HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Kovalev for the fans

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm sure the Nordiques care. Maybe they'd still be around had that play not happened..

Diving isn't the only reason. He's got all the talent in the world.. last year he showed no heart at all.. and it really made him dislike him. You can play soft and still have heart.. thing was, he just had no heart at all.
Kovalev bad season = No playoffs

Kovalev good season = Playoffs and maybe more.

And yes, Kovalev IS the best player in the team wether you like him or not.Not Koivu, but Kovalev.

Oh yes, my avatar may tell I'm completely biased, but you need to face the reality bud.

Old
04-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Kovalev bad season = No playoffs

Kovalev good season = Playoffs and maybe more.

And yes, Kovalev IS the best player in the team wether you like him or not.Not Koivu, but Kovalev.

Oh yes, my avatar may tell I'm completely biased, but you need to face the reality bud.
Very simple minded and very wrong.

I agree Kovalev is the best player on the team.

However its not Kovalev good = playoffs and more.

The truth and reality which you and thedamned and a other fanboys fail to recognize is that the emergence of Kostitsyn and Plekanec has lead to the Montreal playoff run. The furthering power of dominance that is Mike Komisarek has lead Montreal to the playoffs. The stabilizing force of Roman Hamrlik has lead Montreal to the second round. The continue strong play of veterans like Koivu, Bouillon, Smolinski, Begin etc has made this team a contender. The further developing of Higgins and Skosts has greatly improved this team. The maturity of Guy Carbonneau has aided this team. An amazing regular season from the Swiss overager.

For once, in many many years this is finally a TEAM and not a collection of individuals however i don't know some of you can grasp this concept.

Old
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post

The truth and reality which you and thedamned and a other fanboys fail to recognize is that the emergence of Kostitsyn and Plekanec has lead to the Montreal playoff run. The furthering power of dominance that is Mike Komisarek has lead Montreal to the playoffs. The stabilizing force of Roman Hamrlik has lead Montreal to the second round. The continue strong play of veterans like Koivu, Bouillon, Smolinski, Begin etc has made this team a contender. The further developing of Higgins and Skosts has greatly improved this team. The maturity of Guy Carbonneau has aided this team. An amazing regular season from the Swiss overager.

For once, in many many years this is finally a TEAM and not a collection of individuals however i don't know some of you can grasp this concept.
Finally a well-thought and rational post,those blind fanboys who constantly mentioned that it's Kovalev the real captain of this team don't have any insight and haven't followed closely the Habs this year.While Kovalev stepped up big time this season on several levels and offered a great performance and became finally a supportive leader behind the captain and real leader that is Koivu.You have to consider all the circumstances and the elements why exactly Montreal became a contender in the East and Andrei Kostopoulos's post above explains it perfectly.

It's all about being a team.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 04-25-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old
04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Judge Sauer*

The Franchise Killer!!!!!

Yeah, I don't think The Nords would be around even if that play didn't happen. Wish they were though.

Old
04-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post

Don't get me wrong, I love the team and I'm not just another "fanboy" as some people like to say.I give credit where credit is due and I have no problems admitting Kovalev struggles, but if you actually took the time to think about my post you'd come with this conclusion:

Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn deserve a lot of credit for what they're bringing to our game.Both are extremely talented and there's no doubt in my mind they both will turn into amazing players.However, if Plekanec and Kostitsyn are paired to another player throughout the season, there's no way these guys achieve what they achieved this year.Both saw a rejuvenating Kovalev bringing his A game this year and there's no DOUBT they both took advantage of this situation.Saying they both LEAD the team to this playoff run is wrong, because their emergeance is in HUGE part thanks to Kovalev's play this year.Yes, I'm aware that Plekanec's play started to amaze us from the second half of 2006-2007, but this year he made that extra step he didn't have when he started his NHL carreer with the Montreal Canadiens ; Being an undeniable offensive threat. Hell, he's barely considered now as a two way player, he's considered as a #1 good center, great Second liner.

The whole other team did good this year, I'm very happy to have this team, but this team needed a LEADER/GAMEBREAKER on the ice and Kovalev is that one.

Old
04-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Neely View Post
Obviously I am in enemy territory but I have an honest question about Kovalev. This is not a troll Habs thread as I have a great deal of repsect for players like Koivu, Price and Kotsopolous to name a few.
You'll have to forgive me then since I don't believe you.

I hope you go to the Oilers board and ask them if they didn't want to cheer on MacTavish for vehicular manslaughter, or the Avalanche for Lemieux's turtling, diving and general dirty play. Go ask yourself if you feel the Canada-USSR series was tainted by having Bobby Clarke break a poor guy's leg.

Did you ask the Washington and Atlanta boards how they felt about Ovechkin and Kovalchuk's antics as 18 year olds? Have you hit the Dallas board yet to ask them about Ribeiro?

Why not?

Old
04-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin View Post
LOL, what a terrible post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
This is pretty ******* close to trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Just because you wrap a turd in aluminum foil doesn't mean you can pass it off here as a chocolate bar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
My goodness, Bruins fans are such drama queens. 'Oh I would not be able to stomach it if he were on my team winning the Cup'....

What a load of horse manure. Get over yourself ...

The morality on these boards is killing me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Seems like someone is coming in to stir some internal **** on the Habs board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

This is not trolling?

Like was eloquently said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post

Amen.

Even a fool can smell a dead rat.This thread is the exact definition of subtle trolling.

Old
04-25-2008, 07:02 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
The Franchise Killer!!!!!

Yeah, I don't think The Nords would be around even if that play didn't happen. Wish they were though.
Well, as far as I remember, they were dominating the series up to the point. That no-goal became the turning point in the series, as far as I remember.

Who knows.. maybe they are Stanley Cup Champs if they win that series.

Old
04-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Guy Caballero

GTFO, noob, and take your passive aggressive crap with you. I'd have more respect for you if you just said, "Kovalev is a ***** ******!!! "

Old
04-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Habs8517

is that moron getting banned ?

Old
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Beakermania*

By popular request.... Locked

Closed Thread