HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leadership, etc ... Brisebois/Halak last night

Old
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
Or maybe because Brisebois feels left out like Halak so they celebrate together
You owe me a new keybored.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
EDIT: This isn't supposed to be a thread on Breezer, but just an example of a team being tight, chemistry, leadership, etc. I want this thread to discuss how players who don't play (Halak) or the Black-Aces (Vally, etc) stay positive and feel like a part of the team.

The example from last night;

Aside from his play which has been debated to death.. Carbonneau said Brisebois (and Dandy) were dressed do their leadership and experience.

Watching the CBC feed last night, I never noticed. But I just re-watched Canadiens express and what Brisebois did really caught my eye.

After Kosto scored in OT.. after screaming "WOOO" or whatever to themselves, everyone jumped over the bench to get out there and celebrate.

After Brisebois screamed, the first thing he did was turn to Halak and give him a nice little friendly shove, celebrating with him, which I think would definitely help Halak's morale as really feeling like a part of the team, as he obviously doesn't play.

Not being a Brisebois homer here, I just thought it was a great thing for him to do.

dont you find it concerning though that you have to look this hard for positives about Brisebois?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
There is a thread about " why playing Brisebois ? " , and there is another one about " it's time to rest Dandeneault and Lapierre "

Markov is underplaying , Higgins was very bad yesterday , Komisarek also had a bad game but i don't see a thread about them . Brisebois tried to cut a pass and the puck deflected in the goal , and the fans want to sit him !?! what a joke ! No one would say the same thing if Gorges , Komisarek or Hamer would do the same kind of play .

The Habs gave 18 goals so far in the playoffs . Do we need to sit all the players that were responsable of a goal ?
Do you want Dandenault to play instead of Latendresse or Ryder?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Do you want Dandenault to play instead of Latendresse or Ryder?
rhetorical question

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Brisebois was responsible for 2 goals last night.
No offense,you're a poster I really appreciate,but the Brisebois bashing is getting really sickening and redundant.Though he was responsible of several turnovers and didn't play exceptionally well,but in comparaison why Markov isn't receiving the same treatment for his absolutely disappointing performance in the playoffs so far, aside the assist on Kosto's OT goal vs Philly?Once again,the double standard is on.He'll constantly get abused whatever he does.It's always a no-win situation for him.

Brisebois's been just fine so far in the playoffs.No need to get at him every time.He's been a positive contributor at least,time to get off your haters's glasses folks.

I'm far from being a Brisebois supporter,but there are reasonable limits.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 04-26-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
bw74

as person: nice , smart, classy

as player: ugly,scary,suspense hero

bw74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
dont you find it concerning though that you have to look this hard for positives about Brisebois?
If you read any of the thread at all, you'd realize the only reason Brisebois was a part of it is because he's my favourite player and I obviously pay close attention to him, which is why I noticed what happened.

The thread, for the final time, was supposed to be about keeping Halak and others feeling like they are part of the team.. and how tightly knit our team actually is.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
...about keeping Halak and others feeling like they are part of the team.. and how tightly knit our team actually is.
I didnt know we had so many Habs that knew how to knit. Maybe it helps with the stick handling.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
No offense,you're a poster I really appreciate,but the Brisebois bashing is getting really sickening.Though he was responsible of several turnovers and didn't play exceptionally well,but why isn't Markov receiving the same treatment for his absolutely disappointing performance in the playoffs so far, aside the assist on Kosto's OT goal vs Philly?Once again,the double standard is on.He'll constantly get abused whatever he does.It's always a no-win situation for him.

Brisebois's been just fine so far in the playoffs.No need to get at him every time.

I'm far from being a Brisebois supporter,but there are reasonable limits.
I agree on all accounts. I'm not a Brisebois supporter either, but if some fans can't realize that he's been a positive contributor thus far in the playoffs, they are blind. He's made a few mistakes, but he's also won us a game and created some offense. With Brisebois, we know to take the good with the bad. One thing is certain- he is NOT our worst defenseman thus far.

Inertiatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you watch the replay closely..Brisebois doesn't go out of his way to congratulate Halak. It just so happens everybody already jumped the bench to go jump on Kosto, the Heroe of the night. Breezer turns and there's only Halak, so he gives a friendly tap.

Not worth mentioning buddy. I understand you like to be the devil's advocate here, but give it a rest. This isn't the first time somebody taps Halak after a big goal. Maybe its the first time you actually pay attention to it cuz it was right in front of your face and it was Breezer, but this happens quite often.
Where did you see the replay?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
dabobcan

Quote:
I don't.. someone who taped the RDS feed might. I have to record the CBC feed because my dad hates watching RDS when its on in English.

Therefore I only have the CBC feed and they didn't show it.

This just isn't supposed to be that kind of thread. Going off-topic is pretty stupid just to bash someone.

I was trying to spark an intelligent discussion .. I could make a thread for you about rainbow cookies or something, if you like?
No he's more towards the book with big pop out pictures and lots of colours.

dabobcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Marksman

Seems like someone grasping straws for Brisebois.

I'm voting he didnt feel like celebrating with Price in a game he scored the opening goal, thats all.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 06:25 AM
Bouchard

Brisebois is a class act, sure he ***** up sometimes but you have to give him credit for resigning here after all of the crap the fans put him through! He really has given his heart and soul to this franchise and we should stand behind him just how he stands behind this team!!

Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Belso

Quote:
EDIT: This isn't supposed to be a thread on Breezer, but just an example of a team being tight, chemistry, leadership, etc. I want this thread to discuss how players who don't play (Halak) or the Black-Aces (Vally, etc) stay positive and feel like a part of the team.

The example from last night;

Aside from his play which has been debated to death.. Carbonneau said Brisebois (and Dandy) were dressed do their leadership and experience.

Watching the CBC feed last night, I never noticed. But I just re-watched Canadiens express and what Brisebois did really caught my eye.

After Kosto scored in OT.. after screaming "WOOO" or whatever to themselves, everyone jumped over the bench to get out there and celebrate.

After Brisebois screamed, the first thing he did was turn to Halak and give him a nice little friendly shove, celebrating with him, which I think would definitely help Halak's morale as really feeling like a part of the team, as he obviously doesn't play.

Not being a Brisebois homer here, I just thought it was a great thing for him to do.
I can understand your fustration about these boards. Some people feel the need to make you feel bad for saying something nice about a guy they hate. I thing Brisebois's heart is in the right place. He does a few bonehead moves once in a while, but he's human too..

He's a true "blue blanc rouge" whatever anyone tries to say about him.. He really does his best to make this team win.. Hats to him...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabobcan View Post
No he's more towards the book with big pop out pictures and lots of colours.
Transformers.

What a great movie. Funny, but filled with action.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote