HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town thread 8

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
  #51
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
poor defensive game......but you'll lose to either of these teams in 6.
Of course we will. It's a no-brainer, we're the Montreal Canadiens. We can't compete with top end teams like Pittsburgh or NYR.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
  #52
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Watching the Pittsburgh-Ranger game makes me wish the Habs were playing either of them in the second round. They would have won the first game and probably the round and then polished off Philly. It was a dreadfully played game with loads of defensive breakdowns and poor goaltending.

Corey is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
  #53
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Cheechoo scores the equalizer... by crashing to the net...

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
  #54
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
reviewing this?

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
  #55
relsh*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Of course we will. It's a no-brainer, we're the Montreal Canadiens. We can't compete with top end teams like Pittsburgh or NYR.
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

my prediction may end up being wrong.....but it's pretty logical.

relsh* is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
  #56
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
what a horrible call

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
  #57
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

my prediction may end up being wrong.....but it's pretty logical.

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
  #58
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,810
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
reviewing this?
late in a tight game they review everything to make sure.

They reviewed the Pens GWG too.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
  #59
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
PP for the win for Dallas?

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
  #60
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

my prediction may end up being wrong.....but it's pretty logical.
did you pick anaheim to beat dallas

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:27 AM
  #61
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
your team is playing an inferior team to either of these two teams.....and played an even worse team before.

you'll win this round in 5 or 6.....we'll see what happens next round. you really have no reason to be confident....you don't match up well against either team, and you lost the season series to both.

my prediction may end up being wrong.....but it's pretty logical.
Because every thing is so certain in the playoffs right?

guest1467 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
  #62
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Oh no, the referees gave the game to Dallas! Oh wait, Dallas didn't score on the PP... but that's doesn't matter right? The referees gave the game to Dallas by giving them the penalty at the end of the game...right? I don't understand... Can't somebody explain that to me?

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
  #63
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Oh no, the referees gave the game to Dallas! Oh wait, Dallas didn't score on the PP... but that's doesn't matter right? The referees gave the game to Dallas by giving them the penalty at the end of the game...right? I don't understand... Can't somebody explain that to me?
It's obvious that they want Dallas to win this series.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:38 AM
  #64
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Alright like always... Since the game is going to OT... Who's going to score the OT GWG?

My picks are Torey Mitchell and Louie Erickson..

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:41 AM
  #65
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Pavelski and Eriksson(I know I copied you, but I like him and how he has played tonight).

guest1467 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
  #66
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Morrow with the winner!!!!! Nice shot!

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
  #67
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
game.stars.!

speed11 is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
  #68
les3couleurs
Registered User
 
les3couleurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Pretty, pretty play. Nice patience shown by Robidas. Precision passing. Dallas is impressive. Glad I took'em in five.

les3couleurs is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
  #69
relsh*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Because every thing is so certain in the playoffs right?
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.

relsh* is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 01:32 AM
  #70
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.
Our team was supposed to be last in the standings at the end of the season based on predictions. Our team should have crumbled under the pressure of relying on a 20 years old kid after trading our number 1 goalie. Our team doesn't have an enforcer and therefore is "soft". Our team can be easily pushed around. Our team doesn't have the heart to comeback or to fight through adversity. Our team should _____________. Feel free to complete the last one.

I understand your point. Yeah, we're underdogs vs the Penguins or vs the NYR in the next round (if we make it past the Flyers) but this team has proven several times this year that they're special. They might not look special to you but to me (I can't talk in the name of the entire fan base), they have played way over my expectations (scoring a lot of goals, having a great young goalie, best PP, young great squad, great team chemistry). You're allowed to have your opinion. You're allowed to say that the Habs are not going to beat the NYR or the Penguins or even the Flyers. I don't think there's something I can say to change your mind. Hey, the only thing that I can say to you is to watch the games and to enjoy playoff hockey.

Kachino is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 01:37 AM
  #71
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.
MTL was:

1) First in the conference, which means we were better against other teams than these two.
2) Best powerplay in the league, which means it was better than these two
3) Highest amount of goals scored in the league, which means we scored more than these two
4) Price is getting better every game, and I never read nor heard anyone say Fleury's a better goaltender than Price.

Am I being irrational?

JackieChan is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 02:09 AM
  #72
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
of course not......but if you are going to make predictions (which by nature is unsure), they might as well be logical and based on some sort of tangible evidence.

your team should lose to either the rangers or the pens....they might not....but there's no rational reason to be confident against either.
Why the **** do you think that?

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 02:24 AM
  #73
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Why the **** do you think that?
Don't feed the troll man.I don't think he came here to respectfully discuss hockey.

Stephen Locke* is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
  #74
relsh*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
MTL was:

1) First in the conference, which means we were better against other teams than these two.
2) Best powerplay in the league, which means it was better than these two
3) Highest amount of goals scored in the league, which means we scored more than these two
4) Price is getting better every game, and I never read nor heard anyone say Fleury's a better goaltender than Price.

Am I being irrational?
are you being irrational? only somewhat.

1) an irrelevant point. it doesn't matter if you were better against other teams, you lost more than you won against the rangers and pens.

2) certainly plays to your advantage....if it translated to the playoffs. hasn't so far (your power play has been brutally bad...but i expect it to improve against philly).

3) a nice stat, but you scored less angainst the rangers and pens than they scored against you.

4) i'd call it a push.....both are young and inexperienced......fleury's stats are better than price's this year, but both can be inconsistant.


nothing i've said has been "troll-like" (someone accussed me of 'trolling")..........i'm merely stating an opinion that's hardly inflammatory.

relsh* is offline  
Old
04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
  #75
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by relsh View Post
are you being irrational? only somewhat.

1) an irrelevant point. it doesn't matter if you were better against other teams, you lost more than you won against the rangers and pens.

2) certainly plays to your advantage....if it translated to the playoffs. hasn't so far (your power play has been brutally bad...but i expect it to improve against philly).

3) a nice stat, but you scored less angainst the rangers and pens than they scored against you.

4) i'd call it a push.....both are young and inexperienced......fleury's stats are better than price's this year, but both can be inconsistant.


nothing i've said has been "troll-like" (someone accussed me of 'trolling")..........i'm merely stating an opinion that's hardly inflammatory.
Maybe on the main board

SonOfGom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.