HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town thread 8

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
poor defensive game......but you'll lose to either of these teams in 6.
Of course we will. It's a no-brainer, we're the Montreal Canadiens. We can't compete with top end teams like Pittsburgh or NYR.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Corey

Watching the Pittsburgh-Ranger game makes me wish the Habs were playing either of them in the second round. They would have won the first game and probably the round and then polished off Philly. It was a dreadfully played game with loads of defensive breakdowns and poor goaltending.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Cheechoo scores the equalizer... by crashing to the net...

Old
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Raider917

reviewing this?

Old
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
relsh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Of course we will. It's a no-brainer, we're the Montreal Canadiens. We can't compete with top end teams like Pittsburgh or NYR.
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

my prediction may end up being wrong.....but it's pretty logical.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Raider917

what a horrible call

Old
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

Quote:
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
reviewing this?
late in a tight game they review everything to make sure.

They reviewed the Pens GWG too.

Old
Kachino
@kachino82

PP for the win for Dallas?

Old
Raider917

Quote:

did you pick anaheim to beat dallas

Old
04-26-2008, 12:27 AM
guest1467

Quote:

Because every thing is so certain in the playoffs right?

Old
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

Oh no, the referees gave the game to Dallas! Oh wait, Dallas didn't score on the PP... but that's doesn't matter right? The referees gave the game to Dallas by giving them the penalty at the end of the game...right? I don't understand... Can't somebody explain that to me?

Old
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Oh no, the referees gave the game to Dallas! Oh wait, Dallas didn't score on the PP... but that's doesn't matter right? The referees gave the game to Dallas by giving them the penalty at the end of the game...right? I don't understand... Can't somebody explain that to me?
It's obvious that they want Dallas to win this series.

Old
04-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

Alright like always... Since the game is going to OT... Who's going to score the OT GWG?

My picks are Torey Mitchell and Louie Erickson..

Old
04-26-2008, 12:41 AM
guest1467

Pavelski and Eriksson(I know I copied you, but I like him and how he has played tonight).

Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

Morrow with the winner!!!!! Nice shot!

Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
speed11

game.stars.!

Old
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
les3couleurs

Pretty, pretty play. Nice patience shown by Robidas. Precision passing. Dallas is impressive. Glad I took'em in five.

Old
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
relsh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Because every thing is so certain in the playoffs right?
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.

Old
04-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

Quote:
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.
Our team was supposed to be last in the standings at the end of the season based on predictions. Our team should have crumbled under the pressure of relying on a 20 years old kid after trading our number 1 goalie. Our team doesn't have an enforcer and therefore is "soft". Our team can be easily pushed around. Our team doesn't have the heart to comeback or to fight through adversity. Our team should _____________. Feel free to complete the last one.

I understand your point. Yeah, we're underdogs vs the Penguins or vs the NYR in the next round (if we make it past the Flyers) but this team has proven several times this year that they're special. They might not look special to you but to me (I can't talk in the name of the entire fan base), they have played way over my expectations (scoring a lot of goals, having a great young goalie, best PP, young great squad, great team chemistry). You're allowed to have your opinion. You're allowed to say that the Habs are not going to beat the NYR or the Penguins or even the Flyers. I don't think there's something I can say to change your mind. Hey, the only thing that I can say to you is to watch the games and to enjoy playoff hockey.

Old
04-26-2008, 01:37 AM
JackieChan

Quote:

MTL was:

1) First in the conference, which means we were better against other teams than these two.
2) Best powerplay in the league, which means it was better than these two
3) Highest amount of goals scored in the league, which means we scored more than these two
4) Price is getting better every game, and I never read nor heard anyone say Fleury's a better goaltender than Price.

Am I being irrational?

Old
04-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Shabutie

Quote:

Why the **** do you think that?

Old
04-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Why the **** do you think that?
Don't feed the troll man.I don't think he came here to respectfully discuss hockey.

Old
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
relsh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
MTL was:

1) First in the conference, which means we were better against other teams than these two.
2) Best powerplay in the league, which means it was better than these two
3) Highest amount of goals scored in the league, which means we scored more than these two
4) Price is getting better every game, and I never read nor heard anyone say Fleury's a better goaltender than Price.

Am I being irrational?
are you being irrational? only somewhat.

1) an irrelevant point. it doesn't matter if you were better against other teams, you lost more than you won against the rangers and pens.

2) certainly plays to your advantage....if it translated to the playoffs. hasn't so far (your power play has been brutally bad...but i expect it to improve against philly).

3) a nice stat, but you scored less angainst the rangers and pens than they scored against you.

4) i'd call it a push.....both are young and inexperienced......fleury's stats are better than price's this year, but both can be inconsistant.

nothing i've said has been "troll-like" (someone accussed me of 'trolling")..........i'm merely stating an opinion that's hardly inflammatory.

Old
04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
SonOfGom

Quote:
are you being irrational? only somewhat.

1) an irrelevant point. it doesn't matter if you were better against other teams, you lost more than you won against the rangers and pens.

2) certainly plays to your advantage....if it translated to the playoffs. hasn't so far (your power play has been brutally bad...but i expect it to improve against philly).

3) a nice stat, but you scored less angainst the rangers and pens than they scored against you.

4) i'd call it a push.....both are young and inexperienced......fleury's stats are better than price's this year, but both can be inconsistant.

nothing i've said has been "troll-like" (someone accussed me of 'trolling")..........i'm merely stating an opinion that's hardly inflammatory.
Maybe on the main board

Closed Thread