some on the Bruins board that would not. I judge a man by the depth of his character and not the colors of his team.

Old
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Habfan is a Hab Fan, so he is on board. And he hates the Flyers, and has always hated the Flyers.
Than there shall be no need for the Ministry of Love, seeing that he hates the Flyers and always has hated the Flyers.

Go Habs Go!

Old
04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
AD

Quote:
Than there shall be no need for the Ministry of Love, seeing that he hates the Flyers and always has hated the Flyers.

Go Habs Go!
I think he should come in to the Miniluv to show the Ministry how he has always hated the Flyers. He might be an inspiration to other flag waiving Flyer hating Hab fans out there.

Go Habs Go.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Yes they do. And if we (Site Admins) find that a Mod is not making the right calls, said Mod is removed. It does happen. To report any Mod issue hit the *contact us* icon.

No different than some posters that simply don't get it get for whatever reason.
The fact that you as well as others that have been here since 2002 must have a clue otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I will say as we grow the job does become more challenging. In regard to quality control in all aspects. I view my job as trying to weed out the bad apples for the overall good of the rest. When provoked I weed hard.

I also think we should have fun. I like a good laugh more than anything. I think we also can do that.
Lastly, there are some on the Habs board that would be welcome at my door anyday. They know who they are. There are some on the Bruins board that would not. I judge a man by the depth of his character and not the colors of his team.
Great, Wally had a dream.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
AD

Quote:
Some day, the Sons of Hab fans and the sons of Bruins fan will eat together at the table of forgiveness.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Sparepart

Quote:

Okay, thanks, good to know they are being watched like everyone else . I doubt I'll be using the "contact us" much though, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt if I think they've made a mistake, or a second chance. It would have to be something very blatant for me to report them about. Plus its hard to keep track of all the thousands of posts on every forum (dont need to tell you)

Thanks for all the answers.

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Some day, the Sons of Hab fans and the sons of Bruins fan will eat together at the table of forgiveness.
If my son finds the Quebec girl he met last summer at Old Orchard again this year....that day may be sooner than we think.

btw...some of us are already lookin' at a road trip to Montreal next season..I'm expecting much free beer in my honor.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:10 PM
DoMakc

Quote:
Some day, the Sons of Hab fans and the sons of Bruins fan will eat each other at the table of forgiveness.

DoMakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
mcphee

Quote:
If my son finds the Quebec girl he met last summer at Old Orchard again this year....that day may be sooner than we think.

btw...some of us are already lookin' at a road trip to Montreal next season..I'm expecting much free beer in my honor.
We're all expecting free beer. Life without hope is hardly life at all.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
AD

Quote:

Sure. But in absolute Montreal tradition, we'll probably just dump the beer on your head before setting your car on fire with a blowtorch.

*Seriously though, if you're in Montreal, give mcphee and I a 48 hour notice and we'll make sure to buy you a round or six.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Okay, thanks, good to know they are being watched like everyone else . I doubt I'll be using the "contact us" much though, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt if I think they've made a mistake, or a second chance. It would have to be something very blatant for me to report them about. Plus its hard to keep track of all the thousands of posts on every forum (dont need to tell you)

Thanks for all the answers.
no problem man.

None of us is infallible or knows everything ( except my 15 year old son)....

everything is done on a case by case basis.

good luck in the series.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:12 PM
AD

Quote:
Okay, thanks, good to know they are being watched like everyone else
That seems to be a recurring theme in this thread.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
We're all expecting free beer. Life without hope is hardly life at all.
at this stage of life I don't look forward to much !

Old
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Sure. But in absolute Montreal tradition, we'll probably just dump the beer on your head before setting your car on fire with a blowtorch.

*Seriously though, if you're in Montreal, give mcphee and I a 48 hour notice and we'll make sure to buy you a round or six.
will do !

btw....the first thing to come to mind when I read the beer dumping thing really was ...."my God what a waste of beer".... urine sure...but don't waste the beer !

you and mcphee can be my body guards from the hooligans.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Mue

I enjoy other teams forums way too much to stay away from them.

Variety...I like to read both sides.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
AD

Quote:
will do !

btw....the first thing to come to mind when I read the beer dumping thing really was ...."my God what a waste of beer".... urine sure...but don't waste the beer !

you and mcphee can be my body guards from the hooligans.

I'll take your laughter as an insult. Both mcphee and I are pretty solid stout men. We can hold off hooligans, ruffians, thugs, roughnecks, zoot suits and other assorted riff raff.

Old
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Fido22

Quote:
I'll take your laughter as an insult. Both mcphee and I are pretty solid stout men. We can hold off hooligans, ruffians, thugs, roughnecks, zoot suits and other assorted riff raff.
And I can pee on people, if you let me come.